Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Xmas Threads - Christmas Day drinking

2»

Comments

• Options
    Macronate said:

4 cans of Tennents Super with breakfast, 2 two litrebottles of white lightening cider with lunch, 3 bottles of Buckfast in the afternoon (one I managed to down in under 30 seconds). 6 more Tennants Super with dinner and I’m now on my 3rd bottle of vodka (straight). Probably have a glass of water after this, you know, just in case I get a hangover in the morning.

And yet your grammar is nearly perfect.
    Nearly?? :smile:
  • Options
    I rarely drink on Christmas day, when In was single and more importantly younger. It was because I'd have got clattered Christmas eve, now it's because I seem to always be driving between stop offs. Just signing off sat in front of the tv whilst my wife is sleeping I'm slugging Stella like it's going extinct. And I'm relaxed. I love Christmas, played some really silly games after doing presents which we all r get into and had a wonderful day.

But now that's done, me and Stella are picking up where we left off last week. Then waking up suitably hungover for Southend tomorrow
  • Options

clb74 said:

Bit of Buck's Fizz when parents popped in this morning, two glasses of Brut with dinner, couple of Buds this evening and now a drop of homemade Baileys before bed. Knackered

Homemade Bailey's?
    Yep, wife makes it every Christmas. Something she used to do every year with her grandad. Carried on doing it every year with her niece keeping the family tradition going. It's lush
    Any chance of the recipe? Sounds fascinating.
    Lots of Baileys talk on here. May have to have a couple with the cricket.
  • Options
    Bucks fizz this mornibdg, gin and tonic all day abd a vbottle anc half of mand s port
    a bottle podf biud waiting fior the cab
    happy chrtistmus evetyubody!!!
  • Options
    Out on Xmas eve up the local, so was a bit groggy this morning but started off with a couple of Guinness, then went to family’s for Xmas day been drinking buds all day now back indoors and having a night cap of talisker over ice.
  • Options
    Prosecco at 11:30. Couple of small Staropramens around 5pm. Vinho Verde with dinner at 6:30. Bottle of Syrah after dinner then couple of bottles of Proper Job and a glass or two of Laphroaig.
  • Options

clb74 said:

Bit of Buck's Fizz when parents popped in this morning, two glasses of Brut with dinner, couple of Buds this evening and now a drop of homemade Baileys before bed. Knackered

Homemade Bailey's?
    Yep, wife makes it every Christmas. Something she used to do every year with her grandad. Carried on doing it every year with her niece keeping the family tradition going. It's lush
    Sounds good
  • Options
    Riviera said:

clb74 said:

Homemade Bailey's?
    Any chance of the recipe? Sounds fascinating.
    Lots of Baileys talk on here. May have to have a couple with the cricket.
    Started with a couple of Baileys yesterday, Rose wine with lunch, cheese with vintage Port in the evening, then a great bottle of Chianti.

No hangover today which is great news, may be different on Thursday when I am meeting my brothers for a good drink.
  • Options
    Head hurts today
  • Options
    Got through 12 bottles of prosecco, 8 red wine, 6 white and 6 red, 32 beers and a bottle and a half of gin between 6 of us yesterday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really fancy plotting up in a proper boozer for good old all day sesh today.

Goodbye New Years Eve bottle of Fischer........
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Got through 12 bottles of prosecco, 8 red wine, 6 white and 6 red, 32 beers and a bottle and a half of gin between 6 of us yesterday

I think you need a recount when you've sobered up. 5 bottles of wine each without even mentioning the beer and Gin, I don't think so.
  • Options
    No drinking at home xmas day, few pints up the road at lunchtime, champagne and a couple of large cobras at the outlaws yesterday, I rarely get twatted over the most traditional drinking period of the year, prefer drinking xmas eve.
  • Options
    Had my first alcoholic drink in 13 years on Christmas Day. A gorgeous pint of Shepherd Neame's Master Brew. It was beautiful!

Two more to go before the weekend.
  • Options

GADDS' BLACK PEARL OYSTER STOUT
    Ramsgate Brewery (Gadds)

Style: Stout
    Vegan, Vegetarian, Unfined
    ABV: 6.2% Alc.

imageimagehttps://eebriatrade.com/products/beer/ramsgate-brewery-gadds/4481-gadds-black-pearl-oyster-stout

Interesting, but the whole point of oyster stout is that it's made with oysters. wonder what they use instead.
  • Options
    Currently enjoying a nice Malbec. Missus is out, little girls tucked up in bed, love this time of year.
  • Options

GADDS' BLACK PEARL OYSTER STOUT
    Ramsgate Brewery (Gadds)

Style: Stout
    Vegan, Vegetarian, Unfined
    ABV: 6.2% Alc.

imageimagehttps://eebriatrade.com/products/beer/ramsgate-brewery-gadds/4481-gadds-black-pearl-oyster-stout

If you get a chance, try Whitstable Brewery's version - really good.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

sam3110 said:

I think you need a recount when you've sobered up. 5 bottles of wine each without even mentioning the beer and Gin, I don't think so.
    Sorry, missed the 1 before the 6!

16 of us