Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southend away on Boxing Day (pay on day available)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017
    I am the opposite, its rare i dont go on boxing day. I go with stepdad and brother/sister etc. he then drops me off to my nans where i see my dads side of the family after. Part of the day, i think they are all more suprised if i haven't got football :)
  • Options

never done football on boxing day, always see family.

Snap, it very much depends on people's personal situations, relationships etc. Early ko home games always do, but not aways
    Yep i have never done boxing day games before due to family and travel and only because its at Roots Hall am i able to fit it in otherwise even if it was at home I would not be going.
    Better than a home game for us Tony. Seven of my mob going!
  • Options

I am the opposite, its rare i dont go on boxing day. I go with stepdad and brother/sister etc. he then drops me off to my nans where i see my dads side of the family after. Part of the day, i think they are all more suprised if i haven't got football :)

Same. Love Boxing Day football.

I'm off to Roots Hall on Boxing Day. Couple of years back I think we were at Yeovil so I went to Welling v Dartford, not quite the same, but enjoyed my Boxing Day football fix.
  • Options
    Home games and local away games are a given for me every Boxing Day. Need to get out of the house...

Didn't do Milton Keynes or Yeovil in more recent years but did do Norwich a few years back.

• Options
    my boxing day set up is watching the scores come in, and the king george all of us go down the bookies in the morning put some bets on have a couple of pints in the local then home for a xmas dinner, dads side of the family so in essence i have 2 xmas day's
  • Options
    Only done Boxing Day once. Wimbledon away when we took about 9k.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I went last year as you could do it on the train and get home in time for New Year's Eve

Just an update from the Southend end of things.

You will be given 2k. All clubs get an initial 1k which is upped to 2k when sold.

We have now started selling the over spill into the northwest corner. This means there will be no opportunity to offer anymore. Not that we would tbh. Should be around 10k in attendance.

Always liked charlton and our games against you. There is real unrest at roots hall this year. We are not performing anywhere to the potential of our squad. We are very poor away from home and average at home. We have Scunthorpe away Saturday and I can see us getting thumped tbh. We then play you and I envisage a charlton win. We follow that up with a game against Shrewsbury at home.

Anything less than 4 points and Brown has to go. Personally I can see us getting nil points.

Best of luck for the season

Bit harsh, only 7 points behind us (having played 1 game more), you can easily have another run towards the playoffs
  • Options
    edited December 2017

You will be given 2k. All clubs get an initial 1k which is upped to 2k when sold.

We have now started selling the over spill into the northwest corner. This means there will be no opportunity to offer anymore. Not that we would tbh. Should be around 10k in attendance.

Always liked charlton and our games against you. There is real unrest at roots hall this year. We are not performing anywhere to the potential of our squad. We are very poor away from home and average at home. We have Scunthorpe away Saturday and I can see us getting thumped tbh. We then play you and I envisage a charlton win. We follow that up with a game against Shrewsbury at home.

Anything less than 4 points and Brown has to go. Personally I can see us getting nil points.

With the Blue Boar shut where are away fans tending to drink? Does the Spread Eagle have away fans in?
  • Options

With the Blue Boar shut where are away fans tending to drink? Does the Spread Eagle have away fans in?
    Down the Wetherspoons - just jump in an Uber 20 mins before the game.
  • Options

I’m usually claiming the walls by the end of Christmas Day. Having to spend time with family you don’t like (wife, parents and children) - Boxing Day football is massive relief.
    "my house, my walls"
  • Options

Would be going back on myself a bit doing that.
  • Options
    I wasn't aware that the blue boar had shut tbh.

I doubt the spread will let anyone in with away colours but you should be alright without them.

Other than that there is the plough in westcliff which is a dive but spacious and only about 10 mins from the ground.

We may be only 7 points off of the Play offs but we have been hammered away from home almost every week. Even bristol Rovers put a few past us. In about 6 games we have failed to register a single shot on target which is just criminal.

When you think we have turner ferdinand kightly fortune cox ranger who have all played premier league we should be doing better. I think our strikers have scored like 6 goals between the 4 of them.

Our best player is Ryan Leonard and he is about to be sold to Sheffield United for around 800k

Our football this year has been so dire to watch. It shows the lack of quality in the league that we even have a chance of being amongst it.

I think Phil Brown saying Sunderland hull and almost any other job would be a dream move for him has left him alienated from the fans.

IF he can make it to the January window and offload and few and bring some in then you never know.

But this is the least enjoyable season for us for years.

• Options

I doubt the spread will let anyone in with away colours but you should be alright without them.

Other than that there is the plough in westcliff which is a dive but spacious and only about 10 mins from the ground.

We may be only 7 points off of the Play offs but we have been hammered away from home almost every week. Even bristol Rovers put a few past us. In about 6 games we have failed to register a single shot on target which is just criminal.

When you think we have turner ferdinand kightly fortune cox ranger who have all played premier league we should be doing better. I think our strikers have scored like 6 goals between the 4 of them.

Our best player is Ryan Leonard and he is about to be sold to Sheffield United for around 800k

Our football this year has been so dire to watch. It shows the lack of quality in the league that we even have a chance of being amongst it.

I think Phil Brown saying Sunderland hull and almost any other job would be a dream move for him has left him alienated from the fans.

IF he can make it to the January window and offload and few and bring some in then you never know.

I have heard rumours there is a ready made replacement if Brown goes!
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

SCP by any chance?
  • Options

I live local to the Plough not to bad i suppose lol.

Blue Boar has been shut since summer so unless re-opened and i have not noticed.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

SCP by any chance?
    No, someone already managing, but it would mean a step down for him. The owner is very keen apparently!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

SCP by any chance?
    No, someone already managing, but it would mean a step down for him. The owner is very keen apparently!
    Can we pray that its Gobby..........
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

SCP by any chance?
    I would have thought Powell would be a popular choice, very popular ex player, track record of promotion from L1...
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

SCP by any chance?
    Any chance of a PM AL? I've heard a few things too but wondered if it was the same name tbh.
  • Options

You dislike Boxing Day football that much?!!!!
  • Options

Would be going back on myself a bit doing that.
    Very inconvenient given the travelling you have to do that day.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

SCP by any chance?
    It can't be Robinson then.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

SCP by any chance?
    Just say it then
  • Options

Don't worry. Simon always scores against us.
    Our only hope is if you have your cox out.
  • Options
    I set my stall our years ago regarding boxing day football. My wife would have us sat round her mum's house which is beyond boring. They will all sit with the tv on but the sound down, they won't talk to me unless I am seen to be watching the tv then I'll be asked some menial bullshit like "how come you are not at the football" to which I'll reply "fucking wish I was". God forbid me or the old boy fall asleep or start talking to each other, even worse if we get involved in the conversation taking place. Then she wonders why I care not to sit in a very uncomfortable front room listening to her, her disgusting sisters and their mother put the world to rights and generally have a moan up. I like her mum but spending time round her house does my fucking brain in

I'll always do My best to do the away game on boxing day, I see enough of my family the rest if the year to not justify the 'spending time with family' line.
  • Options
    I am pretty sure the Blue Boar is open again.