Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool away rearranged for Tues 13th March

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:

Have it

https://www.cafc.co.uk/home

I'll be there

Let me think about that mate, I've only just recovered from Saturday............Oh go on then I guess I'll have to take one for the team and make the 90 minute drive again :wink: .
  • Options
    Impossible to get there on a Tuesday without using holiday, glad its sooner rather than latter but i wont be going. Can envisage a low turn out here, but would be memorable.

Suppose i better call up and see if i get a refund for this weekend :)
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

I am meant to attend a meeting in Blackpool soon and the Wednesday morning on the 14th might be the ideal date. I will of course have to stay overnight the day before in order to get to the 9am meeting. I wonder what I could do on Tuesday evening?

You appear to have things in common with Rose and Crown.
  • Options
    The cheapest Advance train ticket prices are as follows
    Dep Euston 13.30 Arr Blackpool North 16.50 £30.00 [£19.80]

Dep Blackpool North 10.15 Arr Euston 14.00 £25.00 [£16.50]
    A rail replacement bus service is running between Preston/Blackpool in both directions,which takes about 30 mins.
    Railcard prices in brackets.
  • Options
    clive said:

A rail replacement bus service is running between Preston/Blackpool in both directions,which takes about 30 mins.

I understand from colleagues in the NW that don’t rely on the timetable for the buses to and from Preston/Blackpool.
  • Options
    clive said:

More like 45 minutes for that rail replacement
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Impossible to get there on a Tuesday without using holiday, glad its sooner rather than latter but i wont be going. Can envisage a low turn out here, but would be memorable.

I was told to send the tickets back by post with membership and booking reference and phone number. They will then contact you to recredit your debit/credit card.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I was told to send the tickets back by post with membership and booking reference and phone number. They will then contact you to recredit your debit/credit card.
    Thanks RC, seems a bit long winded but otherwise £45 down so needs must.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

clive said:

More like 45 minutes for that rail replacement
    On Saturday the journey took about 30 mins in both directions,Between Preston & Blackpool South the journey takes longer with stops at intermediate stations.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cobblers in Blackpool on the 1st, hoped it was going to be re-arranged for end of February.
  • Options
    We got a cab when last there (rather than the bus replacement) and that took 25 mins.
  • Options

What's the clubbing scene like in Blackpool on a Tuesday night in winter?

• Options
    Actually tempted might be on gardening leave at work

84 Charlton
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

What sort of club did you have in mind :wink:
  • Options
    clive said:

Thanks as always, Clive.

We intend making the trip again & wondering how far it is from Blackpool North station to the ground as had been looking at trains into Blackpool South.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Well, with my 70th only 9 days later, I'm packing my sequined boob tube & hot pants.....
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Well, with my 70th only 9 days later, I'm packing my sequined boob tube & hot pants.....
    I honestly thought you was about 35
  • Options

clive said:

Thanks as always, Clive.

We intend making the trip again & wondering how far it is from Blackpool North station to the ground as had been looking at trains into Blackpool South.
    Blackpool North is about a mile & half from the ground,but there is a bus every 15 mins from Preston direct to Blackpool North & there is a cab rank at the station.
  • Options
    clive said:

clive said:

Thanks as always, Clive.

Blackpool North is about a mile & half from the ground,but there is a bus every 15 mins from Preston direct to Blackpool North & there is a cab rank at the station.
    Thanks, Clive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Meeting booked on the 14th a leisurely travel to Blackpool on Tuesday. Let's hope I can get a ticket for this match. ;0)
    I heard that Blackpool South station opened on Monday.
  • Options
    If it was a Saturday, would be very tempting. January just doesn't appeal!
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

You could always try the millers in Bexley Fan, so I’m told.....
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up, Clive.
  • Options
    Booked up. 2 of us going.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

After last night's debacle, does this now mean you are hot pant-less; or do you have a selection?
  • Options
    I had a ticket for the original fixture, is it still valid for the rearranged fixture?
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

Oggy Red said:

After last night's debacle, does this now mean you are hot pant-less; or do you have a selection?
    Aw, thanks for your concern, CA !

TBH, I'm torn ( very nearly in fact !) between the leopard skin & the leather pair.....

Not sure which would go better with my varicose veins.

:smile:
  • Options

I had a ticket for the original fixture, is it still valid for the rearranged fixture?

Yes. You're also valid for free coach travel.