Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Varney and his investors

Comments

• Options
    Just as a matter of interest, why does Paul Elliott seem to enjoy such a positive perception beyond the fact that he started his playing career at Charlton?
  • Options

Simon Jordan announced on Twitter the other day who our new owners are (allegedly) whether he was right or wrong I don’t know.

So, who are they ???
    He said this but as I said on the Twitter thread, I agree with Sam.

Man's a tosser.
  • Options

Just as a matter of interest, why does Paul Elliott seem to enjoy such a positive perception beyond the fact that he started his playing career at Charlton?

I think he is a Charlton supporter mate
  • Options

Had the pleasure to have a chat with him on one of my two visits to the board room and he was very pleasant and chatty. He’s definitely one of us.

• Options

Uk bid has got to be Rio Ferdinand and a consortium of London taxi drivers.

I heard the Tottenham fan Katrien spoke to is involved.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I thought I knew a bit about 50s music, but Peter Varney and His Investors seem to have passed me by.

On RKO. Skiffle band
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some of the guess work the last couple of days has been outstanding.

Is Dream Team still going on Sky, cos there’s some great scripts to be had on here.
  • Options
    Stig said:

So I see.

Pete Varney & His Investors

Can't catch me out on Uk skiffle acts 1953 to 1955
  • Options

Stig said:

So I see.

Pete Varney & His Investors

Can't catch me out on Uk skiffle acts 1953 to 1955
    Thank fuck for that.
  • Options

Simon Jordan just needs to remember back to Ricky Hatton Vs Kostya Tszyu when he was with some tart of a dolly bird

I had a few words with some Man city mates who were running the VIP bar security and he was not let in , to a chorus of Sha la la la La la and your not famous anymore he stropped right off to find someone who would help him gain access and found no one

Say what you want Jordan about us now but that night and that yr I and Charlton owned you and your two bob stripes shit cnut team royally

And to the man city guvnors I owe you a debt of gratitude for making that night something else we had Ricky winning Jordan Crying and the after party at Ricky’s dad’sboozer was legendary

Did one of them have the surname beginning with F, Nicky Ajose’ father in law?
  • Options
    Three brothers mate
  • Options

Chelsea's Paul Elliott?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

The bids are meant to be Aussie (Muir) and a brutish bid. Varney is involved with Kuwaiti money) so unlikely to be that...unless he has British based funding too (not impossible)

The talk of one bid being “persistent” lends itself to the idea of Varney and the idea of one bidder not the preferred option could suggest the Aussies are still trying to come up with the cash or prove its existence.

Careful what we wish for seems to be the mantra I think

Yet again the confusion with Muir’s involvement pops up.
    At one moment you are saying Muir is the No1honcho on the scene in OZ.......were that the case this guy doesn’t have to prove where the money is coming from or if it’s available .....he’s major league wealthy.
    You then go on to say the Aussies are still trying to prove/raise the cash availability ......which would suggest he isn’t involved......or is he merely a part of a consortium, so which is it?

Swisdom said:

The bids are meant to be Aussie (Muir) and a brutish bid. Varney is involved with Kuwaiti money) so unlikely to be that...unless he has British based funding too (not impossible)

The talk of one bid being “persistent” lends itself to the idea of Varney and the idea of one bidder not the preferred option could suggest the Aussies are still trying to come up with the cash or prove its existence.

Careful what we wish for seems to be the mantra I think

Yet again the confusion with Muir’s involvement pops up.
    At one moment you are saying Muir is the No1honcho on the scene in OZ.......were that the case this guy doesn’t have to prove where the money is coming from or if it’s available .....he’s major league wealthy.
    You then go on to say the Aussies are still trying to prove/raise the cash availability ......which would suggest he isn’t involved......or is he merely a part of a consortium, so which is it?
    Muir is believed to be involved but his wealth doesn’t guarantee he’ll chuck it our way. The previous Aussie bid seemed to be light on funding hence it went quiet. Just because they now have a man with money involved means very little in the grand scheme of things. Let’s also not forget Muir has half of Roland’s wealth.

He’s an astute businessman so why go and spunk it all on a football club on the other side of the world with whom he has no emotional ties? How many people really make money from football?

And at no point do I say anything for certain because I don’t know anything - it’s all merely conjecture.

So.....you believe that Muir is involved ONLY in a consortium and NOT as a stand alone bidder.......is that correct?
    I am still confused where and how Muir is fitting into all this and have been for a few weeks now?
    I’m sure I’m not alone in this.......is he a part of the much talked of consortium or is he ‘flying solo’ .......or neither and is just a name someone along the way has (for some reason or another), thrown into the ring?
    It’s an important question as his investment could/would surely make all the difference I would think?
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited December 2017
    Been reading up about Muir, seems like a decent bloke by all accounts.....no hints over here about a potential take over though. If you want to find out more about him....

http://www.andrewmuir.com.au/
  • Options
    Paul Elliott is back on the FA Inclusion board. I'm fairly certain you would not be allowed on an FA board if you were involved in the day-to-day running of a Football Club.

Unless (and until) he resigns from his position in the FA, any conjecture about Paul Elliott being involved with a takeover can be taken with a pinch of salt, IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Paul Elliott is back on the FA Inclusion board. I'm fairly certain you would not be allowed on an FA board if you were involved in the day-to-day running of a Football Club.

Unless (and until) he resigns from his position in the FA, any conjecture about Paul Elliott being involved with a takeover can be taken with a pinch of salt, IMO.

Why ?

Who has said PE would be involved on a day to day basis anyway ? If he is involved in a bid it would undoubtedly be as a front man / facilitator. He has no money as such. Why wouldn’t he keep his current job anyway ? There is no certainty that a bid he was involved in would be successsful even if he was at some point interested in day to day involvement in the club.

I think in this instance it’s your post that can be taken with a pinch of salt ;0)

• Options

Why would he resign now?
    No need to do that until it’s a done deal and then only if it’s a necessity.
  • Options

So, no-one outside the deal knows. If Varney was involved, my bet is someone outside the deal would know and it would be as strong a rumour as "the Australians." Given Duchebag's comments about Meire's exit e.g. not bothering to replace her because he is selling the club, I reckon he has a deal on the table he can sign. If that is correct the "second party" is likely to be nothing more than leverage talk in final negotiations. If that is the case you would expect a deal to close with a week because he doesn't really want to get involved with running the club which he is going to have to do given the January window. He certainly won't trust Murray to act on his say so when money is involved.

Just in the front door following our overnighter in windy Wigan.

My take on what's been going on since we left here on Friday morning is similar to @Cardinal Sin.

Surely a Takeover has to be on the cards for announcing within the next 7 days ....and possibly on New Year's Day ?

This would fit in with the info we have re the Belgian tax year and give a new owner/owners the maximum time available during January to use the transfer window.

With NO CEO ( YESSSSSS!) and now no Financial Director, it's clear that the club cannot function properly...unless our Tone is promoted temporarily :smile:

My reading of the situation as per the media fails to make it clear whether there are 2 bids/investors "talking" to RD or whether it's one only ie either Andrew Muir as one investor and the Charlton linked British interest as a 2nd OR Andrew Muir plus the afore mentioned British interest making up a consortium to work together. Please correct me if I'm wrong ...

Peter Varney heading an investment group would be my dream come true but as others have stated, it could be Paul Elliott coming back to the table in a joint venture with the group he was heading earlier in the year. Both or either of these true Addicks being involved would put a lot of minds to rest IMHO and would herald a rush to the Box Office for the half year season tickets we committed to purchase when the Belgians slung their hook/s.

Please forgive me if all this has been discussed or put forward on another thread but this is as far as I've managed to get !

Yes, I am ready to purchase mine - a promise I made to myself.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Listed in a company named BPP WORLD LIMITED as of 5th July.

Listed with two others. Perry Smith and Barry Nevill.

Perry smith is listed as Middle East business consultant in one of his other companies.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11449742/officers
  • Options
    Straw clutching im afraid
  • Options
    Why?
  • Options
    Believe Nevill is possibly Chris Powell’s agent.
  • Options

And Phil Parkinson.

And Alan Pardew...
  • Options

Chizz said:

And Phil Parkinson.

And Alan Pardew...
    Strangely, not Carol Fry's....
    Carol doesn't need an agent, he does all his own paperwork between bag-washes and meets potential new clients on the benches in front of the tumble driers.