Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The bottle thrower

Comments

• What if it had hit a child or elderly person on the head en route?

Luckily it didn't.

If it is correct that the stewards did nothing then frankly I'm amazed.
  • My guess is the stewards would have been waiting for the control room to tell them who it was.

If as @Carter said they didn't know who it was maybe the camera hadn't picked him up or they need to review it first.
  • I think a lot of the crowd were pointing out exactly who had thrown it.
  • Let's be honest the lad was probably pxxxed off with having a warm carlsberg so just decided to get rid of it. I see it hit Sarr did he pass it sideways. On a serious note how can you afford to pay that price for a bottle of beer and then launch it. Hope who ever done gets caught and thrown from the north upper by Nabby Sarrr
  • Just seen this thread. Disgusting behaviour by the person involved & the FA / FL should charge them with possessing a potential weapon/projectile & any other misdemeanours going.........but wont & will probably give you family club of the year along with the League One trophy as they have galvanised the supporters together.

:neutral:

It’s alteady been mooted on here that the perpetrator was probably a rogue ‘Wall supporter.
  • I thought Meire had an appearance during the second half
  • Happened just to the right and behind me. The odd thing was initially there was laughter, but it quickly turned to boo's and "chuck them out". Stewards didn't seem to be interested in finding the perpetrator. Definitely hit Sarr and hurt him as he was rubbing his shoulder. Very dissapoined that Sarr seemed to be singled out today, he was no worse than many of them in that diabolical first half.

There is no way that useless cunt was meant to hit sarr.

He was shit though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe he was aiming at the stricken Leon Best? Put him out of his misery and all that
  • It landed not far from me, there were a couple of kids nearby. Did he get caught?
  • edited January 2018
    Croydon said:

From the N Upper, hit Sarr on the shoulder.

Shame it hasn't ruled him out for a few weeks
    Should point out this was a joke, albeit a poor one, would never wish injury on one of our own.

As for whoever threw the bottle, plank behaviour.
  • No ones died no ones hurt - yes stupid, as for Sarr being a brave athletic man, shame he hasn’t been so brave and courageous on the pitch, of course it’s not right but let’s please not even go down the route of this being a race issue it’s likely a kid just acting up hopefully receives a lengthy ban. 1st day of the year and we’re 80 + comments deep in a whodunit meanwhile Gillingham have just done the double over us happy new year all.
  • More importantly. How did he get a bottle top?
    Need to up security on both entry to ground and at food outlets

Tbh you can walk in with lighters, also it’s not the same but last few seasons we have all been throwing lots of stuff on the pitch so can’t have it both ways
  • Meant a bit tongue in cheek.

Bring your own in.
    Last season i kept a coke bottle lid at my flat and grabbed it before i left for matchdays, just because they take them doesnt stop people bringing there own in
    Wut?

I walked in with a unopened bottle of coca cola in the East Stand today (as per every game), got my bag checked with the bottle clearly visible yet they never remove the top these days.

Strangely though they werent happy to let me in with a can of coke once and had to drink it outside or throw it away
  • Sponsored links:

I walked in with a unopened bottle of coca cola in the East Stand today (as per every game), got my bag checked with the bottle clearly visible yet they never remove the top these days.

Strangely though they werent happy to let me in with a can of coke once and had to drink it outside or throw it away
    Not on the pitch, I hope
  • Golfie jnr usually brings in his own bottle of water. Never searched. Funny, because away at Wimbledon in the cup last month I was searched but they left him alone as he was a "minor". Strange behaviour as I could have given him stuff to bring in for me.

More importantly. How did he get a bottle top?

Tbh you can walk in with lighters, also it’s not the same but last few seasons we have all been throwing lots of stuff on the pitch so can’t have it both ways

Just got woken up at 5.30 by fire alarm in hotel after travelling up from West Country for yesterday’s game. Can’t get back to sleep so a few observations on the incident.
    1. It looked like it just touched on Sarr,s shoulder as he was turning away.
    2. There was a splash of liquid as it fell to turf so no bottle top in place.
    3. Didn’t see point of origin but from my seat in middle of north upper behind goal I thought it came from lower north to the right hand side of the goal but enough people here seem to think north upper and there was a general commotion to my right (H block and to the right) to suggest that some had seen the area from which thrown.
    4. Shortly afterwards a plastic bottle (containing liquid) was thrown from somewhere to the rear of north upper which landed three or four rows in front of me where someone had been sitting seconds previously but had moved to the aisle for better view of the on-pitch incident.
    5. The bottle on pitch was put to one side by a gills player.

Comment: the suggestion that it was a millwall supporter seems incredulous and is seemingly totally without foundation. On the face of it the target did appear to be Saar.

Now 6.15 so going to try and get back to sleep!

• Nothing ever beats the Oldham match from a few years back where there was a fella sat in front of us North Upper constantly shouting out at the Oldham fans “organised crime, organised crime, organised fucking crime!”

Young steward came up to have a word and the fella told him to F off and as the steward walked away the fella pulled a three quarter full pint from under his seat and threw it all down said stewards back.

Next thing an older steward appeared and asked a few people what had happened then came up to the fella and said “you’re going to have to go”. Most surprising thing was the chap just got up and left without a single argument more!
  • 1) You have just explained he threw his pint over a steward so clearly needed to go and buy another one.

Or

2) He had consumed quite a few and the stewards comments that he "had to go" was a timely reminder.

Not really surprising he got up and left all things considered.
  • Redrobo said:

1) You have just explained he threw his pint over a steward so clearly needed to go and buy another one.

Or

2) He had consumed quite a few and the stewards comments that he "had to go" was a timely reminder.

Not really surprising he got up and left all things considered.

More that I was surprised that he did it without any issue , we were expecting an almighty kick off but up he got and off he went. I sometimes think that if the heavy mob had come in mob handed and dealt with it we’d have seen a different outcome.
  • Sounds like they could do with a bit of bottle,
    So fair play.

Seriously? You're supporting someone chucking stuff at a Charlton player? Or any player for that matter?
  • If they identify him / her I hope they chop his nuts off or sow some on.
  • If they identify him / her I hope they chop his nuts off or sow some on.

Wooahh!!! I was quite happy to donate my testicles to Katrien SHG... BUT!