Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

First job

2»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Heyyy - a world champion and a charlton fan - nice one.

Any other ex or current world champions who are charlton?

Steve Davis

who was born in St NIcks hospital in Plumstead I believe (same as me)

and me!
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    Andy Thompson is a Charlton fan.

Yep, we've had a few conversations about CAFC, he lives in Eltham and is an ex world number 1!

Years ago (and I mean years ago!) I met him via Martyn Sekjer who used to play Bowls at Thames Poly and he and Andy won the World Pairs Championship.
  • Back in 85 £50 take home a week warehouse Asst in the West End for a company supplying Screen printing and silk paint gear also the fur trade which im glad they stopped and went onto Silks & Cottons
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]LAWN BOWLING !!!!!!

It's not as much of an old man's sport as most people think.

Bare foot bowling is big in Australia, a load of mangled up p*ss heads on a sunday morning all hanging round bowling having a barbie and drinking..
  • I was a young postman ( telegram boy ) in 1968. Now run a kennels and cattery in Gloucestershire.
  • edited June 2007
    My first job is the shittiest of them all.

I was a Saturday boy ina fishmongers in nunhead for a few months.

hated it - it was bastard horrible work for a 14 year old (shelling crabs, pulling frozen fish out of freezers - fish are really fucking spiky when frozen and killing live eels by smashing their heads against a lump of marble then smashing them over the shwede with a mallet) and I used to come home reeking so bad that my mum made me stand in the kitchen and ghet undressed & put my clothes straight in the washing machine.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]My first job is the shittiest of them all.

I was a Saturday boy ina fishmongers in nunhead for a few months.

Fucking hated it - it was bastard horrible work for a 14 year old (shelling crabs, pulling frozen fish out of freezers - fish are really fucking spiky when frozen and killing live eels by smashing their heads against a lump of marble then smashing them over the shwede with a mallet) and I used to come home reeking so bad that my mum made me stand in the kitchen and ghet undressed & put my clothes straight in the washing machine.

No wonder Mark Fish and Mike salmon are your favourite players:-)
  • After working on my Uncles book stall in Greenwich Market and then my saturday job at Sainsbury's Chislehurst, my first PROPER job was with Barclays Bank. Started at Greenwich (East) Branch 20-35-11, on the corner of Trafalgar Road and Blackwall Lane. Took home £204 for my first months salary!
    This was 1983 and the other three corners of that crossroads consisted of GDH, Granada Bingo and The Ship & Billett pub, only the pub remains to this day and it's got a silly name now.
  • edited June 2007
    14 years on, i'm still in the same division i started in....

my nickname should be Rochdale
  • YTS British Ropes,but have worked since 11
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]YTS British Ropes,but have worked since 11[/quote]

and its only 11.05 now
  • used to work in a mock auction on oxford street until it got closed down by roger cook & the police!
    first proper job was at sainsburys in crayford while i was at college
  • When at school I was a Saturday boy at Littlewoods in Bromley. Brilliant, I absolutely loved it there. I only left when I had to go to University. Happy Days.