Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things to do at Feb half term

13»

Comments

• Options
    what is the best London museum for a 7 and nearly 5 year old ?
    don't want to get in, and then find have to pay more money for individual exhibits within the museum.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

what is the best London museum for a 7 and nearly 5 year old ?
    don't want to get in, and then find have to pay more money for individual exhibits within the museum.

London Dungeons will keep them quiet.
  • Options
    @Nicholas

@eaststandmike has covered it well. Car park / entrance is a good 15 mins walk to the castle and loads of wildlife on the walk. Two good play areas, excellent maze and grotto, lake with a boat, little train, birds of prey and the castle.

Go when the sun is shining no better place for a picnic with the castle glistening off the water
  • Options
    We did Larkfield swimming pool today. Never been before, was like a non-chav version of the Waterfront. Will be returning
  • Options
    heard that's supposed to be good - totally lacking in decent pools for kids locally, went to the Waterfront 2 weeks ago and the car park is gone and half the pools weren't even open !
  • Options

We did Larkfield swimming pool today. Never been before, was like a non-chav version of the Waterfront. Will be returning

Used to take my girls there when they were young.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Used to take my girls there when they were young.
    Likewise with my two kids.
  • Options

heard that's supposed to be good - totally lacking in decent pools for kids locally, went to the Waterfront 2 weeks ago and the car park is gone and half the pools weren't even open !

Learners pool, big pool with wave machine like Waterfront. Two main flumes (one like the standard main one at Waterfront, the other one of those fast ones you end up in a circular donut before dropping through the hole, kids must be a competent swimmer to go on that one), a rapids section, a jacuzzi and a seperate laned pool. Similar to Waterfront but a nicer, cleaner place imo.

£17.70 for family ticket of 4 (£10.70 if Members)
  • Options
    edited February 2018

I am a gym member there, needs a face lift but they are building a new extension to the gym so I will see how that turns out before deciding if I move on.
  • Options
    Resurrecting an old thread yet if anyone runs out of ideas for the summer holidays then do one have recommendation

https://www.fennbellinn.co.uk/zoo ... Very small zoo so only worth it for younger children up by Hoo St. Werburgh, took my six month old boy along today who was fascinated by the Lemurs

Only £3 for adults, doesnt take long to get round but nice pub attached... Just limited car parking
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Didnt really want to create a new thread for this but wanted an opinion from parents with more experience than me

Was planning on taking my 18-month old son to the Zoo tomorrow

Weather says it going to be about 30C, to me feels a bit too warm to be taking him out in that heat, or am I being too cautious?
  • Options
    Didnt really want to create a new thread for this but wanted an opinion from parents with more experience than me

Weather says it going to be about 30C, to me feels a bit too warm to be taking him out in that heat, or am I being too cautious?
    I’d swerve it mate. Not because of any danger but you’ll all end up being grouchy walking around in this heat all day. Take him swimming instead 
  • Options
    edited August 2019

I’d swerve it mate. Not because of any danger but you’ll all end up being grouchy walking around in this heat all day. Take him swimming instead 
    To be honest the heat doesnt bother me too much, especially if he's enjoying himself as absolutely loves animals - Just dont want it being unhealthy for him what with his age unable to sweat like we can
  • Options
    Which Zoo? London zoo has some great water play areas for kids if you take swimming trunks and a towel. Fountains by the cafe designed to keep them cool if I remember rightly. The problem you may have is all the lions and tigers and that will be asleep. 
  • Options
    Which Zoo? London zoo has some great water play areas for kids if you take swimming trunks and a towel. Fountains by the cafe designed to keep them cool if I remember rightly. The problem you may have is all the lions and tigers and that will be asleep. 
    Wingham outside Canterbury