Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

One-off commemorative strip for Back to The Valley match

Comments

• Croydon said:

Fun fact: if you want to order it online, delivery is £7. Just in case you were worried you weren't spending enough

7 quid for delivery?! Where the fuck are they posting it from, the moon?

I was sort of tempted, but 82 quid all in for a football shirt is ridiculous
  • has anyone bought one yet? haven;t seen anything on twitter or the club promoting who the first customer was (like they did with the home kit in the summer)
  • cafcwill said:

has anyone bought one yet? haven;t seen anything on twitter or the club promoting who the first customer was (like they did with the home kit in the summer)

One of the guys I sit with had purchased one ahead of last nights game
  • I'm just worried that seeing webbo and walshie modelling the kit hasn't lit a bulb in Katie's head and they'll be starting on Sunday.
  • Just waiting for the club to announce a surcharge on admission to the match for s/t holders....
  • Walshie looked VERY excited to be modelling the kit....
  • chilham said:

Just waiting for the club to announce a surcharge on admission to the match for s/t holders....

It's OK. Tone's fixed it for Portsmouth fans to be on hand in home stands to deliver a smack in the mouth to anyone who wants one.
  • edited November 2017

Firstly let me say I hate this mob who are in charge but I bought one for my Grandson last night. At £75 a bit of a rip off, but what's not now days.

I will do anything to get rid of this lot but this is a celebration of 25 years back at the valley, something that on the day of our return meant so much to me and my family.

I will not let this lot of clowns ruin my great memories of that time and if I can also make my Grandsons Christmas just a little bit better I will.

Always happy that people have their own opinions but please don't tell others what they should and shouldn't do

I used to get pjamers and a home knitted jumper from my Grandparents for Christmas.
  • Firstly let me say I hate this mob who are in charge but I bought one for my Grandson last night. At £75 a bit of a rip off, but what's not now days.

I will do anything to get rid of this lot but this is a celebration of 25 years back at the valley, something that on the day of our return meant so much to me and my family.

I will not let this lot of clowns ruin my great memories of that time and if I can also make my Grandsons Christmas just a little bit better I will.

Always happy that people have their own opinions but please don't tell others what they should and shouldn't do

Who has done that then?

All I've read is people saying they will or will not get it and their reasons behind it. Haven't read anything about people telling others what to do?
  • Sponsored links:

• Fun fact: if you want to order it online, delivery is £7. Just in case you were worried you weren't spending enough

for 75 notes I'd want KR to personally deliver it to my door
    I'll let you know if he turns up
  • @ElfsborgAddick has brought a kids one so he use it as a nightdress.

And if anybody laughs this stupid comment I will flag every post you make forever.
  • I like to imagine the dialogue at the meeting where they set the price for this item.

Kit Mauufacturer: 'So, Mr Cojones, we have the special shirt, the basic shirt £8 to manufacture and ship, then there is a cardboard box and certificates to print out, another two quid. What shall we put down as the recommended retail price Tone?'

Mr Cojones: 'Seventy five quid.'
  • Personally I have no idea why anyone would want a one-off anniversary shirt, with or without a box. But so what?
  • Would've been tempted if it was around £45 but it's taking the piss.
  • Would the club have to pay some recompense to the sponsors, or did they agree to not be on the shirt out of the goodness of their heart?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2017
    DRAddick said:

Would the club have to pay some recompense to the sponsors, or did they agree to not be on the shirt out of the goodness of their heart?

We didn’t have a sponsor at that time. We had Woolwich on the last Upton Park/ Admiral shirt, and Viglen came in the following season. Edit - unless you mean Betdaq or whatever, in which case I don’t give two shits.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

DRAddick said:

Would the club have to pay some recompense to the sponsors, or did they agree to not be on the shirt out of the goodness of their heart?

We didn’t have a sponsor at that time. We had Woolwich on the last Upton Park/ Admiral shirt, and Viglen came in the following season. Edit - unless you mean Betdaq or whatever, in which case I don’t give two shits.
    Yeah I meant the new shirt.
  • It said all the sponsors agreed to be removed for this game.
  • So many retro tops are not exact to the original. When this is the case I do not understand why people buy the top.

This applies to the Fads top, also with this one. The collar is totally different to the '92 version. For this alone it's a waste of money let alone the outrageous price tag.
  • Seventy. Five. Quid.

And on top of that, if you buy it online they'll also charge you £7 for delivery...!
  • Fun fact: if you want to order it online, delivery is £7. Just in case you were worried you weren't spending enough

for 75 notes I'd want KR to personally deliver it to my door
    I'll let you know if he turns up
    Update: He did not. Regular postman.

Disappointed.
  • 75 quid for a shirt? When did our kit manufacturer change to Thomas Pink?!

They just cannot stop taking the piss of us.
  • Bought my shirt this morning. It is a quality product and Hummel deserve a lot of credit.

They have replicated the material used 25 years ago and there is hardly any stretch. Make sure you get the correct size.

Only 40 of each size have been made. 2XL has already sold out. If you intend to buy one don't wait too long.

If you visit the shop they suggest you try a shirt on to ensure you get the right size. The boxed shirts are behind the counter.
  • for 75 quid i hope its better quality than the 100 years anniversary kit

also why 75 quid? your paying about £35 for a box and a glorified receipt.

We know these things cost no more than £20 to bring to the point of sale box certificate VAT the lot So that's effectively paying £55 for a kick in the balls from the sneering Belgians

Not for me