Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Christmas tv

Someone on this forum made a thread about films that were on tv last Christmas & kept it updated daily. I can't remember who it was.

I have a feeling it was @Bedsaddick but I'm not sure?

Anyway, whoever it was, would they be prepared to replicate it for this year as it was very useful?

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Yes that was me but as I said on a previous thread I’m kicking it into touch this year because people can stream and download nearly any movie that want now so it seems pointless.
    Sorry
    Of course if anyone else wants to do it they are more than welcome.
  • Shame, enjoyed that!
  • Shame, enjoyed that!

me too
  • stonemuse said:

Shame, enjoyed that!

me too
    I’m not bothered.
  • Says a lot, the best thing on the box this year was made nearly 50 years back
  • Says a lot, the best thing on the box this year was made nearly 50 years back

I'd demand my licence fee back if I was you. Oh.......

• Can't imagine why anyone would buy the Radio Times when it's all free online. Not that I ever look, most tellies have a built in digital guide anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:

Says a lot, the best thing on the box this year was made nearly 50 years back

Yeah, I get what you mean there mate. The only way of getting out of paying the compulsory tax to own a telly, that goes directly to the BBC whether you wanna watch re-runs of sitcoms from 50 years back or not, is to move abroad. If you want to stay in the UK and own a telly and not watch the BBC, you still gotta cough up, or you'll get one of their "enforcers" banging on your door
  • Yes that was me but as I said on a previous thread I’m kicking it into touch this year because people can stream and download nearly any movie that want now so it seems pointless.
    Sorry
    Of course if anyone else wants to do it they are more than welcome.

Shame, always enjoyed it, you'd always noticed a few classics I'd not realised were on, and I remember enjoying a couple of the recommendations I'd not heard of too.
  • iainment said:

Yeah, I get what you mean there mate. The only way of getting out of paying the compulsory tax to own a telly, that goes directly to the BBC whether you wanna watch re-runs of sitcoms from 50 years back or not, is to move abroad. If you want to stay in the UK and own a telly and not watch the BBC, you still gotta cough up, or you'll get one of their "enforcers" banging on your door
    To be fair, at £140, it is probably the best value entertainment most people pay for in the year.
    Would be better to have the choice though, surely
  • iainment said:

To be fair, at £140, it is probably the best value entertainment most people pay for in the year.
    Would be better to have the choice though, surely
    No.
  • Started my Christmas Eve by watching A Matter of Life and Death. An absolute classic.
  • It wasn't on tv, but I watched The Three Faces of Eve last night. Not expecting to see a better film all Christmas. I defy anyone to name a better performance by a lead actress than Joanne Woodward's. Magnificent.
  • BBC Four 7pm tonight. The Christmas Reassembler. James May puts together a Hornby Flying Scotsman.
  • edited December 2017

BBC Four 7pm tonight. The Christmas Reassembler. James May puts together a Hornby Flying Scotsman.

A must for all Addicks and thanks for the heads up @johnny73 :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• I was reminded of @Bedsaddick annual movie thread yesterday when I saw something from Mark Kermode on the BBC site.

He has suggested his own 'movies of the day' on TV to run through until the new year:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/markkermode/entries/093751f6-84c1-4c4e-83b5-95239a548bb5
  • Snowman, followed by Snowman and Snowdog. Love it.

Fancy seeing the miniaturist on boxing Day. Turns out someone I went to school with is in it
  • Recorded Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and watched it in bed this morning.
  • There was a great Christmas, oops sorry, Winter Festival play on BBC 1 this morning.
  • There was a great Christmas, oops sorry, Winter Festival play on BBC 1 this morning.

Who are you, and what have you done with Big Rob? :grey_question:

I had a great drive round the M25 once

I had a great drive round the M25 once
    That didn't happen either... :lol:
  • edited December 2017
    Just watched Del Boy and rodders become millionaires it’s funnier today than it was back then absolute classic
  • a bit late but a cracking short film / play last night that I saw when I was 15 & loved it ever since. The Signalman by Charles Dickens. If you get a chance to watch it on iplayer its on BBC4.
  • Got my mum over and just watched an old morecombe and wise show.
    Remember enjoying it as a family when it was first aired.
    Surprised at how crap I thought it was some 30 years on.