Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things we won't discuss...

Comments

• Options
    Do it ibborg. This is the best political post since I've been a member of this illustrious forum.
  • Options
    Imagine being thick enough to read a story that says Jeremy Corbyn was a communist spy and believing it.
  • Options

Do it ibborg. This is the best political post since I've been a member of this illustrious forum.

If I could I would, but I can't so I sharn't
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Riviera said:

I should have mentioned in my first post that in the Paper Review which always kicks off the Marr show, the Corbyn story was covered. However it was not chosen by the Sunday Express editor (a surprisingly measured and balanced contribuor, given her employer) as something she wanted to go into. Marr himself said of it "I've read through it and I must say it does look rather thin. He also covered the Brendan Cox story.

I watched Peston on ITV as well. He didn't give it any quality time either, and he naturally looks for any opportunity to upstage his former employer.

So in fact, @Riviera your entire OP, which seeks to attack the BBC, is baseless.

Couple of points, a) The Sunday Express is owned by the Mirror Group, b) When I posted the BBC had not covered the Corbyn story, not on TV, radio nor their news website.

Furthermore the BBC cover many, many baseless stories.
    Ah, so you are serious? I was thinking maybe you'd gone all Pub Landlord, suckered us all in, and sat back to watch the fun.

Oh well, couple of points then.

1. The Sunday Express has been owned by the Mirror Group since 9th Feb. Nine days ago. Do you think that on Day 1 some Mirro Group big wig walked into the Sunday Express newsroom and shouted "From now on, all your stories and editorials will be left -wing" ?

2. You posted at 02.51 GMT. Even media editors sleep.

And FYI on the R4 World At One just now, the Brendan Cox story was the lead one.

Come on fella! Read my posts properly. I said the BBC HAD covered the Cox story.

And to answer your points, 1) Yes of course. 2) The Corbyn story had been running in The Sun, Mail and Telegraph for days so no excuse for the BBC not to even acknowledge it. They often go with the line "It has been reported in various newspapers that XXXX has done this or that but we have no evidence....." But they totally ignored it, even when reviewing the newspapers!
    Of course I just threw it out there, it's what I do if you hadn't noticed! I am A-political but have an unquenchable thirst for fair play.
  • Options
    Cox It Up
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Imagine being thick enough to read a story that says Jeremy Corbyn was a communist spy and believing it.

What, so he wasn't a KGB mole in the 70's then? Makes sense, no genuine spy would appear at Glastonbury. This threads not the place to discuss these things, it says so at the top
  • Options
    ads said:

Saudi Arabian arms deals.

They used our cluster bombs (which were banned in 2010) on civilians in Yemen and yet we still sell weapons and bombs to them by the billions. Money talks I suppose.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/uk-has-sold-56bn-of-military-hardware-to-saudi-arabia-under-david-cameron-research-reveals-a6797861.html
    Torn on this one really.

Terribly selfish thing to say, but if they didn't buy their hardware from us, then they'd only buy it from the US/French/Chinese/Russians.

And to lose £56bn of trade could be disastrous for the UK.
  • Options
    Where will we be in 20 years time.
    Mates a cab driver at Bromley south he said a week ago a woman of about 70 face planted the pavement.
    A few of the cabbies jumped out and helped the woman her face came out in a big bump that they could see was throbbing.
    Rang for an ambulance told up to 2 hours, mate said should i take her to hospital myself he then told thats a decision for him to take.
    Whether left or right with the millions more people predicted to be living or born in the uk over the next 20 years where are we going to top up
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Mates a cab driver at Bromley south he said a week ago a woman of about 70 face planted the pavement.
    A few of the cabbies jumped out and helped the woman her face came out in a big bump that they could see was throbbing.
    Rang for an ambulance told up to 2 hours, mate said should i take her to hospital myself he then told thats a decision for him to take.
    Whether left or right with the millions more people predicted to be living or born in the uk over the next 20 years where are we going to top up

Probably in 2038
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

Typical. Avoiding the vital subject of whether Jeremy Corbyn is a spy and Joe Cox was unfaithful. Case proven.

Next we'll be hearing the "why do the majority of the world's population live in poverty while a tiny minority enjoy immense privelige" politics of envy.
  • Options
    Corbyn being less in the news the better. Just seeing his face makes my skin crawl. Bet his clothes smell of piss and gone off milk. Weedy looking nonce of a man.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Corbyn being less in the news the better. Just seeing his face makes my skin crawl. Bet his clothes smell of piss and gone off milk. Weedy looking nonce of a man.

Do you know that's almost exactly what he said about you.

Apart from being in the news, obvs.

Amazing!
  • Options

Next thing you'll be telling me this is made up an all...

No that's true.
  • Options

Amazing!
    Well he is known for telling lies

• Options

LuckyReds said:

Bunch of right wingers in "trying to pretend they are not really digging out left wingers" shocker.

If you "...can't see Corbyn being a spy..." why waste time and energy pontificating about it? Just tell the OP that you think the reason why the Beeb isn't reporting it, is because its crap?

You are fooling no one. Why not worry about the pile of poo the Tories have created that is going on right now?

It's quite possible to see issues on both sides of an argument, I'd even go as far as to say it's a part of being an adult.
    I’m about as far from being a completed adult as being 9 pieces into a 1,000 piece jigsaw but one thing I’m pretty thankful for is being politically neutral.

Find it absolutely batshit bonkers how people get so ingrained in left wing / right wing bias and just completely lose the ability to view and form opinion of pretty much anything in a neutral way. And then when there’s a struggle to defend it’s a reflective attack on the ‘other lot’ for something completely different. Absolutely crazy, yet it seems the majority of people are formed this way so feels like I’m a bit of an outliner in that respect.
    With you 100% mate. You’ve only got to look at any political thread on here to see it brings out the worst in people (from both sides). Far more important things in life to get so worked up about.

I probably should but couldn’t be less interested in politics if it tried. Don’t trust any of the self serving wankers.
    both of these posts is exactly where i sit - if i knew what or how a promote was done then i'd give one to both
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

LuckyReds said:

Bunch of right wingers in "trying to pretend they are not really digging out left wingers" shocker.

If you "...can't see Corbyn being a spy..." why waste time and energy pontificating about it? Just tell the OP that you think the reason why the Beeb isn't reporting it, is because its crap?

You are fooling no one. Why not worry about the pile of poo the Tories have created that is going on right now?

It's quite possible to see issues on both sides of an argument, I'd even go as far as to say it's a part of being an adult.
    I’m about as far from being a completed adult as being 9 pieces into a 1,000 piece jigsaw but one thing I’m pretty thankful for is being politically neutral.

Find it absolutely batshit bonkers how people get so ingrained in left wing / right wing bias and just completely lose the ability to view and form opinion of pretty much anything in a neutral way. And then when there’s a struggle to defend it’s a reflective attack on the ‘other lot’ for something completely different. Absolutely crazy, yet it seems the majority of people are formed this way so feels like I’m a bit of an outliner in that respect.
    With you 100% mate. You’ve only got to look at any political thread on here to see it brings out the worst in people (from both sides). Far more important things in life to get so worked up about.

I probably should but couldn’t be less interested in politics if it tried. Don’t trust any of the self serving wankers.
    both of these posts is exactly where i sit - if i knew what or how a promote was done then i'd give one to both
    You have to be a member of the Order of Antelope first, then you get selected (you can't ask), to become a promote giver on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:

LuckyReds said:

Press the flag button, it counts as a double thumbs up
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

LuckyReds said:

You have to be a member of the Order of Antelope first, then you get selected (you can't ask), to become a promote giver on here.
    Yes that’s right. And don’t you forget it
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Shrew said:

Black lives matter. 100 % correct, so why are the Black community so against the stop and search which could stop so many young black people killing other young black people ? Why aren't more questions asked about the dubious "friendships" of the Royal family with so many reprobates. Charles and Saville, Andrew and Kazakhstan oligarchs. Andrew and USA sex criminal. These things are muted but are quickly quashed by the powers that be.

They are against stop and search because it is happening absolutely all the time, often heavy handed, and with a general attitude of your guilty because you are black from many of the police
    Two sides to every story.

One of my son's best mates is a copper. Bought up in a highly diverse area, I genuinely don't think there is a racist bone in his body.

You should hear some of the stories he has to tell about the shit he has to take from the black kids he stops. Almost straight away "it's your only stopping me cos I'm black". Their language towards him is appalling, he gets called every name under the sun as they try and rile him to do something they can complain about.

Shame that many of the black kids he stops have a general attitude that all policemen are racist and don't appreciate that they are trying to keep everyone from all communities safe (including the kids they are stopping and searching).
  • Options

Jeremy Paxman introduced him on Newsnight using similar words. Reckon Michael Gove fits that description as well, the chinless wanker
  • Options
    Thought this thread was going to be about Fight Club.
  • Options

Shrew said:

Black lives matter. 100 % correct, so why are the Black community so against the stop and search which could stop so many young black people killing other young black people ? Why aren't more questions asked about the dubious "friendships" of the Royal family with so many reprobates. Charles and Saville, Andrew and Kazakhstan oligarchs. Andrew and USA sex criminal. These things are muted but are quickly quashed by the powers that be.

They are against stop and search because it is happening absolutely all the time, often heavy handed, and with a general attitude of your guilty because you are black from many of the police
    Two sides to every story.

One of my son's best mates is a copper. Bought up in a highly diverse area, I genuinely don't think there is a racist bone in his body.

You should hear some of the stories he has to tell about the shit he has to take from the black kids he stops. Almost straight away "it's your only stopping me cos I'm black". Their language towards him is appalling, he gets called every name under the sun as they try and rile him to do something they can complain about.

Shame that many of the black kids he stops have a general attitude that all policemen are racist and don't appreciate that they are trying to keep everyone from all communities safe (including the kids they are stopping and searching).
    The question then is why are they suspicious of all police?
  • Options

Shrew said:

Shame that many of the black kids he stops have a general attitude that all policemen are racist
    Yeah, how on earth did that happen?
  • Options

Next thing you'll be telling me this is made up an all...

I never trusted him.
  • Options

Amazing!
    Well he is known for telling lies

Well you would say that. wouldn't you.