Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What is the best purchase you've ever made?

Comments

• Don't know why that posted so many pics but you can never have too many :wink:
  • Forking out to take my son to Madrid in November to see Atletico Madrid at their new stadium. We left with the car iced up and arrived to 75 degrees. Lovely.
  • My snooker cue. £35 off a bloke in a club in Farnham in 1984. Made my first ton within a few months and still use it now.
  • A 50p bet on the derby, bought my mum a microwave with the winnings.
  • Quite possibly the Nutribullet. Seems to have had a significant health effect, not just on headline weight but lots of associated health indicators. Same for my wife.

And the Fitbit, not far behind. Health benefits of both that may turn out to be priceless.

Boring preoccupation of an old geezer, sorry.

This is interesting to hear.

I got a NutriBullet for Xmas and have been winding my gf up saying it's a cheap blender.

Any decent recipes you can send over?
  • My trusty Beretta A390 semi, £200 and never let me down.

My trusty 1.3m x 2.6m trailer
  • Taxi_Lad said:

imageimageimageimage

In terms of life changing then its these two

Don’t you mean these eight!
  • Sony 75" TV...paid a lot for it and have never regretted it for one minute.
  • Sponsored links:

• A 50p bet on the derby, bought my mum a microwave with the winnings.

Cha-ping

Not singularly the most expensive thing I've shelled out on in my life but as a one off item for my own entertainment I'm proud to own. Love the car anyway but the personalised plate was a gift to myself. It also has a £2k hifi installed in it.....ohh matron! I'm in the midst of a mid-life crisis and figured you're a long time dead....

Not singularly the most expensive thing I've shelled out on in my life but as a one off item for my own entertainment I'm proud to own. Love the car anyway but the personalised plate was a gift to myself. It also has a £2k hifi installed in it.....ohh matron! I'm in the midst of a mid-life crisis and figured you're a long time dead....

My OCD would never allow me to walk away having parked my car like that...

Not at all into cars but it is a nice looking car though.
  • edited January 2018
    Good thread, for me it has to be my 1982 Hamer Sunburst I bought it for £175 in 1984, it was previously owned by guitar ledge Gary Moore.
    I bought it off my then guitar teacher, learnt 3 chords on it, wrote my first songs on it, which led me to be lucky enough to play with some ace musicians.
    I've still got it 33 years later, pic is from last year, playing with Dennis Greaves of NBZ.

I used to own one.... beautiful car.
  • Quite possibly the Nutribullet. Seems to have had a significant health effect, not just on headline weight but lots of associated health indicators. Same for my wife.

And the Fitbit, not far behind. Health benefits of both that may turn out to be priceless.

I’m always impressed with anything that someone says helps improve health and weight loss. A quick scan on Amazon shows several Nutribullet models at varying prices. Is there a specific one that you would recommend.

I do like the idea of losing weight and feeling more healthy.

Thanks Prague
  • If we are talking materialist possessions then it would my Optoma projector for a cinema experience at home. Buying instead of renting has also benefited us financially which has enabled us to relocate and change our lives for the better. Finally, a passport which has enabled us to see parts of the world.
  • Treated myself to a decent watch 16 years ago.

Wear it every day and is still worth more than I paid for it.
  • Sponsored links:

My OCD would never allow me to walk away having parked my car like that...

Not at all into cars but it is a nice looking car though.
    Or left the wing mirrors out...is it the basic model ?
  • Years ago a second hand Honda 400/4 took me everywhere quite enjoyably. Not great brakes mind but in VFM terms it was brilliant. Sold it for what I paid for it.

I’m always impressed with anything that someone says helps improve health and weight loss. A quick scan on Amazon shows several Nutribullet models at varying prices. Is there a specific one that you would recommend.

Thanks Prague
    Isn't it just a blender?

Thanks Prague
    Isn't it just a blender?
    No, it’s not JUST a blender, it’s a blender for people who feel they can take a short cut to being thinner and healthier by liquidising a load of stuff their bodies don’t need and drinking an end result their eyes and gagging reflexes are telling them they should avoid.

• seth plum said:

Years ago a second hand Honda 400/4 took me everywhere quite enjoyably. Not great brakes mind but in VFM terms it was brilliant. Sold it for what I paid for it.

I loved the old 400/4 Seth.
  • Charlton Athletic FC. Paid £90m for it yesterday and have got a really good feeling about it.

Thanks Prague
    Isn't it just a blender?
    No, it’s not JUST a blender, it’s a blender for people who feel they can take a short cut to being thinner and healthier by liquidising a load of stuff their bodies don’t need and drinking an end result their eyes and gagging reflexes are telling them they should avoid.

not a fan? (also not a shortcut)
  • My penis extension kit.