Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Museum Items

Comments

• Options
    Would the museum be interested in an unopened Charlton calendar from 2001?
    Only time will tell šŸ˜‰
  • Options
    A couple of great additions to the Museum today.
  • Options
    Thanks @Plumstead_Micky but no as we have one already.

• Options
    The lockable, top lit cabinets with adjustable shelves mean we can finally give our FA Cup collection the display it deserves.

Here's our first attemptĀ 
  • Options
    The other cabinet will focus on the Selhurst years, a period Steve Sutherland always points out we've neglectedĀ 
  • Options
    Sponsorship of either cabinet is available at competitive rates.
  • Options

Not Hampshire Addick - HantsAddick. Jean's marvellous support for the Museum now permanently on display. Very impressive.Ā 

• Options
    Thanks to great work from @charltonnick and donations from fans, in particular a legacy from Jean King @Hampshire_Addick we took delivery of two very big, and very expensive display cabinets.

hereĀ  they are being assembled.Ā 
    Sandgaard busy putting the cabinet together.Ā  He must have agreed compensation with Swindon quickly.
  • Options

Not Hampshire Addick - HantsAddick. Jean's marvellous support for the Museum now permanently on display. Very impressive.Ā 

Apologies @GlassHalfFull

It was @HantsAddick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks but we already have one and it is unopened
  • Options
    Thanks to great work from @charltonnick and donations from fans, in particular a legacy from Jean King @Hampshire_Addick we took delivery of two very big, and very expensive display cabinets.

Sandgaard busy putting the cabinet together.Ā  He must have agreed compensation with Swindon quickly.
    No, that's Ben Garner.Ā Ā 
  • Options

Nice!
  • Options
    Some more ofTom Morris' vast collection of press passes

• Options
    this arrived anonymously but not sure what it is.

Guessing it was something to do with brest cancer awareness/fundraising.

Anyone remember?
  • Options
    Ā Carbon copy of a letter re: injury to and compensation for George Green's knee. Part of a whole folder of such letters and bills (all in guineas) on the subject.
  • Options
    The George Green letter was typed on the back of an old and now very very rare Charlton Rovers (a reserve/development team run by the club during WW2) v Dulwich Hamlet programmeĀ 

• Options
    Malcolm Allison's wages recordĀ 

Living in Gordon Avenue, Bexleyheath.
  • Options
    The George Green letter was typed on the back of an old and now very very rare Charlton Rovers (a reserve/development team run by the club during WW2) v Dulwich Hamlet programmeĀ 

Looking at our goalkeeper, didn't we have a scout with the same name (Jim Fibbins)?
  • Options
    Can you tell me if you got a decent copy of this particular program, if yes how do I go about purchasing it, Iā€™m visiting my brother in Australia it was his insistence that I went with him to Charlton as a thank you to him for inflicting my 50 or 60 years of torture watching Charlton, I would like to present him with a copy of the program of first game he attended.Ā 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The most exciting news this year.

This storeroom was divided and taken away from the museum by Meire when she had one of her tantrums.

On Friday we got it back.

May seem trivial but storage space is vital to all museums so getting this back is so important.

There are even some shelving units.
  • Options

I think that says Garden Avenue? There's a street named that in Bexleyheath, near Russell Park.
  • Options

I think that says Garden Avenue? There's a street named that in Bexleyheath, near Russell Park.
    Think you are correctĀ 
  • Options

CorrectĀ 
  • Options
    How lucky we all get to see this stuff - amazing bits of history, now saved too. Thank you museum, keep 'em coming.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Two 1985/86 car park passes, one in SE7, one in Croydon....
  • Options
    Big stash of photos donated today by the family of John Rooke which we need to scan but love this 1960s menu.

As @KillersBeard pointed out if you replace the backslash with a decimal point you're pretty much spot on for today's prices.

Kids, ask your grandparents to explain.

Slash, not backlash. Ffs.Ā 
  • Options
    Can you tell me if you got a decent copy of this particular program, if yes how do I go about purchasing it, Iā€™m visiting my brother in Australia it was his insistence that I went with him to Charlton as a thank you to him for inflicting my 50 or 60 years of torture watching Charlton, I would like to present him with a copy of the program of first game he attended.Ā 

Appreciate you may prefer to buy from the museum but load of these on ebay if they don't have one.
  • Options
    Cheers as you say I would rather give the museum the money or a decent donation, if I get desperate then I will go on eBay.
  • Options

@charltonnick may have a copy.Ā Ā 

You can find them on ebay but we're usually cheaper and you're supporting the museum too.