Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Time to stop being angry, bitter and twisted... (Over the Oxford game)

edited February 2018 in General Charlton
It is time to stop being angry and also bitter and twisted. Looking at our players today after the game they looked devastated. Their professional pride has been severely wounded. I felt so desperately sorry for them. And even if through bitter and twistedness everyone should feel at small bit of sympathy for the lads. I feel Karl has really got an honest group of lads even if it was a a slight maturity issue which they are honest to learn from. They just need an arm round them even if it's constructive arm.

Anyone who doesn't the smallest bit of sympathy with the lads can f*** **f.

Comments

• Options
    No.
  • Options
    When your 2-1 up in the 88th minutes and lose at home its hard to take. A part of being a pro footballer is to accept the flax that comes your way when you snatch a defeat out of the jaws of victory. I never boo the team but today was so disappointing because all the positives just disappeared as Oxford found so many holes in our defence in the last 10 minutes. I feel sympathy but I would still have an inquest on the 3 goals and the 3 that hit the woodwork. If we want to make the play offs we need to stay switch on for 95 minutes
  • Options
    Feel no sympathy for the manager the clueless bastard,

Also noticed they didn't do their huddle after the final whistle - I wonder why that was ?????
  • Options

Also noticed they didn't do their huddle after the final whistle - I wonder why that was ?????

I normally clap them off win or lose but today we decided in our gutted state that we weren't going to hang around while they ponced about in their huddle.

Just as I reached the steps to the concourse I looked to see them applauding a virtually deserted Covered End so I guess others had either already left or thought similarly.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

I normally clap them off win or lose but today we decided in our gutted state that we weren't going to hang around while they ponced about in their huddle.

Just as I reached the steps to the concourse I looked to see them applauding a virtually deserted Covered End so I guess others had either already left or thought similarly.
    They don't huddle when they get beat.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Pitty is not why I follow Charlton !!!
    I follow Charlton for grandeur reasons !!!
    Many of them !!!
    Many many many many of them !!!
    A lot of reasons !!!
    More than a few !!!
    Yeah, and some other reasons too !!!
    ...Yeah !!!
    ("Perfectly calm, only finishing my coffee")
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm neither bitter nor twisted, I 100% blame the fat attention seeker for yesterday.
  • Options
    I blame the blue WKD's
  • Options

I'm neither bitter nor twisted, I 100% blame the fat attention seeker for yesterday.

nail on head.
    he wanted 3-1 and the glory.
  • Options

nail on head.
    he wanted 3-1 and the glory.

If we sat back and conceded for 2-2 people would be over KR - we’ve seen it so many times.

We lost, it was crap defending and good shooting from range- plain and simple

I’m as annoyed and disappointed as anyone but as I’ve said many times before it’s never easy being a Charlton fan.

Fair play to Oxford

• Options

It is time to stop being angry and also bitter and twisted. Looking at our players today after the game they looked devastated. Their professional pride has been severely wounded. I felt so desperately sorry for them. And even if through bitter and twistedness everyone should feel at small bit of sympathy for the lads. I feel Karl has really got an honest group of lads even if it was a a slight maturity issue which they are honest to learn from. They just need an arm round them even if it's constructive arm.

Anyone who doesn't the smallest bit of sympathy with the lads can f*** **f.

Why "is it time?" The owner is a disinterested miser who doesn't care about our club. Generations of fans have been devastated to see their club become League One also-rans whilst the till has been emptied. "Professional pride has been severely wounded?" Our club has become a laughing stock. The players can actually do something about it so why feel sorry for them? The manager is generally clueless when it comes to affecting games. Sorry, but it's beyond a cuddle and a bit of encouragement. If many more f*** **f you will be on your own.
    In this post I was not refering to the hopefully outgoing owner. Continued bitterness and twistedness over him and KM at Sheffield Wednesday is ok because they destroyed all that hard Sir Chris did. I was refering over yesterday and yesterday alone. I was saying the players' proffesional pride is hurt. If the players are not encouraged in the right constructive way the more chance of going on a bad losing run and the longer it will take to bounce back.

I said sympothy for the lads and RD isn't one of them. No sympothy for RD. But for their lads on the pitch as they looked like in the main they were hurting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well if they were hurting I'm glad.
    To lose when you are 2.I up in the 88th minute is totally unforgivable.
    Every fan there yesterday was hurting so why shouldn't the players.

Too bloody right.
  • Options
    Funny enough, it wasn't even that astonishing when it happened. It had an air of inevitability about it - how we suddenly parked what we thought was a bus but was more like a couple of scooters on the edge of the 6 yard box waiting for the executioner to turn up...
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    What I am also saying is; is that it can knock a play/team's confidence sideways losing like that. So it's important that they are mentally right to go again right away.
  • Options

Well if they were hurting I'm glad.
    To lose when you are 2.I up in the 88th minute is totally unforgivable.
    Every fan there yesterday was hurting so why shouldn't the players.

Maybe so. But it will happen again. But it won't happen again for a very long time indeed.
  • Options

Not good enough. I'm glad they were hurting, but you know what? They still get paid, they still get looked after and they'll still get a game next week.

We pay good money and give up our time to watch them be unprofessional and let a lead slip in the final minutes.

So yes I am bitter, and I have every fucking right to be!!

Yes, but I am say it's now time to stop being bitter. LOL!
  • Options

Not good enough. I'm glad they were hurting, but you know what? They still get paid, they still get looked after and they'll still get a game next week.

We pay good money and give up our time to watch them be unprofessional and let a lead slip in the final minutes.

So yes I am bitter, and I have every fucking right to be!!

Yes, but I am say it's now time to stop being bitter. LOL!
    You obviously haven't got to work with spanners tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I'm pretty sure very few are bitter angry and twisted; angry maybe but good attempt at stirring people up to defend their position :wink: . As Brendan says he has every right to be bitter and angry no doubt, weren't you then @AddickFC81 ? Seven days in football is a long time just like politics and next week all those venturing up to Doncaster will be right behind the boys. COYRs!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    It’s only one game (and the game was quite enjoyable to that point). The concern is what it says about the team and the manager. It’s not as if we have been great over the last three months.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I'm pretty sure very few are bitter angry and twisted; angry maybe but good attempt at stirring people up to defend their position :wink: . As Brendan says he has every right to be bitter and angry no doubt, weren't you then @AddickFC81 ? Seven days in football is a long time just like politics and next week all those venturing up to Doncaster will be right behind the boys. COYRs!

I was down and flat and still am but I will be buzzing Friday night. Weather permitting of course.