Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Top 10 Charlton players of all time

13»

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:

Not sure how you can include the likes of Bartram if you never saw him play? Maybe he was rubbish and the stories of his greatness are highly exaggerated.

Not sure how you can leave Bartram out of an "all time" team.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Not sure how you can include the likes of Bartram if you never saw him play? Maybe he was rubbish and the stories of his greatness are highly exaggerated.

Not sure how you can leave Bartram out of an "all time" team.
    Ditto Leary!
  • Options
    Paul Mortimer x 11...

Changed my mind. Scott minto left back. Mortimer was a shocking left back!
  • Options
    Very hard for me to second guess which were the greats before my era - late 80s onwards

Kiely

Brown
    Rufus
    Costa
    Powell

Mortimer
    Kinsella
    Parker
    Jensen

Kermorgant
    Mendonca

Subs

Bolder
    Bowen
    Perry
    Robinson
    Humphrey
    Lee
    Bent D

It’s tough to decide
  • Options
    I picked a facetious team higher up the thread so here is a serious attempt at an all time one. I know the thread says top 10 but you can choose the one to miss out.

Bartram

Hewie
    Rufus
    Ufton
    Powell (Chris)

Simonsen
    Parker
    Glover

Leary
    Firmani
    Bent D

A lot of very close choices and on a different day my team could look very different. Less than half are 'automatic' choices and it is essentially my preference today.
  • Options
    Surprised no mention of Billy Bonds for the right back slot.
  • Options
    Bonds in my team.
  • Options

Bonds in my team.

Now I know why you chose that user name.
  • Options
    Could have been rememberlenglover or remembermatttees. If I had left it longer it would be forgetroland !
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Kiely
    Kiely
    Kiely
    Kiely
    Kiely
    Kiely
    Kiely
    Kiely
    Kiely
    Kiely

Seriously, you couldn't have found a better pic??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tutt
    Humphrey
    Costa
    Went
    Powell
    Lee
    Parker
    Bowyer
    Mortimer
    Mendonca
    Bent
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    My fvourite charlton 11 of my time supporting the club:

GK: Kiely
    RB: Solly
    CB: El Kakouri (on reflection it's weird that I loved him so much)
    CB: Rufus
    LB: Powell
    CM: Kishishev
    CM: Kinsella
    CM: Jackson
    CAM: Euell
    ST: Johansson
    ST: Kermorgant

Loved Jenson and Parker too. Struggling with no Claus but he is just below the others in my eyes. Parker isnt in there because if how he left us.

Not the most balanced midfield. Think it kinda sums me up with the Kish Kins JJ thing in that I love a fighter with his heart on his sleeve who would die for the club and give everything. I prefer that sort of player to the creative type hence why Jenson misses out even though I loved him.

Loved Jonaton Johansson so much I remember being pissed off that Bent was so good as it was effectively the end of JJ's Charlton career. They did play together one pre season friendly and that made me happy. Want to get bent in there too really. Imagine Bent alongside Kermorgant that would have been class.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I picked a facetious team higher up the thread so here is a serious attempt at an all time one. I know the thread says top 10 but you can choose the one to miss out.

Bartram

Hewie
    Rufus
    Ufton
    Powell (Chris)

Simonsen
    Parker
    Glover

Leary
    Firmani
    Bent D

A lot of very close choices and on a different day my team could look very different. Less than half are 'automatic' choices and it is essentially my preference today.

Absolutely scandalous that you haven't got Chris Duffy in there. What the...