Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Office Xmas party ideas

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I walk past Flight Club every day. Sadly my team are not likely to be up for such adventures. I’ll be lucky to not be the only one blind drunk by the end.
  • Options
    C & S word association game with shots, not allowed to say a word beginning with c or s or you do a shot, you get absolutely bolloxed and some people are proper shit at it.
  • Options
    I have an adult ball pool you can hire
  • Options
    Just go for a drink ffs.
    Why would you need to contrive anything more?
    If people want games they'll come up with stuff themselves.
  • Options

Split into teams and get them to name the logos used to make up this seasonal greeting

I have printed this and hope HI will be able to provide an answer sheet.
  • Options
    Would anyone that has a career in HR be able to say what level of responsibility a party organiser has regarding anything that might happen ata work party if people have got 'completely bolloxed'? Where I am we had a summer party where there was a bit of an incident, nothing too serious but still took a couple of weeks to sort out. Frankly I'd be wary of anything that could lead to a claim. Si. is an employer/manager responsible for what happens at midnight at the end of a works party?

As for all these games, god no. Buy people a nice meal to say thank you for working well and let them get on with it. I would hate to be forced into playing games that talk about what has happened at work, personal stuff. Good luck with the party.
  • Options
    delroofer said:

Split into teams and get them to name the logos used to make up this seasonal greeting

I have printed this and hope HI will be able to provide an answer sheet.
    HI, do you have the answers please?
  • Options
    I'll try and find the answer sheet this weekend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Can't find the answer sheet but I'm knocking up a new one

But I can't remember what 12 is!

@tricky Have you got a copy?
  • Options

I'll try and find the answer sheet this weekend.

Thanks v much
  • Options
    All done bar No.12

Will now spend 10 hours trying to work it out

• Options
    Thanks but sorry if trying to remember 12 is a pain. I guess the white line under should help?
  • Options
    I agree that just going out and chatting and drinking is best, but as you are lumbered with it, how about "Two truths and a lie"? You have to let people know it's going to happen in advance so they can think of a couple of interesting things they have done, seen etc and to think up a feasible lie to go with them. They then make the three statements EG "I once met Bill Clinton, I once punched Ade Edmonson's lights out, I once saw Charlton Athletic beat Millwall" and everyone else has to suss out the lie.
  • Options

I agree that just going out and chatting and drinking is best, but as you are lumbered with it, how about "Two truths and a lie"? You have to let people know it's going to happen in advance so they can think of a couple of interesting things they have done, seen etc and to think up a feasible lie to go with them. They then make the three statements EG "I once met Bill Clinton, I once punched Ade Edmonson's lights out, I once saw Charlton Athletic beat Millwall" and everyone else has to suss out the lie.

Good idea

BTW what made you come out with three such unbelievable choices? : - )
  • Options

I have an adult ball pool you can hire

Blimey, I have seen the gossip on here about the size of your balls but I never thought for one minute you had a separate pool to wash them in!! :smile:
  • Options
    Don't have one.

A lot of people are filled with abject terror just at the thought of it yet are frightened to say so either because of being thought miserable or general office politics.

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Don't have one.

A lot of people are filled with abject terror just at the thought of it yet are frightened to say so either because of being thought miserable or general office politics.

It's being so cheerful what keeps him going... :wink:
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Don't have one.

Not a Scrooge generally but the sheer hypocrisy of pretending to be friends with people that have spent the rest of the year undermining and or slagging off each other sticks in the craw I'm afraid.

I
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

Don't have one.

Not a Scrooge generally but the sheer hypocrisy of pretending to be friends with people that have spent the rest of the year undermining and or slagging off each other sticks in the craw I'm afraid.

I
    When did you join the SMT at Charlton, Len?

Anyway, what is 12?
  • Options
    edited November 2017

LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

Don't have one.

I
    When did you join the SMT at Charlton, Len?

Anyway, what is 12?
    You've lost me Henry. Not on the ball today.

What is SMT? 12 is the time of this post otherwise puzzled by that too.

EDIT: Just twigged re SMT and 12 is the number of chips with the turkey
  • Options
    Surely 12 is rolls Royce
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

Don't have one.

I
    You are Karel Fraeye and I claim my prize.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    . Quote cock up

• Options

Can't find the answer sheet but I'm knocking up a new one

But I can't remember what 12 is!

@tricky Have you got a copy?

It really looks like the "E" in the "beer" part of the Amstel logo. The white line underneath doesn't match though
  • Options
    Senior Management Team

12 is the only logo on the quiz I can't remember

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Don't have one.

This. My manager isn’t happy because I am refusing to attend the “team’s” Xmas meal. Told her that I don’t like most of the people, so why would I want to shell out to have a mince pie and a bit of turkey with them ?
    Load of hypocritical old pony. Bah.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Surely 12 is rolls Royce

Doh. Can’t count.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

Surely 12 is rolls Royce

Doh. Can’t count.
    If you look very closely, there are little numbers under each letter.