Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The bottle thrower

Comments

• edited January 2018
    Take away the ishness of the act there is a certain irony that out of a gaggle of Jills players, Sarr was obviously walking around bemused and out of position even after the final whistle, when the full/empty/half full/half empty/green/clear/bottle of beer/bottle of water/with a top on/without a top on/with a smuggled in top on was thrown...
  • i know I shouldn't but pmsl.
    I really can't see the humour in this. Why's it funny to take the piss out of someone for losing an eye as a result of a childhood accident?
  • didn't he play for us many years ago (on loan)??
  • Gillis said:

i know I shouldn't but pmsl.
    I really can't see the humour in this. Why's it funny to take the piss out of someone for losing an eye as a result of a childhood accident?
    Perhaps the humour is laughing at the knobs throwing the fake eyes.
  • Rudders22 said:

didn't he play for us many years ago (on loan)??

I think you mean Greg Shields?
  • Rudders22 said:

didn't he play for us many years ago (on loan)??

No you are thinking of Greg Sheilds, the full back we signed from Dunfermline.
  • Sponsored links:

• My parents bought me Gary Mabbut's autobiography to try and cheer me up when I was first diagnosed with diabetes. He wrote that just after he returned after his diagnosis, he was playing at Everton and someone threw a bag of sweets at him and shouted "eat those you spastic"

Didn't make me feel better to be honest.

I bet Mabbut just gets on with it though. Not like you, going on and on about it all the time and going to the toilet every 5 minutes.
  • BBC saying that apparently Jake Livermore's "spat" with a fan last night was down to the fan saying something about his son, who had died a couple of years back.

If so it is about as scummy as you can get - not only should the bloke be banned for life he should be fined and/or locked up. We all get worked up at games but that is unacceptable in so many ways.
  • Gillis said:

i know I shouldn't but pmsl.
    Perhaps the humour is laughing at the knobs throwing the fake eyes.
    I still don't get it, but fair enough.
  • in fairness that link when you originally put it up was about a player picking up a chocolate bar and eating it that was thrown on the pitch.

if it was about the fake eyes then yeah don't really get the humour.
  • in fairness that link when you originally put it up was about a player picking up a chocolate bar and eating it that was thrown on the pitch.

Two separate links to two different stories posted by different people. Links to both the chocolate bar story and the fake eyes story are still there further up the thread.
  • Gillis said:

in fairness that link when you originally put it up was about a player picking up a chocolate bar and eating it that was thrown on the pitch.

Two separate links to two different stories posted by different people. Links to both the chocolate bar story and the fake eyes story are still there further up the thread.
    fair cop misread

• From the N Upper, hit Sarr on the shoulder.

It didn't hit anyone as far as I could see and I saw the bottle land. Hope the individual is banned.
  • Sponsored links:

• From the N Upper, hit Sarr on the shoulder.

It didn't hit anyone as far as I could see and I saw the bottle land. Hope the individual is banned.
    I think it did. He brushed his shoulder and pulled his shirt to have a look.
  • My parents bought me Gary Mabbut's autobiography to try and cheer me up when I was first diagnosed with diabetes. He wrote that just after he returned after his diagnosis, he was playing at Everton and someone threw a bag of sweets at him and shouted "eat those you spastic"

I deny anything that @bolloxbolder may post about me and that nice Mr Mabbut when he played at the Valley.
  • Addickted said:

My parents bought me Gary Mabbut's autobiography to try and cheer me up when I was first diagnosed with diabetes. He wrote that just after he returned after his diagnosis, he was playing at Everton and someone threw a bag of sweets at him and shouted "eat those you spastic"

I deny anything that @bolloxbolder may post about me and that nice Mr Mabbut when he played at the Valley.
    I've pm'd you my account details. You have the rest of the day to put a significant contribution in there or I shall reveal your abuse of a former England great.
  • Addickted said:

My parents bought me Gary Mabbut's autobiography to try and cheer me up when I was first diagnosed with diabetes. He wrote that just after he returned after his diagnosis, he was playing at Everton and someone threw a bag of sweets at him and shouted "eat those you spastic"

I've pm'd you my account details. You have the rest of the day to put a significant contribution in there or I shall reveal your abuse of a former England great.
    Good job no one around me pissed themselves laughing then.
  • JamesSeed said:

Sounds like they could do with a bit of bottle,
    So fair play.

Seriously? You're supporting someone chucking stuff at a Charlton player? Or any player for that matter?
    Haha it was a joke, one that I thought was obvious. I don’t care if someone did or didn’t throw a bottle at someone to be honest.
  • JamesSeed said:

So fair play.

Seriously? You're supporting someone chucking stuff at a Charlton player? Or any player for that matter?
    Haha it was a joke, one that I thought was obvious. I don’t care if someone did or didn’t throw a bottle at someone to be honest.
    Oh the innocence of youth!
  • JamesSeed said:

So fair play.

Thats alright then. Just let me know where you sit & I'll make sure I have plenty with me on sat.
  • More chance of hitting him with one of them than a golf ball eh?
  • JamesSeed said:

So fair play.

Thats alright then. Just let me know where you sit & I'll make sure I have plenty with me on sat.
    He'll be at home, you'll need a good arm.