Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Regrets

edited January 2018 in General Charlton
If we hadn’t have sacked Dowie in our relegation season I strongly believe we would have survived that season. And who knows.. we may have still been in the prem now.

There are a lot of regrets from that season and many mistakes made in the years before and after. What things still bug you?

Comments

• who are we talking about ?? Dowie..........or Reed ??
  • who are we talking about ?? Dowie..........or Reed ??

Or Fraeye???
  • Regrets? I've had a few. But there again too few to mention.
  • no no regrets-----catchy maybe someone could do a song ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Not going to the 4-2 win against Arsenal at Highbury. Had a ticket thought I would play for my Sunday team then watch in the pub later.
  • I regret that Adolph Hitler invaded Poland in 1939, then we wouldn't have had to go to war with Germany, the Gliksteins would have rebuilt the Valley to become the Highbury of South London, bought more top ranking Players, (Stanley Matthews was being mentioned at the time), and we would still be in the top flight. Bloody Adolph Hitler. What became of him anyway?

129 year old portrait painter in a small town in Argentina, so I’ve been told by someone ITK.
  • Je ne rien regrette

No, nothing at all,
    No, I regret nothing
    Not the good things they did to me
    Nor the bad -- may as well be the same to me!

No, nothing at all,
    No, I regret nothing.
    It's bought and paid for, wiped away, forgotten,
    I don't give a damn about the past!

With my memories
    I've lit up the fire
    Of my troubles, my pleasures,
    I don't need them any more!

Wiped away the romances
    And all their instabilities
    Swept away for eternity
    I restart at zero

No, nothing at all,
    No, I regret nothing
    Not the good things they did to me
    Nor the bad -- may as well be the same to me!

No, nothing at all,
    No, I regret nothing
    Because my life, because my joys
    Today, I begin with you
  • Selling Yann for peanuts.

Biggest mistake we've made over the last decade.

Replacing him with polish Pete.
    Even bigger mistake
  • Roland.
  • I'd go a bit further back than what might have been with Dowie.
    Letting Curbs walk away a year too early is where this all went wrong.
  • Not going Millwall in the snow.
  • Personal regrets - not going to the Valencia friendly, and the Chelsea league cup away win.

Did plan to go to the Chelsea game, ran it past she who must be obeyed who suggested I give that one a miss and we'd go out that evening instead. I said ok, thinking we going to lose anyway. That evening she gets in from work and says she's tired and do I mind if we don't go out - no problem I think, we're going to lose / your not going to miss anything. Then we went and won, on penalties, Murinho first defeat at the Bridge - I was furious !

Since that episode I stopped asking for permission and just stated where I was going and what time I'd be back.

Er actually it wasn’t ‘Murinho’’s first defeat at the Bridge. Apparently it didn’t count as it wasn’t in 90 minutes...
  • Sponsored links:

• My biggest regret is getting into a stupid fight at the play off final and getting thrown out after 15 minutes.

I also missed the Battle of Stamford bridge as I went to stay with my girlfriend in Wales for the week.
  • Selling Yann for peanuts.

Biggest mistake we've made over the last decade.

Replacing him with polish Pete for 7 mins.
    Even bigger mistake
  • Thinking that Meire and RD were good for the Club when they took over. How wrong was I?
  • edited January 2018
    dickplumb said:

Thinking that Meire and RD were good for the Club when they took over. How wrong was I?

You and many others.

There were some who still thought they were still good for the club until KM left!
  • edited January 2018
    Curbs never given the financial backing that Dowie received.
  • Probably will be at about 5.00 - after going today!
  • Did one of the Anglo Italian Cup away games, been to four different Countries seeing pre season friendlies but my biggest regret is that I've never seen our Club in a 'real' European competition - even though I know we'd get knocked out by the likes of TNS, Kilmarnock or Glentoran rather than a glamour tie at a big European Club.
  • Kap10 said:

Curbs never given the financial backing that Dowie received.

I think he was, he just didn't want to waste it on the likes of Traore and JFH.

One of Curb's strengths was the value he got on the players he bought in, which is massive plus for a Club of our resources.
  • My biggest regret is getting into a stupid fight at the play off final and getting thrown out after 15 minutes.

What an absolute nightmare. What happened?
  • Being in the Black Bull Lewisham when F Troop came in.