Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life Glossary

Comments

• Options
    Fans Forum - an inclusive meeting hosted by the club at which agents of Roland Duchatelet obfuscate and lie about, well, pretty much everything. Oh and blame people, lots of blaming.
  • Options
    Roll over can be added to hair cut and clean title when the Ex directors loans are discussed.
  • Options
    Hair cut - something that can only be explained with a house buying analogy
    Haircut might be the most frigging annoying of them all in all of Charlton Life's history!
  • Options
    Chez Curb_It - The White Swan 
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    Headlock, heading your way.
  • Options
    Roland: who?
  • Options
    The next two weeks could be crucial = I haven't a feckin clue whats going on but I just want to contribute something
  • Options
    HE : His Excellency Tahnoon Nimer
  • Options
    Fish puns: a holding sequence of a series of bad fish puns by different (but usually the same) posters when there is little to report/discuss on a thread. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    HarryLime said:
    The next two weeks could be crucial = I haven't a feckin clue whats going on but I just want to contribute something
    True with its origins relating to an overly optimistic prediction regarding the sale of the club by Roland Duchatelet ( also see ‘imminent’ and ‘done deal’)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    HarryLime said:
    True with its origins relating to an overly optimistic prediction regarding the sale of the club by Roland Duchatelet ( also see ‘imminent’ and ‘done deal’)
    At least it was the potential buyers’ (deeply flawed) prediction :-)
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    Headlock, heading your way.
    Your real name's not Robson-Kanu by any chance, is it?  ;)
  • Options
    Chill
  • Options
    Pussies

Only by one person so far but it's gathering momentum.
  • Options
    Divine Elders
  • Options
    Do one! = I don’t agree with you. 
  • Options
    Charlton height test - an undefined minimum height for transfer targets (esp. defenders) regardless of skill or even heading ability on the assumption that route 1 is still the standard tactical approach to football. 
  • Options
    HarryLime said:
    The next two weeks could be crucial = I haven't a feckin clue whats going on but my life is so empty I am desperately seeking some, any, crumbs of validation and believe that relentless posting on this tiny forum impresses many people I have never met nor will likely ever meet.
    yes, I get the irony
  • Options
    Toolbox - a football ground where a point is the best we can hope for 
  • Options
    Have a word with yourself - you and I disagree on something
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tool = often found in a Toolbox
  • Options
    pwopa nawty - a hooligan with a lisp and/or dyselxia
  • Options
    Maybe this is the strange thing Bowyer talked about - used to explain anything going on at the club that hasn’t appeared to have gone as smoothly or happened as quickly as expected.
  • Options
    Shit stirrer - Anyone who posts about the ownership of the club / The Valley 

Bed wetter - Anyone who reads about the ownership of the club/ The Valley 
  • Options
    Fit and Proper Persons Test - ... um... no, sorry. Not a clue.
  • Options
    Fit and Proper Persons Test - ... um... no, sorry. Not a clue.
    Can you write your own Name? -  Yes, you can be an owner

Do you have a criminal record- Yes, you too can be an owner unless another party finds out about your criminal record and makes the EFL look bad at which point we punish the club.

Have you been bankrupt or removed as director previously? See above. 

Do you have sufficient funds to run a football club? Evidence will be required after you have taken over the club. See above again.

Do you have any immediate links to another football club via 3rd party interest? No, you can be owner. 

Can you sign and date your name? Yes, you can be an owner.

Congratulations you have passed the EFL fit and Proper test. 

We wish you every success in your personal gain with your new toy. 

If you require any further information from the EFL, please do not hesitate to contact us on the below email addresses. Please note our response times.

EFLfitandproper@orgnaisedcrime.co.uk 48 hr response time. 

Charltontakeoverhelpdesk@orgnaisedcrime.co.uk. 28 days response time. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    ITK - In The Know - a coveted (sometimes self-anointed) descriptor for someone with inside knowledge. However accepted to be an ephemeral or even illusionary state due to actual events rapidly contradicting supposed knowledge. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Nigel - Person whose traits include wearing black hoodies, thumb sucking and relying on Police protection. Full Kit Wanker - See above
    Doh!