Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton revive New Year Loving Cup tradition

2»

Comments

• Options

seth plum said:

For some reason that Colchester game was the only one in London that New Year, from memory we had a bumper attendance as a result, and it was a rip roaring game too at our beautiful old Valley.

15,000+. Won 4 - 1
    Yes, I remember it as 15,000 as well. Our promotion season.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I was at that 3-0 Wrexham away. It was over Christmas or something, and a mates girlfriends family had moved from Kidbrooke to Wolverhampton, so her dad drove us to the Wrexham match. We struggled to find the stadium so gave a lift to a Wrexham fan to guide us, in the car he proceeded to diss Charlton thoroughly and told us we would get thrashed, which I thought a bit ungracious.
    Still we gave them a sound lesson in attacking play (Powell was very good, as was Peacock) and I believe it was a good holiday period overall that season.
  • Options
    What a great picture of the Valley!
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I was at that 3-0 Wrexham away. It was over Christmas or something, and a mates girlfriends family had moved from Kidbrooke to Wolverhampton, so her dad drove us to the Wrexham match. We struggled to find the stadium so gave a lift to a Wrexham fan to guide us, in the car he proceeded to diss Charlton thoroughly and told us we would get thrashed, which I thought a bit ungracious. Still we gave them a sound lesson in attacking play (Powell was very good, as was Peacock) and I believe it was a good holiday period overall that season.
    I remember sitting with the kitchen radio that day following football on radio five. Getting bored I started scrolling through the channels when an exited Peter Burrows burst out ‘so it’s Wrexham 0 Charlton 1’  I’d stumbled upon a knew radio station called LBC with a reporter at all the London sides games. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Lets hope we never ger anyone as bad using it again
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023

Loving Cup moment celebrating my mate Stu’s 50th in the 1905 yesterday. Nice touch and lovely moment with one of our finest, Keith Peacock.
    Thanks for sharing  @Pavoren007

Hope you looked after it : - )

• Options

Loving Cup moment celebrating my mate Stu’s 50th in the 1905 yesterday. Nice touch and lovely moment with one of our finest, Keith Peacock.
    Thanks for sharing  @Pavoren007

Hope you looked after it : - )

Was a bit nervous holding it when Keith explained its history, but couldn’t pass up the opportunity and not a scratch…promise 😉