Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Museum Items

Comments

• Options
    Tried to pop up after the game but the steward in the fans bar told me the museum wasn’t open. For next time (pre game) how do I get there? Excited to learn more about our history. Thanks!
  • Options
    Tried to pop up after the game but the steward in the fans bar told me the museum wasn’t open. For next time (pre game) how do I get there? Excited to learn more about our history. Thanks!
    These stewards ready needed educating
    Went there for the 1st time a month or so ago when I asked steward on door his reply'what museum '
    Muppets
  • Options
    I may have already asked and had this question answered (apologies if that's the case) will the old shirts be sold on here or via Ebay? There are a couple that i'm intrested in. Thanks.
  • Options
    Auctioned on here first.
  • Options
    Auctioned on here first.
    Thanks for clarifying, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.
  • Options
    These newsletters carry a lot of adverts for local firms as well as ads such as for a "football special" to Bournemouth

• Options
    Or you could go by coach using the firm that was still taking fans to away games into the 70s and 80s

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    There were also a few photos such as this then record league gate v Millwall which ended 1 - 1
    great result
  • Options
    Or you could go by coach using the firm that was still taking fans to away games into the 70s and 80s

Did they ever get there...or are they still on route via Larkfield...🤔
  • Options

My grandad knew Charley Lewis.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    AddicksAddict said:

Mum, is that a January signing?

Don’t be silly, darling, there’s no such thing. 
    It was a toss-up between that caption and this one so I thought I share this one, too.

Look, darlings, a January signing.

Oh, Mama, we know it's just Papa in his Charlton shirt.

I’m not saying I was ITK but how right I was. 
  • Options
    Henry do we think this is issue 1 or a completely separate publication?

• Options
    There were also a few photos such as this then record league gate v Millwall which ended 1 - 1
    Large crowd, it’s their cup final.
  • Options
    Henry do we think this is issue 1 or a completely separate publication?

I think that is an early attempt at get a newsletter off the ground.

Reading issue 2 it mentions issue 1 as a very recent publication.
  • Options
    Anyone notice if @Henry Irving turned up in a Transit van on Saturday?

• Options
    Oooh I want that  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    Oooh I want that  :)
    Are you in it ?
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Anyone notice if @Henry Irving turned up in a Transit van on Saturday?

Ever since reading of the auction at St. Elphins, I have thought that it would be prudent to remove for safe keeping all valuable or irreplaceable items in the Museum. 

If trustees do not have sufficient space between them, I'm sure lifers would club together for the rental of secure storage - I would certainly be prepared to contribute.  Better safe than sorry.
  • Options
    How much was he on?
  • Options
    Between 1921 and 1945 the maximum a player could earn was £8pw for the 37 weeks of the playing season and £6pw for the 15 weeks close season.

https://spartacus-educational.com/Fwages.htm
  • Options
    These newsletters carry a lot of adverts for local firms as well as ads such as for a "football special" to Bournemouth

Can we get a blue plaque on Mr Butler’s address?  Assuming it still exists, of course. 
  • Options

Can we get a blue plaque on Mr Butler’s address?  Assuming it still exists, of course. 
    A Red and white plaque surely ?
  • Options
    Some more postcards we bought at auction.

Signed 1920s postcards don't come cheap so we're very grateful for the money that has come in from donations and sales.

One Who poster covers the cost of one postcard.

More info and cards here https://cafcmuseum.net/the-collection-postcards/

Frank "Bronco" Burton