Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    Somebody just told me the tickets for the Palace game are in the same envelope.
  • Options
    I've always preferred the black shorts.
  • Options
    The women and girls have worn black shorts for most of the season. Few women's teams wear white now. 
  • Options
    Women's season tickets for 2023/4 now on sale 

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/202324-womens-season-tickets-sale-now

Mine as an over 65 looks like it will be £45 (adult £70) whereas I paid £30 last year. Although I think they were cheaper last year if as I also bought a men's ticket. 50% increase seems high. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Women's season tickets for 2023/4 now on sale 

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/202324-womens-season-tickets-sale-now

Mine as an over 65 looks like it will be £45 (adult £70) whereas I paid £30 last year. Although I think they were cheaper last year if as I also bought a men's ticket. 50% increase seems high. 
    The over 65 price is £40.
  • Options
    If you're coming to the Durham game at the Valley today, remember it's a noon kickoff. The last game of the season, against Palace in a fortnight, is back at the usual 2pm.
  • Options
    Winning 1-0

• Options
    2-0 now 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Won 2-0
  • Options
    A good enjoyable game. Charlton started off slowly and Durham had several half chances in the first 10 minutes. Then Charlton got a penalty against the run of play after 17 minutes to go 1-0 up. The rest of the first half was fairly even. However Charlton really got to grips with the game in second half and were far the better side, scored a second and could have had more. 
  • Options
    Real game of two halves today. Absolutely terrible in the first half, Durham could have been 3 or 4 up before our pen. A few goalmouth scrambles, a good save from Rogers and a shot off the post while we barely kept hold of the ball for more than a second. The pen was nailed on but we were fortunate it arrived to give us the lead. Briggs who scored the goal against us last time round at The Valley was playing as a kind of playmaker from left back for them and we didn't react to her passing range at all. We were really lucky that they for some reason decided to stop giving her the ball rather than us actually closing her down. There wasn't a left footed player in their back four but we didn't have Follis push down the right wing at all and Roe couldn't overlap, possibly because she picked up about three different injuries across the game.
    Second half we came out like a team actually looking to play and Durham completely ran out of steam. Ross coming on made a difference in the middle and suddenly our centre backs had time on the ball and we could spread the ball wide. Played some nice stuff and O'Rourke made some great runs down the wing to get the ball in the box. Lovely pass from Johnson and finish from Addison for the second goal but we could have added to it as the game went on. Bashford was good when she came on and Johnson looked very dangerous when she moved out to the wing.
    Both centre backs were serene as usual but Skeels really is another level. Manages to be our best defender, midfielder, playmaker and attacker depending on where she is on the pitch when the ball comes near her. Don't think she made a single clearance today, all perfectly timed cruyff turns and pivots to send the attackers off for a hot dog while she planned her next pass. Must be kept as long as possible but if she's this good at 21 she surely has a future in the WSL.
    She is a great player.  The only thing missing is a yard of pace but her technique and reading of the game is so good she might get away with it.
  • Options
    We just need to keep this team together and add a couple more players in the summer, other than Bristol City now stretching their lead, it's close between the next 3 teams of which we are one, and I firmly believe we can kick on and challenge for promotion next season. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    sam3110 said:
    We just need to keep this team together and add a couple more players in the summer, other than Bristol City now stretching their lead, it's close between the next 3 teams of which we are one, and I firmly believe we can kick on and challenge for promotion next season. 
    I agree. Promotion is probably too early for us this season, but the logical next step is to add a couple of the right players and with the expectation of players improving further, we could be well placed for a genuine charge next. If the rug isn't pulled of course.
  • Options
    Hope we can build and not sell  = really enjoyed watching the Womens team this season
  • Options
    Really important we keep this team together. Would love to see us add N'Dow and Rogers permanently, and then improve at left back, central midfield and on the right wing. If we get to a point where people like O'Rourke and Follis are squad players then we'll know we've got the depth we need in the squad. The big area to work on is central midfield though, we still haven't really got control enough in that area and we seem to have built it based on the availability of players rather than their individual profiles.
  • Options
    Mia Ross was the big difference in the second half yesterday. Simpkins suddenly improved.
  • Options
    Great to see Hannah Godfrey back running on the grass at Sparrows Lane yesterday after her injury.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2023
    23 Apr: Bristol City, away, 3pm. At Ashton Gate. £8 adult, £6 over-65 or under-22, £5 under-19, £4 under-12. Tickets from here.
    30 Apr: Crystal Palace, HOME, 2pm. At the Valley (not the Oakwood). £10 adult, £5 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.

Looking at the Bristol City ticket site they look to have about 1500 seats available. Probably a good idea to buy in advance rather than just turning up on the day. They're selling parking spaces but it's very close to full already. The game at the Valley will be sit-anywhere within the West Lower as there's always loads of spare seats. Hopefully with a 2pm kickoff we'll get a bigger crowd than we got for Durham.
  • Options
    The Palace game is at The Valley. Still 2pm kick off.

There was a delay in updating the fixtures on the website as the FA had to agree the change.

Tickets were sent out to season ticket holders in the same envelope as the Durham game.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    The Palace game is at The Valley. Still 2pm kick off.

There was a delay in updating the fixtures on the website as the FA had to agree the change.

Tickets were sent out to season ticket holders in the same envelope as the Durham game.
    Thanks. I knew that, I just totally failed to notice I was copying a fixture list from before the change was announced. Old age catching up with me...

That also means I had the ticket prices wrong - games at the Valley are £10 in advance rather than £8. I've edited my post to avoid misleading people.

Birmingham have just won their game in hand, which adds an edge to our game at Ashton Gate. City go up if they beat us, failing that they have to go to Birmingham on the last day and at least get a draw.
  • Options
    The match on Sunday at Bristol City can be watched live on FA Player. 
  • Options
    Watched on FA Player. Lost 4-0.

Another example of how awful the commentators are on FA Player. Very little knowledge of the players and basic errors.
  • Options
    I watched it until 3-0. I didn't think there was much difference between the sides apart from some minor details. It is probably a good thing we haven't been promoted as we could improve and make a real push next season. That is if the rug isn't pulled.

Actually, just watching the game, we had a few who were better than theirs and they were a better team. I think our weaker areas player wise are pretty evident which is a good thing. 
  • Options
    Any takeover rumours in here?
  • Options
    The National League (who run tiers 3 & 4) have been told that from next season it will be two up two down between the Championship and tier 3. No increase in promotion opportunities to tier 1. I suspect this will mean more clubs going full-time, as 2 down from 12 becomes more like 2 from 6 once you factor in that the part-time clubs are likely to be mainly in the bottom half of the table.