Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So what are you going to do?

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:

Greenie said:

shine166 said:

Continue to not attend and also care less and less as weeks and months pass.

Absolutely this....!
    I barely even bother with the match thread anymore, just check the 'things that annoy you thread' and occasionally hope someone has started a 'would ya'

There I am, every match day, tapping away all the information I can get to create interest, and you don't bother. All I am trying to do is make you and others happy. Realisation of wasting my time, because nobody cares, sniff,,,sniff,,,sniff. Oh well, it is Christmas, so I have got to look forward to something. :wink:
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

I understand why some people are boycotting but I still go to support the team NOT the regime and will continue to do so through thick and thin .

This is not a criticism but surely every time you go, you are supporting the regime?
    In what sense? An endorsement of the regime's actions, or supporting them financially?

Most fans last season still going were still vocal in wanting them out and I'm sure would be the same this season if protests at the ground started up again.

Personally I just want to get behind the team as I believe promotion to The Championship is the only way RD will sell even with a completely empty stadium he doesn't attend games to notice the empty seats and feel the embarrassment while the lost ticket revenue is just small change to RD.

If it's true his wealth has grown significantly as suggested then even more so the case he could easily cover the losses made on us being outweighed by the money made elsewhere in his empire meaning he'll just hold tight until an offer he deems acceptable comes in which will probably only happen with us in The Championship.

I don't know what the answer is either but keeping up the pressure in Belgium where he can see and feel the embarrassment first hand has clearly had an effect from previous visits.
    One question, do you believe if we filled the Valley every home game but protested, he would sell the club?
    No. But filling The Valley and getting behind the team would certainly make the atmosphere a lot better and make it more difficult for opposing teams to win.
  • Options
    He'll sell because he wants out but not soon because his current price expectation is unrealistic.

I will continue to boycott and resolve not to weaken as I have done 5 times in the last 2 seasons.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

I understand why some people are boycotting but I still go to support the team NOT the regime and will continue to do so through thick and thin .

This is not a criticism but surely every time you go, you are supporting the regime?
    In what sense? An endorsement of the regime's actions, or supporting them financially?

Most fans last season still going were still vocal in wanting them out and I'm sure would be the same this season if protests at the ground started up again.

Personally I just want to get behind the team as I believe promotion to The Championship is the only way RD will sell even with a completely empty stadium he doesn't attend games to notice the empty seats and feel the embarrassment while the lost ticket revenue is just small change to RD.

If it's true his wealth has grown significantly as suggested then even more so the case he could easily cover the losses made on us being outweighed by the money made elsewhere in his empire meaning he'll just hold tight until an offer he deems acceptable comes in which will probably only happen with us in The Championship.

I don't know what the answer is either but keeping up the pressure in Belgium where he can see and feel the embarrassment first hand has clearly had an effect from previous visits.
    One question, do you believe if we filled the Valley every home game but protested, he would sell the club?
    Will he sell if there is a total boycott?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I’ve used up all my holiday leave, but I’d deffo buy a ‘ only way is Belgium T shirt ‘ instead, if it helped raise some cash for a Christmas CARD for Roland.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

T_C_E said:

Personally I have no idea, but he's beaten me. I'm Charlton follower now rather than a supporter, I'm not nieve enough to believe my absence bothers him in the slightest. But I won't finance it either, people will do what they feel is right it's not for me to criticise those that go and as for people's opinion of my decision not to attend, that's up to them. If he doesn't go, I'll be at SL for the Upbeats walk (if I can get past security ;) ) and as for the last 2 years I'll walk away after it.
  • Options

T_C_E said:

No. But filling The Valley and getting behind the team would certainly make the atmosphere a lot better and make it more difficult for opposing teams to win.
    Filling the Valley every week would make Charlton a more news-worthy club and a more attractive one to buy rather than a poorly supported one that hardly gets a mention these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

What I don't understand is why some people believe that Roly will only sell only if we're in the Championship.

As I see it, he'll sell when the price is right. At the moment he may decide to stay put whilst he lets it sink in, but eventually the reality that the longer he stays the more he'll lose will dawn on him. Not sure what relevance our divisional status has on that.

I agree with you in that he'll sell when the price is right which will be regardless of division to RD. I just feel the odds of getting an offer to that of RD's valuation increases when you're closer to hitting the jackpot of the Premier League riches which being in the Championship of course you're a lot closer to than in League One.
  • Options

I go to support the team as I have done since 1950 and if it means aiding the regime with my season ticket money;so be it. I do not consider it as supporting the regime and want Roland and his cohorts out as much as anyone else.
    1950! How many fans on CL can beat that!?
  • Options

I’ll continue not going but I do still care, it’s my club, it’s our club!

Don’t kid yourself, it isn’t your club if you don’t go along and support the team. At a wild guess you probably don’t also go along to Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd etc and wouldn’t claim to support them and if you are like me would have no respect for anybody that claimed to be a fan of those clubs who didn’t go to their matches - so what’s the difference if you no longer go to Charlton’s matches ?
    What a load of fucking shit.
    Don't mince your words Elfs.
    But as it happens, I agree with you wholeheartedly.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

T_C_E said:

What do you mean by total boycott?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Stig said:

What I don't understand is why some people believe that Roly will only sell only if we're in the Championship.

As I see it, he'll sell when the price is right. At the moment he may decide to stay put whilst he lets it sink in, but eventually the reality that the longer he stays the more he'll lose will dawn on him. Not sure what relevance our divisional status has on that.

I think hey means that there'll be more bidders if we're in the Championship.
  • Options

In my belief @MartinCAFC both and by that, I’m not saying I’m right, just my personal opinion.

He may not go to matches but he obviously knows what’s going on and therefore if the stadium was empty every home game, impossible I know, it would be a further endorsement that he’s not wanted.
  • Options

Stig said:

I agree with you in that he'll sell when the price is right which will be regardless of division to RD. I just feel the odds of getting an offer to that of RD's valuation increases when you're closer to hitting the jackpot of the Premier League riches which being in the Championship of course you're a lot closer to than in League One.
    If we get promoted, I hope you're right. If not, I hope you are wrong.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I go to support the team as I have done since 1950 and if it means aiding the regime with my season ticket money;so be it. I do not consider it as supporting the regime and want Roland and his cohorts out as much as anyone else.
    @Redmidland 1926 was his first game! ;)
  • Options
    Yes @TCE you are correct the ko for a 7.30 game (my first) was 4 minutes early!! LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

i havnt seen a game at The Valley since the Coventry game where the Burger Boys minders attacked the fan and then MY club attempted and failed to get myself and NLA convicted via trumped up utter bollox (PR led)---- although we won it has killed something in my love for CAFC----50 years,share holder,shithouse Park attendee etc------i won't be back untill the poison of the poodles have gone.

if ANYONE can get a message to the possible new owners tell them that we could get an immediate increase of 4,000 half season ticket holders with the knowledge of how to ACTUALLLY get to target 20,000 and bring back real valuable sponsors. It just might give them the nudge that is needed----even the possibility of a new share launch ?

Might have been posted on here before in the past couple of years but to demonstrate this intent it could be possible for everyone who will return with a season ticket to put say £200 in a fund to be held in escrow and released to buy/ contribute towards a season ticket upon the arrival of new owners.

Would be a signal of intent to new owners if you had £1m - £2m in ticket revenue awaiting release for new mob.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Yes.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Hat doffed.
  • Options

i havnt seen a game at The Valley since the Coventry game where the Burger Boys minders attacked the fan and then MY club attempted and failed to get myself and NLA convicted via trumped up utter bollox (PR led)---- although we won it has killed something in my love for CAFC----50 years,share holder,shithouse Park attendee etc------i won't be back untill the poison of the poodles have gone.

if ANYONE can get a message to the possible new owners tell them that we could get an immediate increase of 4,000 half season ticket holders with the knowledge of how to ACTUALLLY get to target 20,000 and bring back real valuable sponsors. It just might give them the nudge that is needed----even the possibility of a new share launch ?

Might have been posted on here before in the past couple of years but to demonstrate this intent it could be possible for everyone who will return with a season ticket to put say £200 in a fund to be held in escrow and released to buy/ contribute towards a season ticket upon the arrival of new owners.

Would be a signal of intent to new owners if you had £1m - £2m in ticket revenue awaiting release for new mob.
    Might be a good PR stunt if nothing else.
  • Options

Continue going. No-one & nothing is going to stop me "enjoying" my Saturday afternoons & having 1-1 time with Golfie jnr.

And I think that's the thing, too many who do still go and call boycotters things such as you're not proper Charlton etc won't admit. For many going to football is more than supporting a club, it's about the social side, seeing mates or loved ones for a few hours and maybe escaping reality for a bit. No one can tell you not to do that and quite rightly you can tell them to piss off if they do.

That's why I know there won't ever be a full scale boycott and in the same way that I respect those that still go those same people need to respect the reasons for people who refuse to. AFKA is right that we are turning on each other slowly about the right approach. I don't necessarily agree with CARD or the protests all the time but at least it gave a focal point for the anger.
  • Options

Continue with the odd game at welling as I honestly believe there are still a few thousand who would follow Roland all the way to non league. Mind boggling really but that's the situation we have.

This is unfair. There will be a few thousand that continue to follow charlton buying a season ticket and i dare say many of our felow contributets on here will.

This does not mean someone is following Roland. Those that follow Roland well they are in single digits and support Roland more because of personal grudges then a real support for rd or km.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    colthe3rd said:

Continue going. No-one & nothing is going to stop me "enjoying" my Saturday afternoons & having 1-1 time with Golfie jnr.

And I think that's the thing, too many who do still go and call boycotters things such as you're not proper Charlton etc won't admit. For many going to football is more than supporting a club, it's about the social side, seeing mates or loved ones for a few hours and maybe escaping reality for a bit. No one can tell you not to do that and quite rightly you can tell them to piss off if they do.

That's why I know there won't ever be a full scale boycott and in the same way that I respect those that still go those same people need to respect the reasons for people who refuse to. AFKA is right that we are turning on each other slowly about the right approach. I don't necessarily agree with CARD or the protests all the time but at least it gave a focal point for the anger.
    I don think there are many people who are going saying the boycotters are not proper charlton.
    I think the support base is split most whether they go or dont go are understand the others choice.
    I don't think that helps the cause though we need to show more unity.
    Maybe a one game boycott or dont go into the ground for 1st 20 minutes.
    Then another game where everyone attends even those boycotting.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

colthe3rd said:

I don think there are many people who are going saying the boycotters are not proper charlton.
    I think the support base is split most whether they go or dont go are understand the others choice.
    I don't think that helps the cause though we need to show more unity.
    Maybe a one game boycott or dont go into the ground for 1st 20 minutes.
    Then another game where everyone attends even those boycotting.
    The penultimate paragraph did not work well for the Middlesbrough game. Unfortunately.
  • Options

Stig said:

Martin - using that logic you would have expected him to have made an effort to avoid relegation two seasons ago or to have put his hand in his pocket to back his manager to build a promotion winning side in the meantime. He did neither and he isn't going to because he's cut his operating loss in League One and isn't going to risk capital for a promotion bid that only hikes his costs and subsequent losses. I struggle to see why people can't see this - it's not conjecture, it's his track record and matter of fact.

I'll say it again, this post wasn't necessarily about a boycott or not. It was about are you prepared to do anything to send a message to this bloke if he fails, once again, to do the right thing for our club? Not buying a season ticket but going week-to-week doesn't mean you are closing the door or denying yourself. It just means you get the power to give him money when you feel he's earned it. I get the point that season citrates are economical and cheap but, frankly, given how many games most season ticket holders miss because they can choose to at those prices and especially when we are playing poorly, there can't be lots in it. What a nice problem to have if you didn't renew but he invested in the manager and we were blowing sides away to the extent that it cost you more to attend all the home games!