Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton revive New Year Loving Cup tradition

2»

Comments

• seth plum said:

For some reason that Colchester game was the only one in London that New Year, from memory we had a bumper attendance as a result, and it was a rip roaring game too at our beautiful old Valley.

15,000+. Won 4 - 1
    Yes, I remember it as 15,000 as well. Our promotion season.
  • edited January 2018
    I was at that 3-0 Wrexham away. It was over Christmas or something, and a mates girlfriends family had moved from Kidbrooke to Wolverhampton, so her dad drove us to the Wrexham match. We struggled to find the stadium so gave a lift to a Wrexham fan to guide us, in the car he proceeded to diss Charlton thoroughly and told us we would get thrashed, which I thought a bit ungracious.
    Still we gave them a sound lesson in attacking play (Powell was very good, as was Peacock) and I believe it was a good holiday period overall that season.
  • What a great picture of the Valley!
  • seth plum said:
    I was at that 3-0 Wrexham away. It was over Christmas or something, and a mates girlfriends family had moved from Kidbrooke to Wolverhampton, so her dad drove us to the Wrexham match. We struggled to find the stadium so gave a lift to a Wrexham fan to guide us, in the car he proceeded to diss Charlton thoroughly and told us we would get thrashed, which I thought a bit ungracious. Still we gave them a sound lesson in attacking play (Powell was very good, as was Peacock) and I believe it was a good holiday period overall that season.
    I remember sitting with the kitchen radio that day following football on radio five. Getting bored I started scrolling through the channels when an exited Peter Burrows burst out ‘so it’s Wrexham 0 Charlton 1’  I’d stumbled upon a knew radio station called LBC with a reporter at all the London sides games. 
  • edited January 2023
    Lets hope we never ger anyone as bad using it again
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2023

Loving Cup moment celebrating my mate Stu’s 50th in the 1905 yesterday. Nice touch and lovely moment with one of our finest, Keith Peacock.
    Thanks for sharing  @Pavoren007

Hope you looked after it : - )

• Loving Cup moment celebrating my mate Stu’s 50th in the 1905 yesterday. Nice touch and lovely moment with one of our finest, Keith Peacock.
    Thanks for sharing  @Pavoren007

Hope you looked after it : - )

Was a bit nervous holding it when Keith explained its history, but couldn’t pass up the opportunity and not a scratch…promise 😉