Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League 1 scores

Comments

• Options

I know they've played more games than any of the top six but having conceded the most? - Im just in shock!! 
    That’s the Peterborough I remember, they score and concede a lot. 
    Its why I really question if they have what it takes to get promoted - Every year they talk about their scoring stats but as we've said on here of late... Goals win games, clean sheets win titles

Didnt feel sorry for them either when they got mugged off by PPG, always leave yourself in a position where you're not relying on anything but your own performances... They moaned they had the best Goals Scored / Goal Difference etc. but none of that is impressive if your not winning games

Said it the other day too; Clarke-Harris and Dembele are scoring but both having shocking conversion rates and accuracy... As a result their goals will dry up so who do Peterborough rely on? 
  • Options

I know they've played more games than any of the top six but having conceded the most? - Im just in shock!! 
    That’s the Peterborough I remember, they score and concede a lot. 
    Its why I really question if they have what it takes to get promoted - Every year they talk about their scoring stats but as we've said on here of late... Goals win games, clean sheets win titles

Didnt feel sorry for them either when they got mugged off by PPG, always leave yourself in a position where you're not relying on anything but your own performances... They moaned they had the best Goals Scored / Goal Difference etc. but none of that is impressive if your not winning games

Said it the other day too; Clarke-Harris and Dembele are scoring but both having shocking conversion rates and accuracy... As a result their goals will dry up so who do Peterborough rely on? 
    Peterborough final finish of last 5 League 1 seasons: 7th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th
  • Options
    Sunderland losing but they nearly always score late goals, so I'll hold the celebrations.
    I was hoping that would work.
    Well played if I say so myself :smile:
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Interesting table. Peterborough are the outstanding team on goals scored.  From 2nd down to 6th there all very similar. Goals score to concede ratio.  Yet we started on the back foot. Win our game in hand we go 2nd. Win our 2 games in hand we go top.  In Jan we have an opportunity to strength, (not against Otzumer etc) but maybe let him go and free up a space in the squad and wages. Look for a potential loanee striker and sign one with potential to play in Championship IF promoted/ 
    WHEN promoted.
  • Options
    In L2 a great result for Southend, their first win of the season, 1-0 at Walsall

looking forward to the Quest highlights show tonight, will be good to watch 2 of our rivals lose
  • Options
    In L2 a great result for Southend, their first win of the season, 1-0 at Walsall

looking forward to the Quest highlights show tonight, will be good to watch 2 of our rivals lose
    Walsall missed a Pen... cost me my 4 fold.
  • Options
    Well our goal difference may improve next weekend with Burton having six first teamers out and Sam Hughes not being available following his sending off.

Cue 0-0.
  • Options
    Sunderland fans on Twitter fed up with Parky

They're also want McGeady back. He wasn't brilliant for us, but he did try and it's hard to see how he would make Sunderland worse
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Well our goal difference may improve next weekend with Burton having six first teamers out and Sam Hughes not being available following his sending off.

Cue 0-0.
    Why are Burton 6 players out... ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Interesting table. Peterborough are the outstanding team on goals scored.  From 2nd down to 6th there all very similar. Goals score to concede ratio.  Yet we started on the back foot. Win our game in hand we go 2nd. Win our 2 games in hand we go top.  In Jan we have an opportunity to strength, (not against Otzumer etc) but maybe let him go and free up a space in the squad and wages. Look for a potential loanee striker and sign one with potential to play in Championship IF promoted/ 
    WHEN promoted.
    Quite right  :)
  • Options
    Once all our new players have settled in and players like Maddison get up to speed we will piss this league. 

For those who do not understand how the odds work.
    It's like this.

If you put 10 quid on Charlton winning the league at 10 to 1.
    You lose a tenner. 

If you put 10 quid on Charlton winning the league at 33 to 1.
    You lose a tenner. 
    I thank you 

BIT OF A CHANGE OF HEART FROM THE BETTING THREAD ...... LOL

If you don’t bother to put 10 quid on Charlton winning the league ... we go up

• Options
    Addickted said:

Cue 0-0.
    In self isolation due to COVID 
  • Options
    Win our games left and we win the league. Simples. All in our own hands as great men, have often said. 
  • Options
    Once all our new players have settled in and players like Maddison get up to speed we will piss this league. 

It's like this.

You lose a tenner. 

You lose a tenner. 
    I thank you 

You don’t lose a tenner, you’ve spent a tenner ie, it’s gone, you no longer have it, the same as if you had spent the money on anything else
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Cue 0-0.
    Burton were actually missing 12 players due to Covid
  • Options

It's like this.

You lose a tenner. 

You lose a tenner. 
    I thank you 

You don’t lose a tenner, you’ve spent a tenner ie, it’s gone, you no longer have it, the same as if you had spent the money on anything else
    And if you have a win it was an investment.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Cue 0-0.
    I thought half were players, half were staff? 
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Cue 0-0.
    6 tested positive, but a further 6 had to self isolate as well

Burton Albion have been told they must fulfill their league fixture against Hull City on Saturday despite having six players test positive for Coronavirus.
    Along with the six players who tested positive a further six are also having to self-isolate due to being in contact with the positive players, five members of the staff have also returned positive tests.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Cue 0-0.
    Think it was 6 players tested positive, 6 players self isolating and 4 members of staff self isolating
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Addickted said:

Cue 0-0.

Burton Albion have been told they must fulfill their league fixture against Hull City on Saturday despite having six players test positive for Coronavirus.
    Along with the six players who tested positive a further six are also having to self-isolate due to being in contact with the positive players, five members of the staff have also returned positive tests.
    How come they had to play but we've seen other teams able to call their game off?

I'm sure Crewe got a game at Oxford called off when ONE player tested positive.
  • Options
    I thought it was 5 positive and 5 self isolating and 6 members of staff self isolating.😎
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Cue 0-0.

How come they had to play but we've seen other teams able to call their game off?

Tranmere too got a proper ticking off from the EFL with the prospect of not playing Salford due to COVID
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Cue 0-0.

It's baffling. I read somewhere that because Burton had followed the correct protocol their game went ahead

Conor Coady had to withdraw from the England squad after Track and Trace identified him as a close contact of someone who tested positive, despite testing negative himself and having had the virus back in March. Meanwhile Alan Browne plays the full 90 for Ireland vs England and tests positive, but none of the players on the pitch have to self isolate.
  • Options
    Plymouth 1-0 up against Pompey at the moment
  • Options
    Plymouth 1-0 up against Pompey at the moment
    Interesting the gap between Plymouth and Swindon/Crewe so far this season. The latter finding this division a lot tougher. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    36 games remaining for us.

If we continue our nice little run of form heading into Christmas, I can see us winning another 20 games without too, too much fuss.

So excited about this season. Just wish we were there to experience it.
  • Options
    Plymouth continue their excellent home form. Can see pressure being racked up on Parky & Jackett by their supporters. Won’t help their chances if someone like Charlton manage to build up a strong lead at the top of division.
  • Options
    Hard to see how this weekend could have gone any better for us.
  • Options
    Pompey equalise... a draw would still be fine for us