Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ref went home on the MK Dons coach!!! (Ed, false)

edited November 2017 in General Charlton
That can't be allowed, surely??

(Ed. and it turns out it can't, and didn't happen. Was posted elsewhere as a joke)

Comments

• Options

Did he come down on their coach as well....because that would be bang out of order.
  • Options
    Is that actually true or just twitter gossip?

If it's true surely a complaint should be made.
  • Options
    That can't be right?!
  • Options

That can't be right?!

Sure it isn't.

Some people will beleive anything that they see on the internet
  • Options
    I thought that comment was a joke on that blog.
  • Options
    Seriously? One of the match officials saving money and time by travelling on the same bus as players, management, medical team and kit staff is upsetting people?

Why would a complaint need to be made? And to whom?
  • Options
    Came from Wyn Grant's blog. Ref is from Northamptonshire.

http://addicksdiary3.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/we-were-robbed.html?m=1
  • Options
    Assuming it is true it is completely unacceptable. Would he have felt uncomfortable getting on the coach if he hadn't given the pen? I'm not suggesting he was biased but compromising himself like this doesn't help maintain integrity.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Seriously? One of the match officials saving money and time by travelling on the same bus as players, management, medical team and kit staff is upsetting people?

Its the mindset that could be put in the Ref's head though

"Best not upset the MK Dons players too much as I'm getting a lift home and dont want to be in an uncomfortable situation" or

"Oh that George Williams seemed a nice fella on the coach, couldn't possibly be the type to want to rip someone's face off"
  • Options

Chizz said:

"Best not upset the MK Dons players too much as I'm getting a lift home and dont want to be in an uncomfortable situation" or

"Oh that George Williams seemed a nice fella on the coach, couldn't possibly be the type to want to rip someone's face off"
    Yes, but, seriously..? Is it something to get worked up about? Or worth making a complaint about?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This simply cant be true. Match officials are not even allowed to drive to the ground. A localish hotel is the designated meeting point for the match officials and the home team arranges transport to the ground.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Yes, but, seriously..? Is it something to get worked up about? Or worth making a complaint about?
    Yes because it could have influenced decisions... As @PeterGage says, it shouldnt be happening; that'll be for a reason
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Yes because it could have influenced decisions... As @PeterGage says, it shouldnt be happening; that'll be for a reason
    I bow to @PeterGage 's obvious superior knowledge on this.

If you're excluded from travelling other than at the arrangement of the home team, then he shouldn't have done so.

But if Charlton are supposed to have arranged his travel, I can't imagine Charlton being in a position to register a complaint.
  • Options
    This simply can’t be true. There surely would be a conflict of interest in accepting a lift/favour/gift (call it what you will). The EFL and MK Dons would have some massive explaining to do, potentially all the way to the SFO. It’s got to be a non-story because it couldn’t have happened. #AFKABartram - Amend the thread title so it’s not making a statement.
  • Options
    Sue Parkes saying on SE7 Valiants that it happened. And she 'doesn't agree with social media rumours because they're all made up' (what she said about takeover rumours) so ot must be fact if shes willing to report it.

Or there are some double standards going on.
  • Options
    Does anyone know at the club if its true... i.e. can @Ollywozere confirm if true or not?
  • Options
    edited November 2017

This simply can’t be true. There surely would be a conflict of interest in accepting a lift/favour/gift (call it what you will). The EFL and MK Dons would have some massive explaining to do, potentially all the way to the SFO. It’s got to be a non-story because it couldn’t have happened. #AFKABartram - Amend the thread title so it’s not making a statement.

I understand the wife of the Club Secretary took to social media to state / confirm it (though I'm happy to be corrected if wrong on that)
  • Options

I understand the wife of the Club Secretary took to social media to state / confirm it (though I'm happy to be corrected if wrong on that)
    She's edited the post so that it refers to Wyn's blog. It did initially confirm it as truth now more ambiguous.
  • Options

Did he come down on their coach as well....because that would be bang out of order.
    Was he driving the coach? :flushed:
    Doubt it,midget twat wouldn't be able to reach the pedals
  • Options
    Perhaps they were off to Margate for a jolly boys outing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

If you're excluded from travelling other than at the arrangement of the home team, then he shouldn't have done so.

But if Charlton are supposed to have arranged his travel, I can't imagine Charlton being in a position to register a complaint.
    How can you not see the obvious conflict here, if it's true.
  • Options

I hope he didn’t get a doggy bag of left over vol-au-vents for the tip home.

On reflection, of course he didn’t......there wouldn’t have been any left.
  • Options
    If this is true then a complaint should be made and a rematch made. Just hope we don't get Trevor Kettle next time!
  • Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

How can you not see the obvious conflict here, if it's true.
    Because it’s what he does
  • Options
    Ok say this happened what is the point in complaining, what can actually be done.

The game wont get replayed
    We wont be given the 3 points.

The ref may be fined
    MK franchise may be fined
  • Options
    I would like to see evidence of this. When I refereed Sunday league no way would I blag a lift either there or back with a manager or player. Even the midweek contact would be cool and businesslike.
  • Options
    Wyn is well respected and I'd be surprised he would report it in his blog if not true
  • Options
    If nothing else, a complaint would perhaps make him think twice before claiming his mileage allowance.