Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christmas tv

2»

Comments

• Options

Got my mum over and just watched an old morecombe and wise show.
    Remember enjoying it as a family when it was first aired.
    Surprised at how crap I thought it was some 30 years on.

Hope you all had a good one @Robbo on the wing mate
  • Options
    Cheers Rob, and you mate.
    Pretty knackered to be honest.
    My day to multi task. Dinner, fix presents, etc.
    Only managed two red stripes and even squeezed a couple of hours kip in.

Toying with the idea of opening a can now, but can't be asked to get off my arse and get one.

All the best.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00hxpqn

Best thing on TV this Christmas.

Was as good as ever.
  • Options
    Eastenders was grim
  • Options

Eastenders was grim

Saw some trailers for Eastenders and it made me wonder, how comes, when a character returns to a soap, and they're gonna cause some problems, they always walk about with their hood up?
  • Options

iainment said:

Says a lot, the best thing on the box this year was made nearly 50 years back

I'd demand my licence fee back if I was you. Oh.......

Yeah, I get what you mean there mate. The only way of getting out of paying the compulsory tax to own a telly, that goes directly to the BBC whether you wanna watch re-runs of sitcoms from 50 years back or not, is to move abroad. If you want to stay in the UK and own a telly and not watch the BBC, you still gotta cough up, or you'll get one of their "enforcers" banging on your door
    To be fair, at £140, it is probably the best value entertainment most people pay for in the year.
    Would be better to have the choice though, surely
    It's either everyone pays the licence fee or the Beeb goes for an alternative funding source, which would be adverts. I can't remember when but a study was done on the likely outcome of this. It'd be a disaster for everyone else that relies on ad revenue because the Beeb would siphon up most it.
  • Options
    BBC 1, 12:45, Boxing Day. A repeat of Judi Dench's tree documentary?
  • Options
    The ever green Judi Dench
  • Options

iainment said:

Says a lot, the best thing on the box this year was made nearly 50 years back

I'd demand my licence fee back if I was you. Oh.......

Yeah, I get what you mean there mate. The only way of getting out of paying the compulsory tax to own a telly, that goes directly to the BBC whether you wanna watch re-runs of sitcoms from 50 years back or not, is to move abroad. If you want to stay in the UK and own a telly and not watch the BBC, you still gotta cough up, or you'll get one of their "enforcers" banging on your door
    To be fair, at £140, it is probably the best value entertainment most people pay for in the year.
    Would be better to have the choice though, surely
    It's either everyone pays the licence fee or the Beeb goes for an alternative funding source, which would be adverts. I can't remember when but a study was done on the likely outcome of this. It'd be a disaster for everyone else that relies on ad revenue because the Beeb would siphon up most it.
    If that's true and correct, then that's the monster that has been created imo. I'm sure though, that they bring in £ millions (maybe billions?) from other activities and also make the best part of £150m profit each year.

Why do they have so many channels, if they can't make enough new content for them?
  • Options
    Oasis documentary was good.