Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

6 Nations 2018.

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:

Horrible game. Scrappy and bad tempered.

It’s not the best, but we are showing enough for the win.
    Hope so. Have to say it's not a patch on Ireland / Italy.
  • Options
    Who cares, English rugby is still full of hooray henry types
  • Options
    cblock said:

Ooh. Controversial!
  • Options
    ..although it does seem to be the game of choice for the hipster...
  • Options
    I think England probably deserved the win - but considering the disallowed try, and the two other incredibly close attempts... can't help but feel it could've easily gone the other way.

Agree completely with @Wheresmeticket? though - that wasn't an enjoyable one to watch at all.
  • Options
    That disallowed try has a massive effect on the match
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Horrible game. Scrappy and bad tempered.

It’s not the best, but we are showing enough for the win.
    Told ya. :wink:
  • Options
    That was a real test of character. Which England did well in.

Gotta be thinking Grand Slam.

Ireland still to be properly tested.
    Italy crap.
    Wales must be extremely disappointed.

Looking good for the red rose.
  • Options
    cblock said:

Henry doesn't like rugby.

He's often said so on the official site here.
  • Options

The Welshman touched the ball marginally before Watson but at that time the ball was still in the air and he didn't have 'control' when it was grounded.

Correct decision under the current rules of the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

The Welshman touched the ball marginally before Watson but at that time the ball was still in the air and he didn't have 'control' when it was grounded.

Agree with this. I don't think he had controlled downward pressure but can understand the Welsh being pissed.

Not sure England would beat Ireland at the moment.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Agreed - it was not clear and if there is a doubt a try cannot be given.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    bobmunro said:

LenGlover said:

Agreed - it was not clear and if there is a doubt a try cannot be given.

I think it's one of those decisions where if it goes against you, you feel agrieved
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Going tommorow. Cannot wait, sure it will be free flowing both ways with the rain adding drama.

IMO will be lots of try's hopefully,

To coin a cliche "rugby will be the the winner", let's hope....

But an England win!

Poor game, no fluidity and too many errors.

Always a great day out though at Twickenham ( other than v Australia in World Cup)

Enjoyed the day and we got over the line with some resolute defending.

The irony of that statement when you support CAFC!!
  • Options
    Not sure what some of you were watching. Was a clear try to Wales in the first-half. May not have affected the final result as England always in command but the TMO has had a shocker - Anscombe’d hand clearly touches the ball ahead of Watson’s
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Agreed
  • Options

Not sure what some of you were watching. Was a clear try to Wales in the first-half. May not have affected the final result as England always in command but the TMO has had a shocker - Anscombe’d hand clearly touches the ball ahead of Watson’s

When the ball was still in the air yes but he had no control by the time it hit the ground. Watson had intervened by then.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Touching it first isn't the same as grounding it.

Have a look at the definition of grounding in the rules, and then consider if you think Anscombe was doing either:

Holding I'd say no.

Then it's debatable if he was putting pressure on it so I can see why they said there was no clear grounding.
  • Options
    Anyone on here happen to have a spare for England v Ireland on 17 March? I'll be at The Valley but Mr W would rather be at Twickenham.
  • Options
    Wouldn't he rather be at Murrayfield?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We're going to Murrayfield
  • Options
    To me the welsh lad pats the ball down but doesn’t ground it. The ball then slightly bounces up and the English fella actually grounds it.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

ROI flattening Italy.

Ireland

• Options
    Chizz said:

ROI flattening Italy.

Ireland

Yeh we've already done that thanks.
  • Options

Chizz said:

ROI flattening Italy.

Ireland

Yeh we've already done that thanks.
    I know. After I posted it, I saw that others had mentioned it too. But, I'm posting on a phone. And it took me so bl**dy long to work out how to cross out letters, that I was determined to leave it there!
  • Options

Have a look at the definition of grounding in the rules, and then consider if you think Anscombe was doing either:

Holding I'd say no.

Then it's debatable if he was putting pressure on it so I can see why they said there was no clear grounding.
    I'm trying to work out how that attacking player got into that position.

If she'd been holding the ball when she was tackled, she would surely have touched it down with it in hands before it has slid down her body. In which case, the try would have been scored as soon as she touched it down while holding it.

Maybe the ball was stationary, and she was waiting to dive on it, when an opponent tackled her and she fell on top of it. In which case it's a try and a penalty from the restart, for tackling a player without the ball.

But I would like to think that in-goal is on the right of the picture. It's a wet day. The red defender has hurtled towards the player with the ball and tackled her. Momentum has dragged her over the line and, as she's still clinging on to the attacker, she's dragging her across too. The try hasn't yet been scored, but in a split-second it will, when the attacker is dragged over the line, lying on top of the ball. Great, but ultimately ineffective tackle. Two points in the what happened next round on Question of Sport.
  • Options
    If the Taffs ain't whinging i am sure there are plenty of blow hards who will for them.

Now, for rebellious Scots to crush!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

When the ball was still in the air yes but he had no control by the time it hit the ground. Watson had intervened by then.
    Well the front page of my Sunday Times this morning has a picture of the ball on the ground with Anscomve’s hand on it and Watson’s Not.

That makes it a try as Sir Clive Woodward confirms...
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Holding I'd say no.

I'm trying to work out how that attacking player got into that position.

If she'd been holding the ball when she was tackled, she would surely have touched it down with it in hands before it has slid down her body. In which case, the try would have been scored as soon as she touched it down while holding it.

Maybe the ball was stationary, and she was waiting to dive on it, when an opponent tackled her and she fell on top of it. In which case it's a try and a penalty from the restart, for tackling a player without the ball.

But I would like to think that in-goal is on the right of the picture. It's a wet day. The red defender has hurtled towards the player with the ball and tackled her. Momentum has dragged her over the line and, as she's still clinging on to the attacker, she's dragging her across too. The try hasn't yet been scored, but in a split-second it will, when the attacker is dragged over the line, lying on top of the ball. Great, but ultimately ineffective tackle. Two points in the what happened next round on Question of Sport.
    Perhaps she just likes balls rubbing on her chest.
  • Options
    Video assistants hey..thought every decision was going to be made right with these.