Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    Has Ella's injury been confirmed as ACL? 
  • Options
    The postponed Lewes game at the Oakwood will now be a midweek fixture, Weds 29 March, 6.45pm. Usual ticket prices.
  • Options
    I read an article on this recently and it suggested stud length was the problem. I'm not convinced on that argument, a variety of stud lengths have always been available, I personally always wore the minimum stud length I could get away with for the conditions.
  • Options
    Torn ACL by Ella confirmed officially

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/ella-rutherford-injury-update

Good luck to her 
  • Options
    That's sad for Ella. Isn't her contract up at the end of the season? I hope we extend while she recovers
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Not our day today. Lost 1-0 at Sheffield United.

19 Feb: week off, international weekend. Under-21s have a county cup game at Ashford Town (Middlesex) at 2pm. 
    26 Feb: Birmingham City, HOME, FA Cup round 5. 2pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £1 under-11, in advance. £2 extra on the day.
    5 Mar: Southampton, HOME, 2pm. At The Valley. £8 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day.
    12 Mar: Birmingham City, away, 2pm. At St Andrews. £8 adult, £6 senior or u-18, £1 u-11. Tickets from here.
    19 Mar: Coventry United, away, 2pm. At Butts Park, Coventry RFC. £7 adult, £5 concession, £3 under-16. Tickets from here.
    26 Mar: Sunderland, HOME, 12noon. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day.
    29 Mar: Lewes, HOME, 6:45pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day.
  • Options
    I was at the game. Felt we were unlucky not to get a draw. Quite a feisty game in parts. Very enjoyable afternoon out, apart from the result that is 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The postponed Blackburn away game has been slotted in on Weds 22 March. 

22 Mar: Blackburn Rovers, away, 6.45pm. At Bamber Bridge FC. £8 adult, £4 under-18 or "senior". Tickets (not on sale yet) from here.
  • Options
    redman said:
    Our own pocket rocket Angela Addison scored in a 4-1 against Belgium ♥️👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    Keira Skeels scored too.

A good night for the Addicks in the young lionesses
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    redman said:
    Our own pocket rocket Angela Addison scored in a 4-1 against Belgium ♥️👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    Keira Skeels scored too.

A good night for the Addicks in the young lionesses
    Oh cheers, I missed that. Our WiFi went down last night so I completely missed it booooo!
  • Options
    Cup game today, 0-0 after 80 minutes
  • Options
    Into extra time 0-0
  • Options
    Birmingham leading.  :/
  • Options
    Lost 1-0 after extra time. Birmingham join Lewes and 6 WSL sides in the quarter finals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lost 1-0 after extra time. Birmingham join Lewes and 6 WSL sides in the quarter finals.
    Very tight game, could have gone either way. Emma Follis very unlucky with her shot that hit the crossbar. Game turned on a strange tactical substituation imo. Taking off our RB and leaving their winger with 30 yards of space all the time. predictably the winger proved the match winner!
  • Options
    Playing Southampton at The Valley this afternoon. KO 2pm. Should be a good game.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Crusty54 said:
    Playing Southampton at The Valley this afternoon. KO 2pm. Should be a good game.
    Winning 1-0 at HT
    Roe on 6 minutes
  • Options
    88 minutes still 1-0
  • Options
    FT 1-0
  • Options
    5th in League with one or two games in hand to the teams above them
  • Options
    Hard fought game. Much better performance than last week. Great goal from Beth Roe who also defended well when needed. A good performance from Mary Bashford too.
  • Options
    Odd game that. We were really poor in central midfield and completely ceded control to Southampton there, but we were so incredibly solid at the back (well, 75% of it) I don't think they had a shot on target all game. As usual our best players were Roe, N'Dow and Skeels and everything dangerous in an attacking sense came from them as well. We threatened with central balls over the top as Johnson had their defence completely for pace but we didn't use that enough despite the two centre backs playing brilliant balls forward when they attempted them. Henson was pretty poor for much of the game and was repeatedly done for pace down her flank, though Saints didn't target that anywhere near enough. When the game became more bitty Henson stood up better against the long balls coming over and made some decent clearances. Ayisi offered some attacking threat when she got the ball but Addison was well marshaled by the Saints right back all game. In central midfield we were really awful, Ross barely put a pass right all game and Bashford ran around a lot without too much control, though she put herself about. Follis is a winger so was a bit lost. Hopefully going forward we can build more of a squad as when the injuries start to stack up we look very thin in terms of depth. Defensively Saints were absolutely atrocious and looked like they were determined to gift us a goal, but we didn't capitalise on that when we had the chance. The early goal really did sort the game as it allowed us to get away with a lack of control and just rely on that defensive stability we had.
    Skeels really is an excellent player. Calm, composed and creative. I really hope we keep hold of her and Roe as long as possible.
  • Options
    I thought they were going to get a late goal, phew :)