Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sky/BT to lose PL coverage to Amazon/Facebook/Twitter??

Comments

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Carter said:
    PopIcon said:
    Do Premier League teams not have their own streaming solution already? Like CAFCPlayer or iFollow?
    Nah, if you live abroad you can stream all the games anyway or watch them on legit TV

If you live in the UK you get a VPN that pings your location as somewhere like Sweden and you watch online here for free 

So if you've bought a season ticket there is no way to watch it in the UK legally?
    Correct.
  • Options
    14.99 doesn't sound too bad when you pay £10 to watch us play Brighton U23s. Both are a piss take though tbh. 
  • Options
    Given that the best games of the week will be picked by Sky/BT and those games will usually involve most of the 'big 6' and for this season Everton and Leeds, it just seems like it's going to cost fans who follow the likes of Burnley, Fulham, Sheff Utd, WBA a lot more money.
  • Options
    Football prices are crazy right now. Here in the UAE i subscribe to Bein sports for less than £100 a year, and it shows all premier league games, CL and Europa, plus many top games from other leagues, plus obviously shows other sports too.

If you have a VPN, i'd thoroughly recommend subscribing to Bein Connect - https://intervpn.com/get-bein-sports-uk/

• Options
    Given that the best games of the week will be picked by Sky/BT and those games will usually involve most of the 'big 6' and for this season Everton and Leeds, it just seems like it's going to cost fans who follow the likes of Burnley, Fulham, Sheff Utd, WBA a lot more money.
    I'm sure it won't be long before they test the waters on Man United fans.
  • Options
    I'm sure it won't be long before they test the waters on Man United fans.
    I think Newcastle vs Man Utd is the first PPV game 
  • Options
    It’s not like fans are forced to pay this money. I have not watched a single Charlton game since last season was suspended. 
  • Options
    So much for competition making watching football cheaper!
  • Options
    Football prices are crazy right now. Here in the UAE i subscribe to Bein sports for less than £100 a year, and it shows all premier league games, CL and Europa, plus many top games from other leagues, plus obviously shows other sports too.

If you have a VPN, i'd thoroughly recommend subscribing to Bein Connect - https://intervpn.com/get-bein-sports-uk/

The only problem with that is, you have to suffer Richard Keys.
  • Options

Cheers for this... Might sign up to this rather than experimenting with an IP Provider
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Premier League are set to scrap the PPV games after this weekend. Fixtures will be shown as part of the sky/bt package as they were at the end of last season.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Premier League are set to scrap the PPV games after this weekend. Fixtures will be shown as part of the sky/bt package as they were at the end of last season.
    Ah cool, I guess there will be a similar media fuss about Football League fans having to pay for games next then? - Got no issue with paying for Charlton games myself, but think if EFL teams do then so should Premier League fans
  • Options
    Ah cool, I guess there will be a similar media fuss about Football League fans having to pay for games next then? - Got no issue with paying for Charlton games myself, but think if EFL teams do then so should Premier League fans
    i disagree completely here mate, We pay as a household for :smile:
    BT/ Skysports/ Prime whatever basically, which is quite excessive as it is. It really has annoyed me that when they advertised these late games/ Friday nights/ Saturday it was part of the sky package a big bonus/appeal. Since then they have moved alot that would have been televised onto both BT Sport PPV and Sky Sports PPV. False advertising for starters, granted we EFL clubs have to put up with paying per game but it is what it is. 

Championship games get the luxury of mid week games on the red button which is good. 

One of my main pet peeves is looking at a friday night game / Saturday night premier league and oh its PPV. It does seem pointless when you pay enough across the border you should get all the premier league games. Another reason i am probably going to get a firestick/IPTV thing when i move soon, we all get ripped off. 

As a side issue i do buy games for Charlton, not every game but every so often, again this adds up when doing it regular (yes i dont have a season ticket) 
  • Options
    i disagree completely here mate, We pay as a household for :smile:
    BT/ Skysports/ Prime whatever basically, which is quite excessive as it is. It really has annoyed me that when they advertised these late games/ Friday nights/ Saturday it was part of the sky package a big bonus/appeal. Since then they have moved alot that would have been televised onto both BT Sport PPV and Sky Sports PPV. False advertising for starters, granted we EFL clubs have to put up with paying per game but it is what it is. 

Championship games get the luxury of mid week games on the red button which is good. 

One of my main pet peeves is looking at a friday night game / Saturday night premier league and oh its PPV. It does seem pointless when you pay enough across the border you should get all the premier league games. Another reason i am probably going to get a firestick/IPTV thing when i move soon, we all get ripped off. 

As a side issue i do buy games for Charlton, not every game but every so often, again this adds up when doing it regular (yes i dont have a season ticket) 
    They haven't tho.

All games that were originally scheduled to be televised are still televised on these channels,.the PPV games were games that had it not been for covid wouldn't have been televised and fans wpuld have been at, so what @ForeverAddickted is saying is we have to pay for these game so why shouldn't they, there was a massive uproar about the PPV games but we have been paying for IFollow all season and no one has blinked an eye lid
  • Options
    But you don't pay a 40-50+ quid a month subscription and then have to pay extra to watch Charlton games do you?

If all premier league games were a standard tenner and there were no other costs then probably no one would complain. But when fans of PL teams pay for Sky/BT/Amazon etc, and then to have to fork out an extra 14.95 just for 1 game is taking the piss. 
    Well no fan pays £40 - £50+ for all their games on on TV do they, they know beforehand they're getting a completely random selection of games on TV, unless your a fan of the top six (as we saw with Charlton in the Premier League) there is absolutely zero guarantee that your game will be selected for coverage each week

Its the same as when we were in the Championship as you get a good amount of those games as part of a package but we still had to pay £10 in Project Restart for eight games, whilst some other fans got to pay less... On the other hand during Project Restart; Premier League fans got everything for free.

Of course EFL teams cant afford to let their fans watch games for free, nor do I think that ALL Premier League games should be free, whilst at the same I consider £14.95 a bit of a rip off
  • Options
    I don't know why people are complaining about Sky/BT charging extra to watch PPV games. The Premier league set the price and Sky/BT is just the platform they're shown on. 
    I don't know if Sky/BT get any of the money but they certainly don't get it all.
  • Options
    I don't know why people are complaining about Sky/BT charging extra to watch PPV games. The Premier league set the price and Sky/BT is just the platform they're shown on. 
    I don't know if Sky/BT get any of the money but they certainly don't get it all.
    Sky/BT will not be doing anything for free 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Sky/BT will not be doing anything for free 
    As they're a business why should they.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hold on, so people are moaning that they are seeing all the games they would have seen with their subscriptions but are angry they need to pay extra to watch others games that they have not actually previously paid to watch. 
  • Options
    BT and Sky buy the rights from the PL for big bucks and recoup their money from the TV subscriptions including PPV.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    hold on, so people are moaning that they are seeing all the games they would have seen with their subscriptions but are angry they need to pay extra to watch others games that they have not actually previously paid to watch. 
    Yes this is exactly it 

I get £14.99 was expensive but Championship and below have been paying £10 all season and no ine cared but as soon as premier league clubs had tk start paying £14.99 it was a massive issue lol
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    True. Put like that it seems ridiculous, but its just an extra scheme to make money for Sky/BT, when initially it was advertised due to the current climate they will bring every game, more games. 

I still think its crazy when one of the lesser games, which clearly noone but the fans of those teams will actually pay to watch. Although if you have IPTV/Firestick people are getting for no extra cost...

Its still going to be annoying, but a fair point by Paulie/Yourself.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    BT and Sky buy the rights from the PL for big bucks and recoup their money from the TV subscriptions including PPV.
    Are you sure?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-live-tv-sky-sports-box-office-pay-per-view-fixtures-ppv-b910956.html
    9 Oct 2020 ... Sky and BT Sport will host games on their box office channels costing ... All profits will go to Premier League clubs and not the broadcasters.

• Options
    EFL will probably change our fee to £20 per game. 
    The club would still get £10 but the extra fee would go to the clubs who need help ... like Chef Wendy (who just need help cooking the books).
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Yes this is exactly it 

I get £14.99 was expensive but Championship and below have been paying £10 all season and no ine cared but as soon as premier league clubs had tk start paying £14.99 it was a massive issue lol
    Because I pay over £70 a month for my sky and Sky Sports and I shouldn’t be expected to pay more for Premier League games . 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Yes this is exactly it 

Because I pay over £70 a month for my sky and Sky Sports and I shouldn’t be expected to pay more for Premier League games . 
    Dont buy the games then, you knew what you were getting before you signed up.
    Sky advertise exactly how many matches the play per season.

Maybe I have missed your point.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    PopIcon said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Yes this is exactly it 

Dont buy the games then, you knew what you were getting before you signed up.
    Sky advertise exactly how many matches the play per season.

Maybe I have missed your point.
    You're right. 

You've missed my point. 

I don't want the premium games put on Pay Per View when those games would have been ordinarily available with my SKY subscription. 

If you think that won't happen ( and it already started to last month) then you are naive.

It's not about how many games i knew sky would show , it's about which games they would show.