Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    Squad numbers here, by the way:

• Options
    Just catching up with some Charlton Women news and I see we’ve signed Sophie Hillyerd (goalkeeper from Man U) and initially thought that’s good that we’ve now got back up for Eartha Cumings - but then I noticed Sophie has been given the No 1 shirt and Eartha has No 13.
    Was Sophie signed as first choice? Or does Eartha just prefer the No 13 shirt? 
    I thought Eartha was quite impressive last year, so it would surprise me if she’s been displaced by a new signing (who’s only 18, by the way), but I’m sure someone on here could enlighten me!
    Either way, good luck to both keepers and the rest of the team for what hopefully will be a successful season.
    Eartha has been 13 since she signed for the club. Sophie is one for the future.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Just catching up with some Charlton Women news and I see we’ve signed Sophie Hillyerd (goalkeeper from Man U) and initially thought that’s good that we’ve now got back up for Eartha Cumings - but then I noticed Sophie has been given the No 1 shirt and Eartha has No 13.
    I thought Eartha was quite impressive last year, so it would surprise me if she’s been displaced by a new signing (who’s only 18, by the way), but I’m sure someone on here could enlighten me!
    Either way, good luck to both keepers and the rest of the team for what hopefully will be a successful season.
    Cheers. Didn’t know that about Eartha and No 13. 👍🏼
  • Options
    We’ll, good goalkeepers are nicknamed “cat”, so I guess Eartha is “catwoman”

😎
  • Options
    Bring shown live on cafc YouTube channel, ko2pm
    COYR
  • Options
    1-0 up!
    48 seconds!
  • Options
    Dominant so far.
  • Options
    1-1 HT. We've been the better side, unfortunate to be level i'd say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Winning 3 - 1
  • Options
    Winning 3 - 1
  • Options
    won 3-1
    well done 😀
  • Options
    Good result. Well done all! 👍🏼
  • Options
    Brilliant result.
    Kept getting chucked out of the YouTube channel though 😞
  • Options
    Brilliant result.
    Kept getting chucked out of the YouTube channel though 😞
    Yeah, same here. Not sure why they don’t put it on Charlton tv?
  • Options
    Well done. Great start for the Women!

• Options
    I really enjoyed that game, beautiful weather too!
  • Options
    Well done Ladies. 
  • Options
    So obvious how much better the team are this season, the difference is palpable. An absolute scorcher at Oakwood today and a screamer of a goal from Ella Rutherford. 

Really enjoyed that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A great start for the women's team and I really enjoyed that! Sunshine, good football and a few cracking goals.
  • Options
    BDL said:
    So obvious how much better the team are this season, the difference is palpable. An absolute scorcher at Oakwood today and a screamer of a goal from Ella Rutherford. 

Really enjoyed that!
    Dodgy announcer though.  ;)
  • Options
    Some great one-touch passing through the thirds. Looking forward to this campaign!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Good stuff
  • Options
    A really good game, and the 3-1 could easily have been more - I thought the Coventry keeper had a really good game and saved several shots I was convinced were going in. This should be a good confidence booster, in  league which is already looking more evenly matched than in previous seasons. Attendance was announced as 364 and it certainly felt like there were more there than there used to be. All good.

Next home game is Blackburn on the 26th. It was announced at the ground that kick-off for that one is being brought forward to noon.

If anyone's in the Durham area next Sunday, the away game is at the university sports centre near Maidens Castle. Postcode DH1 3SE, kick-off 12 noon.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Some sort of rupture in the space time continuum?  

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Some sort of rupture in the space time continuum?  

when taken out of context
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Good to hear the comments.
    Charlton woman appear to have had a total upgrade on the last two seasons and hope they can emulate and surpass the cafc team of Kit Graham and Liz Ajupi that finished 3rd to the Champions Man utd and the runners up Spurs who Cafc were 2 up on but unfortunately snatched defeat from the jaws of Victory.

Going to a professional set up and upgrade with Hills in charge and the help of Thomas Sandgaard this really could be the Renaissance of Cafc woman to past glories.