Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Museum Items

Comments

• Options
    We have a limited number of signed Yann pictures available on ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294945959043
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    We lost our dad early hours of last Sunday. He weren't into the football much in the last half of his life due to acute mental illness, but he was definitely a Charlton fan born and bred and it was nice to find these tucked away in his stuff today. Not too sure if they have any significant historical value or not, or even when they were from (dad could well have quite likely took himself down to the club shop, just to buy a club sweat band, in more recent years, as he was inclined to do things like that), but my brother and would love for the museum to have them if interested. If not, no worries at all -

Sorry for your loss, Rob. 
  • Options
    Thanks @stig and @Henry Irving

Would you like me to stick them in the post? I'm back at work on Thursday so can do it then 👍
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    We lost our dad early hours of last Sunday. He weren't into the football much in the last half of his life due to acute mental illness, but he was definitely a Charlton fan born and bred and it was nice to find these tucked away in his stuff today. Not too sure if they have any significant historical value or not, or even when they were from (dad could well have quite likely took himself down to the club shop, just to buy a club sweat band, in more recent years, as he was inclined to do things like that), but my brother and I would love for the museum to have them if interested. If not, no worries at all -

Sorry to hear that mate.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Would you like me to stick them in the post? I'm back at work on Thursday so can do it then 👍
    Please  

Just post them to the museum c/o The Valley 

• Options
    Gribbo said:

Please  

Just post them to the museum c/o The Valley 

No problem at all. Cheers mate
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss Gribbo.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss Gribbo.  Sweat band definately '80's as I have 2-3 of them still sat in a box.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry for your loss Rob. Pretty sure the sweat band is late 80s, as I had a couple of those when I used to play my Dad at badminton in the sports hall over the top of the Lewisham Centre.
  • Options
    I have a box of things meant for the museum, just impossible to get them there really…

You’ll get them at some point! :lol:
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    We lost our dad early hours of last Sunday. He weren't into the football much in the last half of his life due to acute mental illness, but he was definitely a Charlton fan born and bred and it was nice to find these tucked away in his stuff today. Not too sure if they have any significant historical value or not, or even when they were from (dad could well have quite likely took himself down to the club shop, just to buy a club sweat band, in more recent years, as he was inclined to do things like that), but my brother and I would love for the museum to have them if interested. If not, no worries at all -

Sorry to hear that mate 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    sammy391 said:
    I have a box of things meant for the museum, just impossible to get them there really…

Where are they  @sammy391 ?

Maybe someone can collect them.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Where are they  @sammy391 ?

Maybe someone can collect them.
    Orpington currently, but with moving etc getting them to the ground without a car is a hard task!
  • Options
    Two of the trustees live in Bromley @sammy391 so we could collect.

Email us on  cafchistorian@gmail.com 
  • Options
    Thoughts with you and your family @Gribbo

I have the white metal badge, and I did have the sweat bands as well (long gone now)

Don’t forget the Valley Memorial Garden, where you can scatter your Father’s ashes if that is what you want to do (my Father’s ashes are up there) - link is here https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/fans/memorial-garden 
  • Options
    Thoughts with you and your family @Gribbo

I have the white metal badge, and I did have the sweat bands as well (long gone now)

Don’t forget the Valley Memorial Garden, where you can scatter your Father’s ashes if that is what you want to do (my Father’s ashes are up there) - link is here https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/fans/memorial-garden 
    Cheers mate 🙏
  • Options
    Big stash of photos donated today by the family of John Rooke which we need to scan but love this 1960s menu.

As @KillersBeard pointed out if you replace the backslash with a decimal point you're pretty much spot on for today's prices.

Kids, ask your grandparents to explain.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big stash of photos donated today by the family of John Rooke which we need to scan but love this 1960s menu.

As @KillersBeard pointed out if you replace the backslash with a decimal point you're pretty much spot on for today's prices.

Where’s the vegetarian menu?
  • Options

Where’s the vegetarian menu?
    Steady on - they do omelettes - that is quite sufficient 😄
  • Options
    Donation from Sue Gallop and Marilyn Rooke from the late John Rooke.

• Options
    I used to work with the Charlton captain in that photo, Sharon Barber.
  • Options
    Really nice donation from @SporadicAddick tonight for which many thanks

• Options
    Really nice donation from @SporadicAddick tonight for which many thanks

Afraid I can’t take the glory for this one - I’ve never owned a shirt I could donate…

a case of mistaken identity @Henry Irving ..
  • Options
    Sorry 
  • Options
    Would the museum be interested in an unopened Charlton calendar from 2001?