Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool Away 27/01/2018 - Roll Call?

Comments

• Thanks @SE7toSG3 i shall do my best to come along to the gathering on behalf of Jimmy Armfield. I shall look out for both pubs too as always nice to go in a mixed boozer or even just fellow addicks.
  • Me + 5 Blackpool fans on this one
  • edited January 2018
    I hope all those staying over after the game will be in good voice during it as a warm up for some karaoke during the evening :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

I hope all those staying over after the game will be in good voice during it as a warm up for some karaoke during the evening :wink:

Oooh ! Where, RC ?
  • RedChaser said:

I am game , up for a bit of karaoke.
  • RedChaser said:

Oooh ! Where, RC ?
    Spoilt for choice really Fanny but Knobby's just off the promenade is popular.
  • RedChaser said:

Top night out.
  • RedChaser said:

Top night out.
    Probably is for you elfs but 99% of everyone else pay for their night out.
  • clb74 said:

RedChaser said:

Top night out.
    Probably is for you elfs but 99% of everyone else pay for their night out.
    The other 1% are very good people.
  • Might have another mate coming along now, so a couple of questions?
    Is there going to be a few tickets sold for Charlton fans on the day? If so when would be best to get these, Southend had to wait for coach and was around 1130.
    Are the seats as printed/ reserved or can we sit anywhere as normal with most away grounds.

Looking forward to this! obviously the night out after too
  • Sponsored links:

Is there going to be a few tickets sold for Charlton fans on the day? If so when would be best to get these, Southend had to wait for coach and was around 1130.
    Are the seats as printed/ reserved or can we sit anywhere as normal with most away grounds.

We'll have a maximum of 400 up there, so I imagine the ticket office will tell you to pay at the turnstiles.

We'll have a maximum of 400 up there, so I imagine the ticket office will tell you to pay at the turnstiles.
    Sweet cheers, i imagined it would be fine. If not he can go back in the hotel for a couple of hours lol

I would assume not reserved seats as per the tickets?
  • edited January 2018
    @johnnybev1987 As Elfs said tickets should be on sale on the day probably at the turnstile. As for seat allocation I'd expect It'll be sit where you like as the away end holds 2,500.

Here's what the Football Grounds Guide says about the away end;

Away fans are housed in the Stan Mortensen (North) Stand, at one end of the ground. Up to 2,500 supporters can be accommodated in this area. For visiting supporters this is an improvement on the East Stand that has been used in previous seasons, as the facilities are generally better and there are no supporting pillars to contend with, meaning that you get a fine view of the action. Food inside ground includes a range of Pies; Potato & Meat, Steak, Cheese & Onion (£2.50), Sausage Rolls (£2), Cheese Pasties (£2) and Hot Dogs (£3).

Sweet cheers, i imagined it would be fine. If not he can go back in the hotel for a couple of hours lol

I would assume not reserved seats as per the tickets?
    The grey haired fella singing his heart out will be Mr Chaser.
  • RedChaser said:

@johnnybev1987 As Elfs said tickets should be on sale on the day probably at the turnstile. As for seat allocation I'd expect It'll be sit where you like as the away end holds 2,500.

Here's what the Football Grounds Guide says about the away end;

Away fans are housed in the Stan Mortensen (North) Stand, at one end of the ground. Up to 2,500 supporters can be accommodated in this area. For visiting supporters this is an improvement on the East Stand that has been used in previous seasons, as the facilities are generally better and there are no supporting pillars to contend with, meaning that you get a fine view of the action. Food inside ground includes a range of Pies; Potato & Meat, Steak, Cheese & Onion (£2.50), Sausage Rolls (£2), Cheese Pasties (£2) and Hot Dogs (£3).

Thanks mate, just trying to get my other mate involved and makes sense. I cant really describe me but one of my mates is tall 6foot 5 so he will stick out like a sore thumb. I am the older looking guy (people always think i am a bit older haha)

• SE7toSG3 said:

So whats everyones plan? Protest or no protest? I would ideally be going to find a pub around 12 and after to watch spurs game as mate follows them. I dont feel its going to be a big following this maybe 300ish ? Cant remember how many we took to fleetwood but seemed around 800 so would be good if we can do similar as they wont have many more themselves. Going to be good atmosphere lots of room :)

Just off the phone to the Blackpool protest group, they have decided not to protest given the death of Jimmy Armfield, though the Oyston's have promised that gate receipts will be passed onto the hospice that cared for Jimmy, it is ambiguous how much and does not include away fan tickets, just home walk ups only.

The group are confident that many will not be breaking their boycott but instead donating the full ticket price to the hospice direct, so they do not inspect more than a couple of thousand home fans in the ground.

In addition the supporters are holding their own short commemoration at the Jimmy Armfield Statue on the corner of Bloomfield Road/Seasiders way at 1430, this is neither a club event or a protest but an informal gathering/silence and hope that as many travelling Addick's can join them for this.

With regards to pre-match drinks the Old Bridge is an away fans pub just 3 mins from the ground and just up from the statue head north down Lytham Road (just off of Bloomfield Road), also for a mixed home/away fans pub try the Albert head south down the Lytham Road (just off Bloomfield Road) around 7 mins from the ground.

Hope that's helpful @Rock Spectacle may have more advice re the nearby pubs.
    Bumping this.
  • Pitch inspection. 1.30pm
  • Roll Call?

May I have an egg mayo with tomato and a ham, mustard and cucumber, please? Soft floury baps if possible, thanks.
  • Crusty or soft
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    Hope this one goes ahead, my son was up at 5:30am this morning to get the coach up there, he won’t be happy if it’s called off, especially as he’s used his birthday money to fund it!
  • Pitch inspection. 1.30pm

Another pitch inspection!
  • edited January 2018
    Oh bolox - Robinson says its off
  • Respect to the players and staff at the jimmy Armfield Memorial
  • Got as far as Preston.
  • I feel for those who have gone up there.
  • Anyone remember port vale away in the 70s.
    Almost reached the ground before game was called off.
    Quite an eventful afternoon.
  • I remember going up to Villa late 60s. Called off and it was icy and cold. We went looking for crumpet in the suburbs. The things you do when you're 15.