Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

new striker who you’d like to see in January?

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017
    drewman said:

SDAddick said:

Clayton Donaldson at Sheffield United - although he is in their team at the moment so probably no chance.

4/8 for Sheff United. He's not super prolific throughout his career (1/3ish, not bad), but he would fit that all around forward role really well. But yeah, no chance at that. Even if he was available I can't see him dropping down a level, think there would be Championship interest.

According to Wikipedia he has a son called Hendrix, so everything else aside he'd still be an automatic yes for me.
    Is he Ched Evans' mate?
    Nope nothing to do with that night

Clayton McDonald is the one your thinking of
  • Options
    Might’ve been on here but I saw/heard that we’ve already signed a striker from a northern club, could be Moore, Doyle, Hanson etc. not sure if it was reliable.
  • Options
    Nightmare that Best was injured, as he was looking half decent - how can they assess whether he’s worth keeping after just a couple of games. I suspect they’ll extend his contract until the end of the season, but I’m not optimistic about signing any other striker.
    A midfield enforcer would be on my shopping list if I was manager.
  • Options
    We ain’t signed Doyle
  • Options

Eoin Doyle.

And does he?
  • Options
    Darren Bent is 8/1 to join us in January. We are third favourites. Fits the bill of being injury prone, just not the cheap bit that roland likes.
  • Options
    Don't come back Darren and spoil the memories we have of you.
  • Options
    Id back Bent to score more goals than Best....definitely know who Id prefer to spend my wage budget on out of those two.
  • Options

Always thought Robinson would go back for Kieran Agard

I think we need Thor of Asgard more than Kieran Agard.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Almost an impossible question to answer as the cloob is simply in limbo as things stand, there are that many scenarios that could transpire by the end of the January window that it makes your head spin.
    January will tell us much more how Goldfinger is thinking........right now I don’t think he has a clue which way to turn.......then again, he never has!
    My guess is he’s more likely to sell than buy and with that in prospect Robinson may well decide to walk........and who, in all honesty, could blame him.
    I appreciate I haven’t really answered the original question but (and with respect to chappers ), for me it’s one that at this stage isn’t really worth spending anytime thinking about as we don’t know the budget that will be available.........if any!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jayden Stockley. Exeter. Seen him a few times now and think his work rate and all round play would make him an excellent fit.
  • Options

Always thought Robinson would go back for Kieran Agard

I think we need Thor of Asgard more than Kieran Agard.
    He's a hammer :lol:
  • Options
    I don't think that anyone decent is joining.

If there really is someone interested in buying us (which I doubt) then Roland won’t spend the money because the onus will now fall on the new owners.

And if there is no one interested in buying us ( which I believe) Roland still won’t spend the money because he is losing to much money already on us.

In short Roland has no intention of spending any more money on Charlton because he has lost interest and has lost to much money already on this project.

• Options
    Our only hope is that we sign Harry Kane.
  • Options
    If there is a buyer it won’t be done in time for the transfer window best hope is that there’s always been a budget for this window and we can tap in to it
  • Options

If there is a buyer it won’t be done in time for the transfer window best hope is that there’s always been a budget for this window and we can tap in to it

Wish I shared your optimism!
  • Options

Our only hope is that we sign Harry Kane.

I'm sure he's interested...
  • Options
    More like a new owner and manager
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

Paul Gorman

Cambridge away one season. Gorman was on the bench and I was sitting near where he was warming up. I was eating chips and offered him one - he took the remaing chips (probably about 14) and put them in his warm up jacket pocket and finished them off.

Oh yes remember that... great away day