Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan v Charlton - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Well done to all the boys, they all gave it everything. I will never agree with not pressuring the opposition higher up the field. We defended fantastically and this time got away with it but we were lucky at times.
    Their defense is shaky and instead of stopping their build up we gave them too much respect and kept waiting for them round the box (that formation again).
  • Options

7am training session paid dividends :)

It's pitch black at 7 am at the moment.
    We had an evening match at Wigan last night.
    Perhaps that is the key to success from now on - playing in the dark?
  • Options
    Cheers for the highlights link, looked pretty even with chances. Only one I felt KAG could have done better with was the first half volley. Lovely playback from Jacko
  • Options

Cheers for the highlights link, looked pretty even with chances. Only one I felt KAG could have done better with was the first half volley. Lovely playback from Jacko

Yes he has to go across the keeper from there. If he had we would have gone in 1.0 up at the break.

• Options
    I’ve been rather critical of KAG in the last couple of months. I didn’t think he was good enough but last night he showed that, if played as a striker - what he was successful in the U23s doing, he has a lot to offer.

I do think that it is easier to chase down loose balls in a game that we are defending in than it is to score in a game we are really trying to win but he didn’t look, at all, out of place. Could have had a hat-trick and I have no complaints that none of them went in. On another day he would have scored. Great performance from him.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    KAG worked incredibly hard last night. He had zero support whenever he received the ball and made both of those chances himself.
  • Options
    Great result bonus of keeping a clean sheet for once as well. Hopefully we can build on it with 2 winnable home games coming up
  • Options
    Great to see the boys fighting with a bit of team spirit.

I do hope Robbo stays with the new owners, he seems good at getting them fired up for the matches against the big boys. Need to show that against "lesser" opposition now!
  • Options
    What makes the point a terrific point is three points on New Years day. Without that it loses all significance.
  • Options
    We played average. They played average it ended up a bore draw but I'm really fine with that!
  • Options

Decided to watch it at home with my Dad over.

Glad we did, great game and great result.

Charlton on fire #saywhatyousee
    Are you sure your TV is big enough?
  • Options
    So KM leaves and we do this. Imagine what could happen with Roly Rat finally goes. COYAs
  • Options
    I’d forgotten that Nathan Byrne was playing for them, if things had worked out differently he would have been our RB last night instead!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017
    I didn’t realise either. I guess that’s one of the things that you miss when you have no commentary.

Also, for anyone that was watching on iFollow, did you see out three substitutions. We didn’t realise any of them had happened until we noticed the new players on the pitch. We didn’t just miss one of them- we missed them all!
  • Options

Charlton on fire #saywhatyousee
    Are you sure your TV is big enough?
    It’s just that I live in the seven dwarfs’ house and everything else is very small. :-)
  • Options
    Bugger me! We played last night? Honestly, I had no idea, expecting to be following the game at 10pm tonight!

That's twice I've done that this season!

As my old teachers used to say; "Must pay more attention!"
  • Options

Bugger me! We played last night? Honestly, I had no idea, expecting to be following the game at 10pm tonight!

That's twice I've done that this season!

As my old teachers used to say; "Must pay more attention!"

How did we get on the last time you missed it? You might need to miss a few more.
  • Options
    Proof for us that you don't have to dominate possession to gain a point and with a bit of luck might have nicked 3. I hope KR recognises that it's not possession that counts, but goals!
  • Options
    Oh and one more thing, Mark Marshall needs to get back to the training ground quickly and practice corners!

6 hours up there, 3.5hours coming back, I love the M6 toll road.
  • Options

Can you see that alright there kings hill?

Bloody hell, your telly is bigger than my flat! You must have to sit in the next room to watch it.
  • Options
    When the Germans did their zombie chant we thought it was "hey Jude" and started singing that! Don't understand why fans like Wigan and Blackburn set up their singing crew next to the away fans. A drum and five people singing isn't intimidating.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Was a fantastically Meh performance.

Very happy with it.
  • Options

When the Germans did their zombie chant we thought it was "hey Jude" and started singing that! Don't understand why fans like Wigan and Blackburn set up their singing crew next to the away fans. A drum and five people singing isn't intimidating.

Always seems odd to me when the “noisy section” is in a side stand, rather than behind a goal!