Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How polluted is your road?

Comments

• Options
    Don’t know if I’m having a whoosh! moment here but, this is total bollox.
    Where I live in Charlton in a quiet close is 2 (OK, it near a busy road) But if I put in where I work on the busy New Cross Road this is also 2, but put the pub opposite where from where I work in, different post code but less than 20 yards away it’s 4. Now I know a few people have a ciggies outside, but come on!
  • Options
    Home and work are both 1. St. Anne's on the Sea. The borough (Fylde) has a rating of 1 as well. Might change when they start fracking.
  • Options
    3, unsurprising seeing as we live right next to Lewisham Station, with about 150 bus routes
  • Options
    My house: 1, my work: 3
  • Options
    1 in rural North Dorset - breath deeply :wink:
  • Options
    1 which surprises me as I throw most of my shit straight out of my flat window.
  • Options
    1 for me
  • Options
    Right, lets put this 'its grim oop north' myth to bed once and for all.

Mines a 1 :wink:

• Options
    Grew up and live in a 2, work in a 3.

Happy to spend less time in the 3 on the sound advice of the Beeb.
  • Options
    1 (Bexley)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3 which is amazing as I live on the bloody south circular.
  • Options
    1 which is the average for Hastings.
  • Options

2 - both my road in Eltham (home) and Southampton (uni)

Do remember the score is its likelihood to exceed its target. My road in Eltham is very quite but I live on one of the busiest roads in Southampton yet score 2 for both.

Used to live on the South Circular (Well Hall Road) guess that would be quite high.
  • Options
  • Options
    1 for me.
  • Options

2 - both my road in Eltham (home) and Southampton (uni)

Do remember the score is its likelihood to exceed its target. My road in Eltham is very quite but I live on one of the busiest roads in Southampton yet score 2 for both.

Used to live on the South Circular (Well Hall Road) guess that would be quite high.
    Just checked old Eltham address....2.
  • Options
    EastStand said:

You finally moved then!
  • Options

EastStand said:

You finally moved then!
    Haha eventually - stupid London rental prices.
  • Options
    home 1
    Work 3, which I cannot believe. (Gower Street WC1E)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1 for my street in rural North Yorkshire. Would have been surprised if it was anything higher.
  • Options
    1 not surprising. Most of the pollution in our road is horse shit.
  • Options

EastStand said:

You finally moved then!
    See above....Well Hall Road was only a 2....but it did have those trees on either side of the road (Plane trees?) which help suck up the pollution.
  • Options
    2 at home (surprising as I can see Sittingbourne Paper Mill out of my bathroom window), but 5 at work (Crossways, Dartford)
  • Options
    3 for me in Rotherhithe. But then living in a Millwall catchment area can be quite dirty...
  • Options

This is lower than the average for Lewisham, which is 3 out of 6 (slightly polluted)
  • Options

2 at home (surprising as I can see Sittingbourne Paper Mill out of my bathroom window), but 5 at work (Crossways, Dartford)

Not surprised by Crossways, the tunnel area is an obvious pollution blackspot
  • Options

But only a 2 for my Mum's house, which is about 5/10 min walk from the entrance to the Dartford Tunnel.

• Options
    1 at home which is surprising as I am only a few hundred yards from the M2 as the crow flies and back onto a link road which can be very busy at school drop off and collection times in particular.

2 at work but I do work near @Henry Irving country and he has been known to emit the odd bit of hot air :wink:
  • Options
    2 in Catford. Shortly moving to a 3 in Lewisham.