Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Taxi for Pardew!

1235»

Comments

• Options

Halix said:

Pullis was sacked because WBA were 4th from bottom and 5 points above bottom. They are now rock bottom and 7 points behind the next side.

They've got nothing to lose if they sack him now - they will have to at the end of the season anyway. Get in someone totally different on a short term contract to the end of the season with the promise of a £1m bonus if they do stay up - someone like Hoddle for example. Not everyone's cup of tea, granted, but is different and that's what they need at the moment.

HODDLE????!!!! An even bigger egotist than Pardew.
    As I say not everyone's cup of tea but is different in the sense that he does have tactical nous. And has played and managed at the vet top. Which Pardew hasn't on either count. It has to be someone who is going to make an immediate impact and not a "slow burner" because they have to start winning games now.
    And whatever we think of Hoddle as a person (and a pundit because I hate all the cliches he comes out with) the fact is that he does know a footballer when he sees one - ask Ikechi Anya (Derby and Scotland), Jordan Hugill (signed by West Ham for £10m in January) and Sam Clucas (Swansea) who were all at his academy having failed for secure a professional contract previously.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Well at least West Brom are no longer playing boring midtable premiership football. Their fans thought Pulis had taken the Club as far as he could.

Where have I heard that before?

They would have had a better chance of staying up if they'd stuck with Pulis. I don't think he has ever been relegated.
    Surely Pardew's reputation is blown now. He will drop down to the second tier crap manager merry-go-round along with Bruce and McClaren.
  • Options

Pardew is playing the same game he did when with us. He's begging to be sacked and admitted that the chairman should look at taking the club in a new direction (replace him) yet he doesn't resign. Cretinous.

Agree big nose wants the sack so he gets paid for sitting in his garden in Warlingham. But WBA employed the guy after Pullis lost the plot and fans. To attempt to change the style when you haven't got the players to carry this out was mission impossible. Pardew should stay to the last game of the season. Why would you resign and miss out on compensation ?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Always get the impression from Curbs that the role had to be perfect for him to go in and be Manager.

You've gotta respect that as there are a lot of Managers out there who appear to have sold their souls with various comments only to backtrack.

Yes its kept the likes Pardew in a job with plenty of pay offs... Yet at least Curbs still has his reputation!!

Does he?

Maybe with us, don't think any others in the world of football feel the same.
    Probably doesnt have a reputation of being a good safe Manager yet probably does have a reputation of not selling his soul
  • Options
    That I agree with.
  • Options

Alan Pardew’s agent must be world class

Don't know about world class but he must be minted.