Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peter Varney and his investors

Comments

• Redhenry who is always very much on the money suggested that one if the interested parties "loved the club" so I think that along with the suggestion of Middle East money has steered our thoughts towards PDV.

I'm guessibg there are other possibities out there.

Could Paul Elliot who has been mentioned before be involved ? I don't think we shoukd completely discount Richard Murray ?

I cant think off hand of anyone else other than those three.

Bjorn Borg.
  • Jacko out of Brushstrokes
  • Redhenry who is always very much on the money suggested that one if the interested parties "loved the club" so I think that along with the suggestion of Middle East money has steered our thoughts towards PDV.

I'm guessibg there are other possibities out there.

Could Paul Elliot who has been mentioned before be involved ? I don't think we shoukd completely discount Richard Murray ?

I cant think off hand of anyone else other than those three.

Yes, PE could well be advising.
    RM is tainted by the Belgians, he would be better taking a back seat or staying away.
  • Addickted said:

What would Jordan know?

Think he's being funny by saying Francesco Becchetti will be our new owner.

#failedbusinessman

#bankruptagain

#cockwomble

Yes, I think he was trying to be funny.
    Palace got the owner they deserved when he took over, the orange-faced twat.
    He’s actually a good physical comedian - I mean, one only dresses up in a costume like this for the laughs:

• edited December 2017

Simon Jordan announced on Twitter the other day who our new owners are (allegedly) whether he was right or wrong I don’t know.

So who did he say they were ? Edited Seen the tweets now ....ignore :smile:
  • Addickted said:

What would Jordan know?

#failedbusinessman

#bankruptagain

#cockwomble

He’s actually a good physical comedian - I mean, one only dresses up in a costume like this for the laughs:

What an utter cnut
    That’s one of the most sensible things I’ve ever read.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

The bids are meant to be Aussie (Muir) and a brutish bid. Varney is involved with Kuwaiti money) so unlikely to be that...unless he has British based funding too (not impossible)

The talk of one bid being “persistent” lends itself to the idea of Varney and the idea of one bidder not the preferred option could suggest the Aussies are still trying to come up with the cash or prove its existence.

Careful what we wish for seems to be the mantra I think

Yet again the confusion with Muir’s involvement pops up.
    At one moment you are saying Muir is the No1honcho on the scene in OZ.......were that the case this guy doesn’t have to prove where the money is coming from or if it’s available .....he’s major league wealthy.
    You then go on to say the Aussies are still trying to prove/raise the cash availability ......which would suggest he isn’t involved......or is he merely a part of a consortium, so which is it?

Swisdom said:

The bids are meant to be Aussie (Muir) and a brutish bid. Varney is involved with Kuwaiti money) so unlikely to be that...unless he has British based funding too (not impossible)

The talk of one bid being “persistent” lends itself to the idea of Varney and the idea of one bidder not the preferred option could suggest the Aussies are still trying to come up with the cash or prove its existence.

At one moment you are saying Muir is the No1honcho on the scene in OZ.......were that the case this guy doesn’t have to prove where the money is coming from or if it’s available .....he’s major league wealthy.
    You then go on to say the Aussies are still trying to prove/raise the cash availability ......which would suggest he isn’t involved......or is he merely a part of a consortium, so which is it?
    Muir is believed to be involved but his wealth doesn’t guarantee he’ll chuck it our way. The previous Aussie bid seemed to be light on funding hence it went quiet. Just because they now have a man with money involved means very little in the grand scheme of things. Let’s also not forget Muir has half of Roland’s wealth.

He’s an astute businessman so why go and spunk it all on a football club on the other side of the world with whom he has no emotional ties? How many people really make money from football?

And at no point do I say anything for certain because I don’t know anything - it’s all merely conjecture.

• Take with a pinch of salt maybe but there is a suggestion on THE FORUM THAT CANNOT BE NAMED that The Valley and Training Ground will not be included in any takeover.
  • edited December 2017

Addickted said:

What would Jordan know?

#failedbusinessman

#bankruptagain

#cockwomble

What an utter cnut
    Funnily enough, when I was driving up to Wigan, yesterday, he was on the radio , talking about racism in football.

He expanded that by saying people shouldn’t be persecuted because of their race, religion, or HAIR colour, erm nope sorry Simon, got to pick you up on that one.
  • LenGlover said:

Take with a pinch of salt maybe but there is a suggestion on THE FORUM THAT CANNOT BE NAMED that The Valley and Training Ground will not be included in any takeover.

Take this as utter nonesense then
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Muir is believed to be involved but his wealth doesn’t guarantee he’ll chuck it our way. The previous Aussie bid seemed to be light on funding hence it went quiet. Just because they now have a man with money involved means very little in the grand scheme of things. Let’s also not forget Muir has half of Roland’s wealth.

He’s an astute businessman so why go and spunk it all on a football club on the other side of the world with whom he has no emotional ties? How many people really make money from football?

And at no point do I say anything for certain because I don’t know anything - it’s all merely conjecture.

Muir is separate to the previous Aussie bid I believe. Nothing to do with AFC.
  • J BLOCK said:

Varney potentially involved in one of the bids, so I’ve heard

Pretty sure people are just saying this because no one knows who else could be involved in the british group?
    Paul Elliott ?
  • edited December 2017
    Just my take on things.

DD has been completed by one of the interested parties but not by the rumoured Australian and British groups. It’s not PDV.

Completion of deal not very close at all. My guess latter end of February if it’s going to happen.

Meire going at this point is a red herring regarding takeover. I think she must have been sounded out a few months ago and jumped ship because she knows a sale is going to happen at some point within next 12 months or so and the opportunity to stay in football was just too good to miss out on.

No idea why Joyes has resigned.

There will be money spent in January and as far as incomings are concerned I think fans will be pleased.
  • Just my take on things.

DD has been completed by one of the interested parties but not by the rumoured Australian and British groups. It’s not PDV.

Completion of deal not very close at all. My guess latter end of February if it’s going to happen.

Meire going at this point is a red herring regarding takeover. I think she must have been sounded out a few months ago and jumped ship because she knows a sale is going to happen at some point within next 12 months or so and the opportunity to stay in football was just too good to miss out on.

There will be money spent in January and as far as incomings are concerned I think fans will be pleased.

Why would he not employ a new CEO if a sale within 12 months isn’t guaranteed?
  • Addickted said:

What would Jordan know?

#failedbusinessman

#bankruptagain

#cockwomble

You wanna see the c$$t prancing about Marbella in is linen suit and flip flops, looks like a right chilled out David Brent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just my take on things.

Why would he not employ a new CEO if a sale within 12 months isn’t guaranteed?
    Because I think it will be done in February but that timescale may not have been assumed when Meire was approached. My guess is she was interviewed in November got the job and RD was happy for her to leave at short notice because the likelihood of a sale is now much closer.

• So, no-one outside the deal knows. If Varney was involved, my bet is someone outside the deal would know and it would be as strong a rumour as "the Australians." Given Duchebag's comments about Meire's exit e.g. not bothering to replace her because he is selling the club, I reckon he has a deal on the table he can sign. If that is correct the "second party" is likely to be nothing more than leverage talk in final negotiations. If that is the case you would expect a deal to close with a week because he doesn't really want to get involved with running the club which he is going to have to do given the January window. He certainly won't trust Murray to act on his say so when money is involved.

The club may have been purchased for the sole purpose of getting KM a profile over here in the UK. It was probably just for her.

Murrary got a nice seat by her side and played along.

That's probably what all the desperate attempts were to make her still look good and cover things up even when she made extremely amateur blunders. Roland got angry on that OS drunken rant and had a funny desperate angry way of specifically defending her.

No one ever gave 2 flying f*cks about charlton.

She might have got the "new secret job" before any decision to sell the club was ever made.

She finally gets out and there we go, Roland has the free decision to sell charlton.

May even just be a mission accomplished from Roland.

Turned into Katrien Meire Athletic.

Ergh
  • Simon Jordan announced on Twitter the other day who our new owners are (allegedly) whether he was right or wrong I don’t know.

So, who are they ???
    He said this but as I said on the Twitter thread, I agree with Sam.

Sam CAFC sounds like a nice guy, twitter at its finest.
  • LenGlover said:

Take with a pinch of salt maybe but there is a suggestion on THE FORUM THAT CANNOT BE NAMED that The Valley and Training Ground will not be included in any takeover.

Thanks, Colin
  • Who is the 'Greek Australian'?
  • Who is the 'Greek Australian'?

Zorba