Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bury v Charlton 2018 post-match thread

1235»

Comments

• edited January 2018

RedChaser said:

SDAddick said:

Both Aribo and Dijksteel make the team of the week

Good for them. Hopefully a big boost for Dijlsteel who I thought looked ropey in the first half but really grew into the game. Bit harsh on Konsa who I thought was excellent.

As an aside, how ridiculous was Dijksteel's booking? It looks a lovely bit of defending where he used pace and strength to get across his man and shield the ball. I thought for sure Bury would score as it was eerily reminiscent of the not foul but actually excellent bit of defending from Jay DaSilva right before we conceded against Pompey (I think it was).
    Thought Dijksteel's booking was harsh especially with some of the Bury challenges going in unpunished and he did the right thing in easing the player over the touchline. Whether it was a legitimate shoulder to shoulder charge I couldn't tell from behind the goal but he had to make it. Maybe Konsa should have been chosen over him but good luck to the lad both Dijksteel and Aribio (who was picked up from Non League Slough in 2015) are very good prospects.
    As a long term resident of Staines, I can confirm Joe has no links to Jervaiseville.
    Ah Ricky Gervais;
    I was close, West of London and spelt with an S. Duly amended :blush:

• Where have I seen him before .... in a Charlton tracksuit?