Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Museum Items

Comments

• Options
    Just things donated or sorted out today that might interest you. Car sticker image. Imagine having a manager long enough to have a car sticker made
    I had that sticker on my bedroom window for years and years - long after he left in fact - it eventually curled up and fell off from over exposure to the sun
  • Options
    These newsletters carry a lot of adverts for local firms as well as ads such as for a "football special" to Bournemouth

Wow ! What year was this ? 
  • Options
    These newsletters carry a lot of adverts for local firms as well as ads such as for a "football special" to Bournemouth

1928?
  • Options
    Couple of new acquisitions today.

A 1980s ski hat

• Options
    Harder to date this pennant.

Type face could be anything from 1930s to 60s but as it's made of felt more likely to be earlier, probably 50s or late 40s
  • Options
    First donation of 2021

• Options
    The staff richly deserved the treats given to them by TS just before Christmas in these hampers so we don't begrudge the fact that it is empty.

OK, we do but only a little. B)

• Options
    edited January 2021

Was
    1928. My dad was 2 months old. He’s 93 this month and still a season ticket holder. No he didn’t go to this game. 
  • Options
    Acab said:

Was
    1928. My dad was 2 months old. He’s 93 this month and still a season ticket holder. No he didn’t go to this game. 
    Respect to your father.
  • Options
    Acab said:

Was
    Respect to your father.
    Cheers wee one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Found these programmes during a lockdown clear out of the loft. Also picture of ground - must have been about 1980
  • Options
    Nice, went to both of them Testimonials , pretty sure it was a dismal turn out for Killers at Selhurst , may even have been raining that night .
  • Options
    I was at both games too. Fish from Marillion was sitting behind me in the main stand for the Hales game and I got him to sign my programme. I think he played in a charity match at Welling the week after.

Got a lot of the Arsenal players autographs at LB’s game but Pat Jennings wouldn’t sign at the end of the warm up before the game. George Best wouldn’t either at the end of the game 🙁
  • Options
    Harder to date this pennant.

Type face could be anything from 1930s to 60s but as it's made of felt more likely to be earlier, probably 50s or late 40s
    I can definitely tell you it's not before 1905.
  • Options
    BFG94 said:
    Found these programmes during a lockdown clear out of the loft. Also picture of ground - must have been about 1980
    Puts the slope on the Yeovil pitch to shame.
  • Options
    I was at both games too. Fish from Marillion was sitting behind me in the main stand for the Hales game and I got him to sign my programme. I think he played in a charity match at Welling the week after.

Got a lot of the Arsenal players autographs at LB’s game but Pat Jennings wouldn’t sign at the end of the warm up before the game. George Best wouldn’t either at the end of the game 🙁
    I remember Fish at the welling charity game ... he was a very big guy and didn’t shirk the tackles 
  • Options
    BFG94 said:
    This was 19th Dec 1980 - possibly the same photoshoot (although the lines in the grass dont look the same...)Mike Bailey  -  Charlton Athletic Manager  Nieuwsfotos
  • Options

Can we get a blue plaque on Mr Butler’s address?  Assuming it still exists, of course. 
    Yes and we can increase value by adding the itinerary for the benefit of proper Charlton fans.  Did it take the Southern rail line from London Bridge via Redhill to join the South West line at Southampton or did it take the spur from Redhill to Guildford and pick up the main London to Southampton line at Basingstoke.

Also note missing comma after "Reserved for" which Mr Butler should have picked up.
  • Options
    1950s car grille badge/St Christopher

• Options
    1980s pin badge

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Date unknown but probably pre WW2 name plate from a Valley turnstile salvaged after the "last game" v Stoke.

Manufactured by C Isler Artesian Works, Bear Lane Southwark London SE

• Options

I still have my foam hand from Wembley 1998. Doesn't seem to have aged well. I'm sure it was white at the time, it seems to have turned to standard yellow sponge colour.
  • Options
    BFG94 said:
    This was 19th Dec 1980 - possibly the same photoshoot (although the lines in the grass dont look the same...)Mike Bailey  -  Charlton Athletic Manager  Nieuwsfotos
    Note no seats in Jimmy Seed stand
  • Options
    BFG94 said:
    Note no seats in Jimmy Seed stand
    Millwall were there the previous week.
  • Options

£10 lot a
  • Options

£10 lot a
    That's what we paid for it on eBay
  • Options
    Date unknown but probably pre WW2 name plate from a Valley turnstile salvaged after the "last game" v Stoke.

Manufactured by C Isler Artesian Works, Bear Lane Southwark London SE

@“henry irving“ the use of just SE dates the manufacture at pre-1917.