Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bundesliga

Comments

• Options
    SO I have been through the flow chart on the front page of the Bundesliga web site and I am now a Fortuna Dusseldorf supporter.  I did not look at the league table first, and they are third from bottom.  I have been on to their web shop and bought a shirt too.  I need to commit. 

• Options
    EastStand said:
    Every game being shown on BT Sport this weekend...
    *crying with joy* 

Cmon FC Union Berlin (the Dulwich Hamlet of Germany).
    Full of trendy hipsters in their scarves who only go there to drink beer and talk to their mates?  ;)
  • Options
    pickwick said:
    SO I have been through the flow chart on the front page of the Bundesliga web site and I am now a Fortuna Dusseldorf supporter.  I did not look at the league table first, and they are third from bottom.  I have been on to their web shop and bought a shirt too.  I need to commit. 

I’ve done the one on the Bundesliga site and the one below and both time’s I’ve landed on Augsburg so I guess they’re my time. All I really know about them is that they sometimes play in red and are perennially threatened with relegation, a recurring theme in my football support!

Looking forward to the football tomorrow. 

• Options
    Hannover were meant to be playing on Sunday but their opponents were Dynamo Dresden who had to cancel and go into lockdown because of two positive cases... not your day is it Paulie!!
  • Options
    I got Dortmund on both the Bundesliga.com version and the version above.
  • Options

This one gave me Freiburg, almost got Dortmund again!
  • Options
    Is a Hamster called Xander a weird pet if not then its Frankfurt.

Much prefer that version lol, at least it gives me a team to cheer on this wekend
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Anybody recommend any decent books on German football?
    (or podcasts / tv)
  • Options
    (or podcasts / tv)
    Read Tor ages ago, brilliant book on German football history.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    (or podcasts / tv)
    Read Tor ages ago, brilliant book on German football history.

• Options
    Not German football as a whole but specific to Borussia Dortmund, “Building the Yellow Wall” is a good read.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Dortmund are my German team. Sort of follow how they are doing, but will now be watching them more closely and cheering them on. My son likes German football and has been to a few games. Leverkusen are his team.
  • Options
    Having worked and lived in Frankfurt, Eintracht are my team. 
  • Options
    (or podcasts / tv)
    Raphael Honigstein is great on the modern game. I think he does podcasts too, he is a really good speaker, in English, was on the BBC the other day. 
  • Options
    The first Bundesliga.2 matches kick off shortly.

You can get into the spirit with your very own St Pauli facemask! https://www.fcsp-shop.com/en_DE/new/mundbedeckung-totenkopf-grau-sp242004
  • Options
    And Kiel have gone 1-0 up at Regensburg, smashed into the corner after a penalty. Cut to a bench full of people in facemasks. Looks wrong.

Aue now 1-0 at home to Sandhausen, a penalty greeted with a handful of cheers echoing around the ground. The ground looks a like a nicer version of the Den with as many empty blue seats.

It's eerie.
  • Options
    Maybe i'm blind but couldn't see a link here to the 'official' chart at https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga, so here it is (for the sake of completeness):

• Options
    Both Sancho and Lookman on the bench in their respective games today
  • Options
    Bets placed - here we go for some proper footy at last.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Christ this is soul destroying to watch
  • Options
    Dortmund have made a good start
  • Options
    I have done a treble -£10 on Dortmund win, Augsberg v Wolfsburg draw and Hoffenheim v Hertha draw.  
  • Options
    Without the crowd noise it’s like watching a really high quality preseason game. I’m just so happy there is any football - feels like the first Saturday I’ve had in months.
  • Options
    Lovely finish from Haaland

On first viewing I thought he'd fluked it with the ball hitting his knee
  • Options
    Good goal. A bet does help though.
  • Options
    Lovely finish from Haaland

On first viewing I thought he'd fluked it with the ball hitting his knee
    Think he could be an ideal replacement for Taylor. Come on Southall,  get your cheque book out. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Ordered some bratwurst from the guy that normally supplies the German Beer Keller places in London (he’s now delivering to households in SE London & Kent while those places are shut) for this weekend so we could have German Day in our house!

What's the website mate, I'd be interested in that. 
  • Options
    Philips would’ve saved that.