Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton v Peterborough

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Amos: 6.5 - 2 good saves. One early 1v1 and a second long effort to keep at 0-2

Konsa: 5.5 - did better when moved inside

Bauer: 4.5 - even before his injury he was having a rough go

Sarr: 7 - passes with precision. Our best player defensively

DaSilva: 6.5 - literally curled about 20 crosses into the box. Most attacks were channeled down his wing.

Kashi: 5 - had a poor game for his standards. Silly foul to concede for Posh first goal.

Marshall: 5.5 - some decent runs with speed but overall struggled to get into any dangerous areas

Forster-Caskey: 6 - forced into passing sideways and backwards often. Intelligent defensive play when he saved a goal at 0-2

Holmes: 7 - Never stopped trying. Ran his socks off.

Best: 4 - donkey slow and only had a few touches on the ball cuz he was reacting second best all night

Magennis: 5 - missed an absolute sitter from 4 yards out early on. If he scores that then maybe we gain some momentum.

Dijksteel: 6 - passes efficiently and with confidence. Much rather see him at RB when Solly is out
  • Options
    Amos 6.5 A good goalie.
    Konsa 5.5 Poor at RB
    Bauer 5.5 Shaky
    Sarr 7 At times quality,then he does a shocker.
    Da Silva 7.5 Cut above.
    Kashi 5 Getting bored with him now.
    Marshall 5.5 I know he's a good player,it's just we haven't seen it yet.
    Forster-Caskey 6.5 Did ok I thought.
    Holmes 7 How many times does he win free kicks and corners?. Dynamo.
    Best 5.5 Did a few decent flick on's and hold up play.
    Magennis 6 Quite anonymous.
    Dijksteel 6.5 Looked good.
  • Options
    Amos: 7
    Konsa: 5
    Bauer: 5
    Sarr: 7
    DaSilva: 7.5
    Kashi: 4
    Marshall: 5
    Forster-Caskey: 7.5
    Holmes: 5.5
    Best: 5
    Magennis: 5
    Dijksteel: 6.5
  • Options
    Amos: 6 as he did pull off two good saves.
    Konsa: 5 he was poor, passing inaccurate and not aware of being closed down
    Bauer: 4 he was very poor tonight passing out of defense a joke
    Sarr: 6 the best of the back four for defending
    DaSilva: 6 going forward was are best outlet, also defended well.
    Kashi: 4 was liability in front of the back four
    Marshall: 6 had some god plays but did get bullied off the ball to easily
    Forster-Caskey: 5 a mediocre game from him
    Holmes: 5, his delivery into the box from open play and free kicks was terrible, I know he was double teamed but ran into blind alleys to often.
    Best: 5 thought it was not a bad start
    Magennis: 6 he won must of the balls sent his way but others standing off to far to collect the ball from him, unlucky their keeper in top form
    Dijksteel: 6 solid game.
  • Options
    Bauer: 6
    Sarr: 7.5
    DaSilva 8
    Marshall: 4
    Forster-Caskey: 6
    Holmes: 7
    Best: 4
    Dijksteel: 7
  • Options
    Amos: 7.5 (MoM) - Some important saves to keep the score down; did well.
    Konsa: 4.5 - Awful play, very negative, always backwards. Too many easy mistakes.
    Bauer: 5 - One of his worst games for the club; slow, clueless, and then got injured.
    Sarr: 6 - Good on the ball, but struggled to cope with the nippy forwards
    DaSilva: 5.5 - Linked well with Holmes but crosses were generally poor
    Kashi: 4 - Terrible game; does every ball have to go through him from the back? Enforcer not play-maker!
    Marshall: 4.5 - Looked lost and struggled to get involved
    Forster-Caskey: 6 - Got involved but not a good game
    Holmes: 6.5 - Saw loads of the ball but crossing was not great
    Best: 5 - Struggled to get involved
    Magennis: 5.5 - Worked hard but not much there
    Dijksteel: 6.5 - Did everything he needed to and look comfortable

I thought Aribo looked keen when he came on and Karlan got the goal that should build his confidence (hopefully).
  • Options
    Sarr: 6
    DaSilva: 7
    Kashi: 6
    Marshall: 4
    Best: 5.5
    Magennis: 6
    Dijksteel: 6.5
  • Options
    Dasilva: 7 (MOTM)
    Holmes: 6
    Dijksteel: 6
  • Options
    Konsa: 4.5
    Bauer: 4.5
    DaSilva 7
    Kashi: 4.5
    Dijksteel: 6
  • Options
    Leuth said:

If JDS' shot in the 95th minute had flown in, I think I'd have given my first ever mark of 11

are you seriously this thick, you comment every week to deliberately piss people off which is working, then lol my marks thought we had left the playground for an educated individual that you portray your a bit of a twat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amos: 6 - couldn't do anything about the goals -1 for the awful flap at one straight at him in the 2nd
    Konsa: 4 - not good at RB
    Bauer: 4.5 - Didn't look fully fit even before the injury
    Sarr: 5.5 - has a good range of passing, scares me on the ball at times though
    DaSilva: 7 - MOM drove us forward and looked good going forward, will have to watch again but looked like he lost his man to allow him to put the ball across for their 2nd though
    Kashi: 4 - poor game, its the free headers he just loops back to the oppo that really irritates
    Marshall: 4- Comes inside to collect the ball to much so we have no width down the right hand side
    Forster-Caskey: 5.5 - didnt really notice him yesterday tbh
    Holmes: 6.5 - He has been well short of his best for 3/4 weeks now, but he tries so hard even when things arent going his way, superb pen too
    Best: 5 - Put the ball on a plate in the first half for Magennis i think it was? Hopefully more to come
    Magennis: 3 - Christ he is useless
    Dijksteel: 7 - a much better RB than Konsa

Special mention to Aribo who i thought looked very good when he came on, and credit to KAG for being in the right place at the right time (unlike Magennis who is never where he should be)
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Amos: 7 - no chance for goals, couple of good saves, one shot he could have held but cost us nothing... shepherded their striker very well 1-on-1 to keep it 2-0 and ultimately earn us a point.
    Konsa: 4.5 - so so poor first half; just all round general defending, moving the ball slowly and making mistakes. Was better in the second when they sat off him a bit
    Bauer: 5.5 - not that bad, but have grown to like to the 'ball-playing' centre back style. His long balls rarely found anyone and he was a bit sluggish
    Sarr: 6.5 had a very good game except for when he started diving in later on in the second half
    DaSilva: 7 (MoM) - defended well and always an option for Holmes to come back to or on an overlap
    Kashi: 5.5 - not his best today but did his job. We were wide and they were narrow - gave him a lot of ground to cover and pressure on the ball
    Marshall: 4 - didn't work for him tonight at all
    Forster-Caskey: 6.5 - won the penalty and looked the best on the ball in our midfield
    Holmes: 6 - sussed out a bit and doubled-up on, but saw a huge amount of the ball and won about 40 corners. None of his crosses hit their mark
    Best: 5 - understandably not up to speed, saw some potential but he was largely anonymous
    Magennis: 5.5 - very quiet first half but I'm putting it down to service, second he was making runs and winning contested headers
    Dijksteel: 7 - looked very comfortable and athletic, very much had the beating of their tired forwards late on

Aribo: n/a
    Ahearne-Grant: n/a (delighted for him to grab the equaliser)
  • Options

Amos: 6
    Bauer: 4
    Kashi: 5
    Holmes: 7 please pass the ball and practice taking corners
    Magennis: 4

Aribo: n/a looked good when he came on, should be given a start
    Ahearne-Grant: n/a

• Options
    Amos: 7 couple of good saves.
    Konsa: 4.5 pretty obvious he's not a full back. but even in his preferred position he struggled making errors that arnt like him.
    Sarr: 5.5 better of the defenders but still made some basic errors. nice head down for the goal. going to ground to quickly at times, being turned and missing headers.
    DaSilva 6.5 worked well with ricky. when crossing he needs to be further down the wing. couple of defensive problems, mainly because he would be caught out of position, but I don't blame him as we needed somebody pushing up.
    Kashi: 4.5 gave the ball away a lot. needs a rest but we haven't got anyone apart from possibly aribo to take his place.
    Marshall: 5 hardly had the ball on his wing so apart from a shot and a run he didn't do much.
    Forster-Caskey: 6 did the same as all the players were doing, pass it to ricky. no threat going forward. having to deal with kashis mistakes.
    Holmes: 7 well really he had a poor game. kept onto the ball for too long and they had 3 players on him. he was our only outlet. it was the pass it to ricky show and see what he can do. maybe they know he will run all game and they were all feeling a bit tired after the trip to Scunthorpe so just thought ahh let ricky do it. him and dasilver work very well together but until the penalty it wasn't really causing Peterborough a huge amount of trouble as they knew they could just keep several players down there to mark him knowing they wont be needed anywhere else as no other Charlton player fancied a go.
    Best: 4.5 don't really know why he started.
    Magennis: 5.5
    Dijksteel: 6 seen him a few times now. each time he impresses me. still raw but hopefully he'll get there.
  • Options
    Konsa: 6.5
    Bauer: 5.5
    Sarr: 6.5
    DaSilva: 6.5
    Forster-Caskey: 7
    Holmes: 7.5
    Magennis: 6.5
  • Options

Leuth said:

If JDS' shot in the 95th minute had flown in, I think I'd have given my first ever mark of 11

are you seriously this thick, you comment every week to deliberately piss people off which is working, then lol my marks thought we had left the playground for an educated individual that you portray your a bit of a twat.
    Um...it was obviously light-hearted? This is weird and thin-skinned stuff from you here
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Um...it was obviously light-hearted? This is weird and thin-skinned stuff from you here
    not really weird mate every thread you have to have your little one liners, not just you you appear to have some sort of following.
  • Options
    DaSilva: 6
    Magennis: 6
  • Options
    Amos: 6.5 Very good one on one save at 0-0.
    Konsa: 5.5 Felt he struggled at RB but improved a little when he moved back to CB.
    Bauer: 5 Shame to see him injured again so soon. Howler led to the one-on-one and looked a bit jittery.
    Sarr: 7.5 If his judgement improves with experience he could go on to play at a significantly higher level with his physical attributes.
    DaSilva: 8 Such a big heart, and no shortage of skill. If Holmes had made better use of his constant overlapping in the first half we might have scoredc earlier than the 90th. minute.
    Kashi: 5 I've said it before but he really does appear to struggle with the Tuesday games.
    Marshall: 6 Struggled to make an impression this time but never stopped trying.
    Forster-Caskey: 7 Not at his best but seldom dips below a 7 these days.
    Holmes: 5.5 Some dreadful delivery and decision-making but still our major threat for most of the game and a good pen.
    Best: 5 Don't wish to judge him too soon but I honestly couldn't fathom what his role was, albeit with barely any service.
    Magennis: 5.5 Quiet one for Josh but when we finally switched to the longer diagonals he won a couple and one led to the equaliser.
    Dijksteel: 8 Far more comfortable at RB than Konsa and far too quick and strong for his (tiring) opponent. Played a part in turning it round.
  • Options
    Amos: 6 - No real chance with the goals
    Konsa: 4.5 - Capable of much better
    Bauer: 5 - Not his best
    Sarr: 6.5 - Thought he did Ok
    DaSilva: 8 - MOM - continues to impress
    Kashi: 4 - Poor
    Marshall: 5.5 _ Still waiting to see what he's capable of.
    Forster-Caskey: 6.5 OK
    Holmes: 6.5 Always involved but crossing still an issue
    Best: 5 - Didnt show much but early days
    Magennis: 6 Quietish game
    Dijksteel: 7 - Showed promise
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amos: 6.5 - a good save early on, followed by a bizarre one which bounced off his chest. Pretty solid, though
    Konsa: 5.5 - struggled at right back and left Marriott completely free at the near post for their second goal. A claasy, athletic player but still too casual at times
    Bauer: 5 - combined with Naby to nearly gift them a goal at the start and his distribution was very poor. An uncharacteristic performance from the BFG, who has been very solid this season. Maybe he was carrying the previous injury
    Sarr: 5.5 - some very deft, skilful and entertaining play at times but he has a tendency to over-commit himself and can struggle against quick forwards.
    DaSilva: 7.5 - an excellent little player, with great speed and trickery. He was the only player on the night who managed to put a couple of decent crosses into the box. Caught out by the ball inside him for the second goal but we were stretched and their midfielder had all the time in the world to make a precision pass
    Kashi: 4 - really poor on the night
    Marshall: 5 - failed to influence the game but he is being overplayed because of the paucity of our squad and the injury to Fosu
    Forster-Caskey: 6.5 - a solid and conscientious performance and an important one, given Kashi's ineptitude. His clearance off the line near the end looked irrelevant at the time but ended up helping us to scrape an undeserved point
    Holmes: 7 - perpetual motion and, as ever, huge commitment but his crossing was generally woeful. Didn't get much protection from the ref
    Best: 4 - couldn't get in the game but it's far to early to write the bloke off. A year out of competitive football is a hell of a long time
    Magennis: 5 - ineffectual, although the service to the front players was hopeless
    Dijksteel: 7.5 - a fine league debut. He does have attacking abilities but, given how shaky we were at the back, I suspect he was told not to venture too far forward. I see him as the long term successor to Kashi in central midfield
  • Options
    Amos: 6 - Did nothing wrong.
    Konsa: 5 - Anonymouse
    Bauer: 5 - Not his best - seemed to be carrying injury
    Sarr: 7 - Didnt really see his cock-ups and was solid and instrumental in the last goal
    DaSilva: 7.5 - Good player - bit lightweight though
    Kashi: 4 - Piss poor - a liability at the moment.
    Marshall: 5 _ The Jury's getting close to a decision..
    Forster-Caskey: 6.5 did alright - seemed a bit over run all the time
    Holmes: 7.5 Played well, our only outlet and threat, but still his crosses leave something and his corners need a bit of practice !
    Best: 3 - Hmmm, had to check he was still on the pitch.
    Magennis: 3 Poor,poor and poor, no movement, no skill, no fight, and no goals. Like Best, did wonder if he'd been subbed in the second half
    Dijksteel: 7 - Good player - will be a regular before the Jan Transfer window so they can cash in.
  • Options
    Konsa: 3 - Too casual on the ball. Poor decision making again, cash in on him quick!
    Bauer: 4.5
    Sarr: 6 -Not the best tonight, Tries so hard though.
    Kashi: 3 - weak passes, NEGATIVE
    Marshall: 4.5 - Marked out of it.
    Forster-Caskey: 4.5 Good block
    Holmes: 6.5 - Run his socks off
    Best: 4.5 Lost
    Magennis: 4.5 Not his best
    Dijksteel: 8 MOM -MUCH BETTER THAN KONSA.
  • Options
    Amos: 6.5 - did so well to save the one on one. Solid performer

Konsa: 5.5 - struggled at RB, looked uncomfortable but better when moved inside

Bauer: 4.5 - Badly off his game. Huge mistake to let their player in for a one on one.

Sarr: 6.0 - Decent enough game, set up the equaliser

DaSilva: 6.5 - made good runs into attacking thirds, linked well with Holmes

Kashi: 5.0 - Didn't really add anything to the midfield. Rightly subbed.

Marshall: 5.5 - Struggling to make an impact at present and for large parts last night wasn't involved in play

Forster-Caskey: 5.5 - Struggled to make his usual impact but was busy enough - won penalty

Holmes: 6.5 - tried, tried and tried again. Never stopped running and trying. Scored the penalty and his cross was knocked down for the second

Best: 4.5 - first half had a great chance to score for passed to Josh instead. Didn't look 100% fit to me. No real impact.

Magennis: 4.5 - Great chance to score in the first half, saved. Put himself about as per usual but not effective

Dijksteel: 7.0 - Looks a much more natural replace at RB than Konsa. Pacey and strong. Gave the back 4 more balance.
  • Options
    Amos: 7 Crucial save early on from the 1on1. Badly let down by his defence for both goals particularly the first

Konsa: 6 Not a right back. Made mistakes but also showed the odd glimpse of ability. Stuck to his task.

Bauer: 6.5 Never exposed really but looked out of sorts. Hope the injury wasn't too bad.

Sarr: 7 A conundrum. I could mark Naby anything from 5 to 8 and put forward an argument to justify it. Some defensive mistakes but also some lovely passes and a crucial assist lift him above my par of 6 to 7.

DaSilva: 6.5 Linked well with Holmes so gets an extra half despite not being at his best defensively like the rest of them.

Kashi: 5 Very poor. Offered nothing going forward and left the back 4 exposed much of the time as Peterborough dominated midfield.

Marshall: 6 Tried without too much impact other than one shot.

Forster-Caskey: 6.5 As Kashi much of the time but did make two crucial interventions at either end. Hence the higher mark.

Holmes: 7.5 Even when not at his best he never hides or gives up and nobody else was having that penalty. Love him (in a manly backslapping way of course). MOM

Best: 6 Largely anonymous but no service. Tried.

Magennis: 6.5 Not vintage Josh but put himself about a bit more than Best hence the extra 0.5

Dijksteel: 6.5 Liked my first sight of him. Pace and physical presence. Appeared more suited to right back than Konsa.
  • Options
    Konsa: 6
    Marshall: 5.5
    Forster-Caskey:6
    Holmes:6
    Best:5.5
  • Options
    Amos: 6.5
    Sarr: 5.5
    Kashi: 6
    Best: 5.5
  • Options
    Amos: 7.5
    Konsa: 5 poor by his standards.
    Sarr: 6.5
    DaSilva: 6.5
    Forster-Caskey: 7.5 clearance of the line and bought down for the penalty. MOM
    Holmes: 7 works hard but very little end product at the moment.

I have mentally carried over an 8 for KAG for changing the game and scoring a good strikers goal!

• Options
    Amos: 7.5
    Bauer: 6
    Sarr: 7.5
    DaSilva: 7.5
    Forster-Caskey: 7
    Holmes: 6.5
  • Options
    Sarr: 6 Extra point for the assist
    Forster-Caskey: 6 Extra point for the goal line clearance and drawing a penalty
    Best: 6