Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum 27/11/17 re 9th Dec 17

Comments

• Options
    Pompey have sold out the away btw
  • Options
    I didn't manage to get a ticket to the Pompey game 25-yrs ago so my anniversary game is, I think FACup3rd round weekend in January (think it was Leeds). I feel a bit bad that I'm choosing to not get a ticket to this but bollocks to them....
  • Options
    iainment said:

Fumbluff said:

I didn't manage to get a ticket to the Pompey game 25-yrs ago so my anniversary game is, I think FACup3rd round weekend in January (think it was Leeds). I feel a bit bad that I'm choosing to not get a ticket to this but bollocks to them....

I chose not to get a ticket for the back to the valley game as I only started going to Charlton whilst they were at Selhurst. I thought a long term supporter should have the seat. I was on the march though and all the subsequent home games that year.
    Same here. I only started going to games when we were at Upton Park (RIP) and thought it would be a bit off for me to nab a ticket when people were doing daft things like flying in from Australia for the game. My 'Back to the Valley' game was a dreary draw against Oxford Utd.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Fumbluff said:

I chose not to get a ticket for the back to the valley game as I only started going to Charlton whilst they were at Selhurst. I thought a long term supporter should have the seat. I was on the march though and all the subsequent home games that year.
    I started at Shithurst too but would have bitten an arm off for a ticket on the day but it wasn't to be...ah well
  • Options
    isnt meire keith cheggars
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Pompey have sold out the away btw

They have a fantastic away following, I imagine they could have sold a lot more.
  • Options
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/club-overview/back-at-the-valley

Some fans on the so-called independent committee, perhaps ask some of them why this has ended up like this?

Funny (if it weren't so tragic) but I thought Valley Gold with links to Charlton since 2004 was set up to raise money to get us back to the Valley in 1989, unless of course they also invented time travel.

At the end of the day with the club at odds with its fans could much better have been achieved, at least the FF has stepped in to try and fix some of it.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

5th December 1992 was one of the greatest days of my life.

I'm so disconnected from the Club I love that I will not be making for the 25th anniversary game. Shame really, as I won't be around for the 50th anniversary game.

Very much doubt I will be either but under these circumstances the 25th will be soured by this cancer within. I have fantastic memories of the whole day & they can never ruin those.
  • Options

Had it seen fit to do so, the club would have offered complimentary tickets for this game to all the surviving Valley Party candidates and key workers.
    Some of them might choose not to attend - such is their disdain for the current ownership - but the offer would, perhaps, have been welcome to the others. A list of the candidates' names is displayed on the wall inside The Valley. Has management seen it?
    I concur with the point made earlier in this thread about 1992 prices, or 'football for a fiver'.
    The reality? A premium price. The foul-ups and missed opportunities keep happening.
    #emptyseats

................... but they've learned by their mistakes
  • Options
    Did they let the FF know they are charging £75 for the replica shirt?
  • Options
    razil said:

https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/club-overview/back-at-the-valley

Some fans on the so-called independent committee, perhaps ask some of them why this has ended up like this?

Funny (if it weren't so tragic) but I thought Valley Gold with links to Charlton since 2004 was set up to raise money to get us back to the Valley in 1989, unless of course they also invented time travel.

At the end of the day with the club at odds with its fans could much better have been achieved, at least the FF has stepped in to try and fix some of it.

They mean Sharron has links to the club going back to 2004 (when she was employed by the supporters' club).
  • Options
    OIC re Valley Gold

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2017

Did the Valley Party get a mention? They were quite involved in the return to the Valley, as I remember it. Come to think of it, I remember about 10 hours of leafletting in Woolwich housing estates in an attempt to drive up the vote. I don't feel anyway involved - a celebratory dinner for £95 or a match that would cost me £31 + Meire Tax as a lapsed season ticket holder. Such a shame but they don't care about our history and it's blindingly obvious what motivates them completely now (if it hasn't always).

And now a meire £75 for the centenary shirt! Nicely rounds up to over £200 for the match, shirt and inner. Rip-off the punters.
  • Options
    Ha ha me neither Prague, me neither. I guess I keep chipping away at the same old argument in the hope that some day people will get it, and see the potential.

I guess I also care about the club in whatever form and don't like to see it mishandled, and that includes its history and the people that are part of that. This death by a thousands cuts is not good, I suppose that's why I and others restarted City Addicks.

There are fans including kids, including my own who deserve to be reminded (poor things) of the history of our club, the struggle, and what can be achieved when you work together, who wont get to the museum or the VP, or the overpriced dinner, or afford a shirt, but that isn't all there is and the FF have tried with others to add more to it for those that matter, the ordinary fans.

• Options
    looked at that carefully twice, what am I missing?
  • Options
    ah, got it, the shirt. That is soooo bad.
  • Options
    Occasion is spelt incorrectly
  • Options
    occasion
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    oh, that too.

don't know what is worse, the spelling or showing a shirt from neither the 1992/3 season or this season.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    The shirt is worn by Jacko holding the 2011/12 L1 trophy.

Last week’s Mercury had a front page ad for full season tickets. Not sure who was to blame for that but I’d suggest too many basic errors are being made. That’s something management ought to address, even if it’s down to resources. I doubt if they are even aware of it.