Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Museum Items

Comments

• Options
    Been looking for a good quality one of these for ages.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Lovely ticket. Note the cost given the fuss about more recent dinners
  • Options
    Mid 90s? Club Christmas card signed by multiple players

• Options

I've still got mine, got him to sign it on the day.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

I don't read the grass thread, which I guess is why they post there, but I'm told a couple of people have been slagging off the museum there in order to have a dig a me.

So be it, water off a ducks back, but the museum is a registered charity. It has seven trustees and numerous other volunteers. It was Mick Everett who got it off the ground, found it a location and convinced the then owners to let an abandoned office become a museum just as long as they didn't have to give it any budget. All this before I even got involved.

Since then all the trustees and volunteers have contributed considerable time and effort to get it to where it is now. I'm very proud to have played my part in it becoming the success it is although I can see just how much more work is required to make it what it can be.

So dig me out if that helps you but don't dismiss and belittle what @cafc999, @charltonnick @SE7toSG3, @killerjerrylee Paul Baker and Mick Everett plus many others have done just to try, and fail, to score cheap points.

By coincidence we added this new item to the museum. Very appropriate for a couple of posters, don't you think : - )

It was only one person (I think) and he’s not worth worrying about.

Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I don't read the grass thread, which I guess is why they post there, but I'm told a couple of people have been slagging off the museum there in order to have a dig a me.

So be it, water off a ducks back, but the museum is a registered charity. It has seven trustees and numerous other volunteers. It was Mick Everett who got it off the ground, found it a location and convinced the then owners to let an abandoned office become a museum just as long as they didn't have to give it any budget. All this before I even got involved.

Since then all the trustees and volunteers have contributed considerable time and effort to get it to where it is now. I'm very proud to have played my part in it becoming the success it is although I can see just how much more work is required to make it what it can be.

So dig me out if that helps you but don't dismiss and belittle what @cafc999, @charltonnick @SE7toSG3, @killerjerrylee Paul Baker and Mick Everett plus many others have done just to try, and fail, to score cheap points.

By coincidence we added this new item to the museum. Very appropriate for a couple of posters, don't you think : - )

It was only one person, and he’s not worth worrying about.

Keep up the good work!
    I don't worry for myself, it's pitiful, but the others don't deserve to be dismissed. The amount of money @charltonnick raises via auctions, the research Ian and Paul do, the items that Stuart gets for the collection, all the behind the scenes stuff that Mick carries out and whatever it is that Clive does are all worthy of acknowledgement.

The work continues and even today I submitted the annual submission to the Charity commission (oh the glamour).
  • Options
    The grass thread.....not sure what or where that is?
  • Options

I've still got mine, got him to sign it on the day.
    Good work Mr Mehmet, you're as wrong as me.
  • Options

It’s the ‘argument alert’ thread.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

It’s the ‘argument alert’ thread.

Cheers JS.

• Options

Yes you do ! :wink:
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

I am not sure what I do either but quite happy to take the praise for it and leave you as the human shield!

You’re always chatting about with a drink in your hand whenever I’ve visited :wink:
  • Options
    thats my job description right there!
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

thats my job description right there!

But Nick makes the tea!
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

I am not sure what I do either but quite happy to take the praise for it and leave you as the human shield!

Bit like all the work I did with CARD :wink:
  • Options
    Burgled Leuth's mansion while he was at the game to secure some new items from his Museum.  Very posh but I digress.

Corner flag from the last game at Selhurst and a signed Admiral shirt
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Also got some great scrapbooks from Trevor Bennett. They belonged to his dad, Colin
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Shocking violence v Hull in 1971.  Thankfully no lifers were involved
  • Options
    Not sure this warming up before a game will catch on either.
  • Options
    Also from Colin Bennett this 1926 clip from the Daily Sketch.  Charlton losing 1 - 2 at the Valley to Palace.  

The East Terrace before development

• Options
    Great to welcome this lifer (I'll let them ID themself if they choose) to the museum and accept this signed team photo rescued from a barbers shop in Birmingham.
  • Options
    You can never have too many Charlton rosettes

• Options
    Stuart Leary Card

Note to self: turn flash off when photographing glossy items

• Options
    Message from next Real Madrid manager image
    So Katrien's second worst idea, after the sofa, wasn't even original.
  • Options
    Another great 1970s protest badge. Just who made these brilliantly weird objects? image
    Just missing
    "Jesus Saves

But Moses Invests"