Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bradford | Tue 13 Feb | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    Cant really claim we're facing MK Dons with a new Manager in their dugout... theirs has been appointed for a few games whereas Oxford / Bradford did have to face us for their very first match
  • Options
    It's a must win, so we'll lose. 2-1, probably from being 1-0 up, probably with the winner in the last minute...
  • Options
    Will our form be flipped or will we fall flat (as a pancake).

That's all I got on the puns front.
  • Options
    0-2 Sorry
  • Options
    2-0 to us.
  • Options

Christ... 10th!!

Our comfort zone.
  • Options
    The few of us there midweek for this last season will remember Mark Marshall being the best player on the pitch.

Would very much like to see that again tonight (and expect a similar poor turnout)
  • Options
    Still wonder where the goals will come from.

I think we will be lucky to draw but would love to be proved wrong.
  • Options

Trying to remember the last time I felt quite so disinterested grumpy.

Just ticking off the days until Roly finally buggers off and the fat bloke in the tracksuit gets his P45 and takes his one-man popularity contest elsewhere.

1-2

Fixed that for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Don't want to click & watch it.............too painful to remember when we had a decent players & a manger who knew how to set a team up.
  • Options
    Was told yesterday it's Kaikai for Reeves in only change tonight.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Keep the faith Len
    12/1 Charlton 4+ goals av it.
  • Options

Was told yesterday it's Kaikai for Reeves in only change tonight.

I think that makes sense. I hope we go for them and are not as goal shy as we usually are.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

we now need 29 points out of a remaining 48, the only way to look at it.

It's really hard to know as so many of the teams around us appear to be struggling a bit. Weird results recently.
    that is working off of the last 15 seasons playoff positions, of course could be a freak season
  • Options
    We just have to do our bit. Getting our best defenders back will help.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Will our form be flipped or will we fall flat (as a pancake).

That's all I got on the puns front.

Come on Canters! That was a Crepe effort! .....*Grabs coat*....
  • Options
    BFG and Fosu have picked up knocks apparently
  • Options
    Be nice to see 442 given a chance this evening and no stupid sub's late on!
  • Options

Are they out?
  • Options
    If BFG and Fosu are out (along with Reeves being replaced by Kaikai) then you'd expect to see them replaced by Lennon and Zyro in the starting eleven; Either

Amos
    Solly | Konsa | Lennon | Dasilva
    Kashi | Forster-Caskey
    Marshall | Kaikai | Zyro
    Magennis

or

Amos
    Solly | Konsa | Lennon | Dasilva
    Marshall | Kashi | Forster-Caskey | Kaikai
    Magennis | Zyro
  • Options
    clb74 said:

LenGlover said:

Keep the faith Len
    clb74 said:

LenGlover said:

Keep the faith Len
    Are those odds for Charlton to score four or more goals?!

Coming into tonight's game Charlton have played 30 league games - we've scored in 23 of them.

Of those 23 matches we've scored more than one goal on just 11 occasions: twice in August, four times in September, thrice in November, and then in the last two home matches. The Oxford match was the first time this season we'd scored more than one goal and lost (three 2-2 draws against Walsall (a), and MK and Posh (both h)).

We've hit four just twice (19-Aug Northampton (h) and 2-Sep Oldham (a)) and three on two other outings (Fleetwood (a) and Walsall (h)).

If we don't score a goal we're more than likely going to lose - just the one goalless draw this season (Wigan (a)) and six defeats.

Nine Charlton matches have featured four or more goals (four wins, three draws, and two defeats).

Given the above I think 12/1 is bloody stingy!
  • Options
    Even more stingy if Fosu isn't playing - Any news on that.
  • Options
    Bradford score in injury time...

But it doesn't matter as we're already 3 up

Magennis (2) and JFC
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Fosu was kicked pillar to post on Saturday and looked knackered by the end so wouldn't be surprised if he'd picked up a knock.

The number of niggling fouls in this division is so frustrating. And players are never booked for persistent fouling. How many times have we had a player this season, often Fosu, beat a man or turn and run into space only to be grabbed or hacked down and for the player to not get booked? Or to beat a man in a tight space and get fouled.

If Fosu's unavailable I'd think Reeves would keep his spot, Marshall right Kaikai left. Reeves has obviously been very erratic and frustrating this season, but he works hard and is still capable of pulling off something magical.

If BFG is out it would be really weird that Dijksteel played for the U23s yesterday given I'd expect him to come into the squad with Lennon getting the start. Same with Reeco actually, as he could come into the squad for Fosu.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Fosu was kicked pillar to post on Saturday and looked knackered by the end so wouldn't be surprised if he'd picked up a knock.

The number of niggling fouls in this division is so frustrating. And players are never booked for persistent fouling. How many times have we had a player this season, often Fosu, beat a man or turn and run into space only to be grabbed or hacked down and for the player to not get booked? Or to beat a man in a tight space and get fouled.

If he's unavailable I'd think Reeves would keep his spot, Marshall right Kaikai left. Reeves had obviously been very erratic and frustrating this season, but he works hard and is still capable of pulling off something magical.

If BFG is out it would be really weird that Dijksteel played for the U23s yesterday given I'd expect him to come into the squad with Lennon getting the start. Dame with Reeco actually, as he could come into the squad for Fosu.
    I do think refs are far more lenient that in higher divisions, which is ridiculous.