Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Museum Items

Comments

• Options
    I am fairly certain I have a small bag of match tickets at home (will be from c 1984 onwards) almost all home games I imagine.  If of interest I can drop off some time but I am guessing it is older ones you are missing.
  • Options
    Of the 22 (wrongfully arrested)
    8 of us still regularly going to Charlton .
    It wasn’t me guv onest 😵‍💫
  • Options
    I am fairly certain I have a small bag of match tickets at home (will be from c 1984 onwards) almost all home games I imagine.  If of interest I can drop off some time but I am guessing it is older ones you are missing.
    @Athletico Charlton

Certainly we have more 90s and 2000s but not complete seasons for every year so happy to take them.
  • Options
    Do you keep the paperwork in Mylar?  I've got some spare if you've got anything very valuable you want to protect.
  • Options
    No we don't so would be very grateful for any you have.
  • Options
    I have just received this photo (60cm x 42cm) from a friend in Milano but I don’t have anywhere to put it. I don’t want it to be kept in a cupboard forevermore. It’s a good shot of the ground in amongst London which I’ve not seen before and was wondering whether the museum would like to have it.

• Options
    @Solidgone. You know where you can stick that Ajax badge ?

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    I have just received this photo (60cm x 42cm) from a friend in Milano but I don’t have anywhere to put it. I don’t want it to be kept in a cupboard forevermore. It’s a good shot of the ground in amongst London which I’ve not seen before and was wondering whether the museum would like to have it.

Would love it.

Have a new display planned that would fit in nicely 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks @Solidgone

Got your box today.

You're a bit of a tease though not telling us about the best bit of the donation  :dizzy:

That is a terrific collection of 'old skool' badges.
  • Options
    @Solidgone

What was the significance, if any, of the white painted metal nut?
  • Options
    Meanwhile, we had another donation today.

Menu from 1946 with numerous signatures including a Gliksten, the club doctor and Jimmy Seed's brother. 

It appears to have belonged to Alex Hird, a player and then by 46 part of the training staff.

Somehow it came into the possession of Dick Giddens who we believe was an announcer at the Valley in the 1950s but we know very little more about him. We love to know more.

He died in 1980 and this menu was held by his friend and executor until today when he donated it to the museum today

• Options
    An early version the golden goal (or corner!). Never knew that.
  • Options
    The cartoon and drawings of the players also appear in this book about the club from 1946. 
  • Options
    So much good stuff in this thread. Keep up the good work, everyone.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    @Solidgone

I think it came from the last match at The Valley. I guess it’s from one of the barriers. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll bring some along one Friday. A Millwall friend with a lot of Charlton memorabilia has decided to donate it all to the Museum because of the respect shown by Charlton over John Berylson's demise so I'll bring him along, too.
    That's very kind of him.

We'll get some of those plastic shoe covers for him to wear though : - )
  • Options
    I'll bring some along one Friday. A Millwall friend with a lot of Charlton memorabilia has decided to donate it all to the Museum because of the respect shown by Charlton over John Berylson's demise so I'll bring him along, too.
    That's very kind of him.

We'll get some of those plastic shoe covers for him to wear though : - )
    Make sure you make him double up on those shoe covers though please
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Would love it.

Have a new display planned that would fit in nicely 
    @Henry Irving I posted on Monday. Has the museum received it?
  • Options
    Not as yet
  • Options
    Not as yet
    Thats disappointing to hear. Could it be with the club? I’ll chase it up on Monday.
  • Options
    Tracking says that it was delivered on Thursday.

• Options
    @Solidgone

I asked yesterday but no post for the museum.

Possible that one of the other trustees picked it up on Friday.
  • Options
    @Solidgone

Do you meanThomas Sandgaard?
  • Options
    @AddicksAddict What happened to your Millwall friend?  We'd already hired the defumigaters :- )
  • Options
    @Solidgone

I asked yesterday but no post for the museum.

Possible that one of the other trustees picked it up on Friday.
    @Henry Irvine has it turned up?