Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things we won't discuss...

124»

Comments

• Options

Thought this thread was going to be about Fight Club.

About what? Shhhh...
  • Options
    God knows. I certainly can't enlighten you.

There was another kid stabbed to death in London over the weekend. It's tragic but has hardly made the news. Maybe, just maybe, if the bas**rd who did this had been stopped and searched and the knife he was carrying taken off him, the parents of the kid who was stabbed wouldn't be sitting at home tonight grieving.
  • Options

Corbyn being less in the news the better. Just seeing his face makes my skin crawl. Bet his clothes smell of piss and gone off milk. Weedy looking nonce of a man.

Do you know that's almost exactly what he said about you.

Apart from being in the news, obvs.

Amazing!
    Well he is known for telling lies

Well you would say that. wouldn't you.
    Shame isn't it. ValleyGary used to be a good poster but now his posts are along the lines of the other trolls on here posting utter shit for a reaction.
  • Options
    As a fully paid up member of the PC brigade I have to say that the police force today bears no relation to the force in the 80s. In my role working with some very challenging individuals (and let-down individuals) I see police officers going more than the extra mile to make sure they are safe despite often abusive behaviour. No relation at all to the "paramilitary wing of the tory party" we used to see. I think we should recognise the culture change in the police force as an example of what can be done and celebrate that. I'm sure there are improvements to be made, but we must appreciate the good work that has been done.
  • Options
    The policing topic is tough, and a lot of it - like most of the troubles we seem to face at the moment - comes down to consequence of growing up in toxic environments IMO. Be it via parents telling their children not to talk to the police, or for fear of peer reactions if their seen talking to the police. Have a chat to an officer from a borough like Lambeth, Lewisham or Southwark; it'll be an eye opener.

The simple fact is that the police are placed in a truly thankless position in our society, and ultimately nobody really seems to give a shit... that is until it's politically/socially expedient to give a shit - i.e after a terror attack or some other tragedy.

If the modern day police service was as bad as some people like to claim, then I suspect there would've been far more opposition to the introduction of Body Worn Cameras; on the contrary though, it would appear to deter spurious complaints and provide officers with an additional layer of protection. That speaks volumes IMO.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

God knows. I certainly can't enlighten you.

There was another kid stabbed to death in London over the weekend. It's tragic but has hardly made the news. Maybe, just maybe, if the bas**rd who did this had been stopped and searched and the knife he was carrying taken off him, the parents of the kid who was stabbed wouldn't be sitting at home tonight grieving.

McDonalds in Woolwich installed a knife arch last month.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Fiiish said:

Corbyn being less in the news the better. Just seeing his face makes my skin crawl. Bet his clothes smell of piss and gone off milk. Weedy looking nonce of a man.

Amazing!

Shame isn't it. ValleyGary used to be a good poster but now his posts are along the lines of the other trolls on here posting utter shit for a reaction.
    You seem to have confused ValleyGary with that Fiiish bloke.
    Very witty.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Amazing!

Awwww x
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

Bunch of right wingers in "trying to pretend they are not really digging out left wingers" shocker.

If you "...can't see Corbyn being a spy..." why waste time and energy pontificating about it? Just tell the OP that you think the reason why the Beeb isn't reporting it, is because its crap?

You are fooling no one. Why not worry about the pile of poo the Tories have created that is going on right now?

It's quite possible to see issues on both sides of an argument, I'd even go as far as to say it's a part of being an adult.
    I’m about as far from being a completed adult as being 9 pieces into a 1,000 piece jigsaw but one thing I’m pretty thankful for is being politically neutral.

Find it absolutely batshit bonkers how people get so ingrained in left wing / right wing bias and just completely lose the ability to view and form opinion of pretty much anything in a neutral way. And then when there’s a struggle to defend it’s a reflective attack on the ‘other lot’ for something completely different. Absolutely crazy, yet it seems the majority of people are formed this way so feels like I’m a bit of an outliner in that respect.
    With you 100% mate. You’ve only got to look at any political thread on here to see it brings out the worst in people (from both sides). Far more important things in life to get so worked up about.

I probably should but couldn’t be less interested in politics if it tried. Don’t trust any of the self serving wankers.
    There is not much of genuine importance that goes in the world that does not involve decisions made by politicians.

I have voted Tory, Lib Dem, Labour and neutral in general elections over the years, I am not embedded in any one viewpoint. At the moment I happen to think that the Tories are the most self serving party I have ever come across in my life. If they change, my view will change.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hmm, not sure what is wrong with profiling to try and reduce knife crime.

I imagine when the IRA were bombing mainland Britain there were a lot of Irish males having their cars searched en route to England, compared to say Asian people - it makes sense.

If black teenagers are more likely to carry knives, why be surprised if more of them are stopped and searched compared to other groups ?
  • Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5407245/STEPHEN-GLOVER-asks-BBC-ignoring-Corbyn-claims.html

However the BBC are very happy to report world shattering news items like a few KFC branches running out of chicken, all day on 5Live. They even played an interview with an obviously distraught mother of "9 year old twins" (She announced this as if it were a legally recognised disability) who had queued for "ages" at a KFC drive through only to be told once they reached the window that there was no chicken. "But my children wanted chicken" she whined. Well love why not go to the shops and buy some fresh chicken and cook it you lazy cow???!!!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5407245/STEPHEN-GLOVER-asks-BBC-ignoring-Corbyn-claims.html

However the BBC are very happy to report world shattering news items like a few KFC branches running out of chicken, all day on 5Live. They even played an interview with an obviously distraught mother of "9 year old twins" (She announced this as if it were a legally recognised disability) who had queued for "ages" at a KFC drive through only to be told once they reached the window that there was no chicken. "But my children wanted chicken" she whined. Well love why not go to the shops and buy some fresh chicken and cook it you lazy cow???!!!

If the beeb had not reported it, then you would not have been able to moan about it Chirps. Think how much worse your day would have been...

(I agree with your lazy cow comment by the way).
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Riviera said:

This is a whoosh right? Daily Mail criticising the BBC. Well I never.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Corbyn can always sue the Sun and Daily Mail.
    Expect Michael Mansfield is awaiting instructions,
    but don't hold your breath!

Maybe not the papers (by suing them, JC possibly thinks it gives them undeserved credibility?) but you could have held your breath - though perhaps not for that long... :wink:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/tory-mp-ben-bradley-deletes-jeremy-corbyn-communist-spies-tweet-after-legal-threat-from-labour-leader/ar-BBJlcTY?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartandhp
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Corbyn can always sue the Sun and Daily Mail.
    Expect Michael Mansfield is awaiting instructions,
    but don't hold your breath!

Maybe not the papers (by suing them, JC possibly thinks it gives them undeserved credibility?) but you could have held your breath - though perhaps not for that long... :wink:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/tory-mp-ben-bradley-deletes-jeremy-corbyn-communist-spies-tweet-after-legal-threat-from-labour-leader/ar-BBJlcTY?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartandhp
    Imagine being represented in Parliament by a turd like Bradley :neutral:
  • Options
    2 more kids stabbed to death in London last night. Again it's hardly making the news. (Standard seems more concerned that Brendan Cole lost his place on Strictly because he danced with Camilla).

We can't go on like this. People who are carrying knives have got to start thinking that they might be caught if doing so and as such stop and search has surely got to be re-introduced on a more regular basis.

If the Police explain why it is being done, and carry it out sensitively, then why can anyone object? Surely the black community themselves (although personally I'd much prefer to think we were all one community) can't be against it when it is predominately their kids being killed?

• Options

2 more kids stabbed to death in London last night. Again it's hardly making the news. (Standard seems more concerned that Brendan Cole lost his place on Strictly because he danced with Camilla).

We can't go on like this. People who are carrying knives have got to start thinking that they might be caught if doing so and as such stop and search has surely got to be re-introduced on a more regular basis.

If the Police explain why it is being done, and carry it out sensitively, then why can anyone object? Surely the black community themselves (although personally I'd much prefer to think we were all one community) can't be against it when it is predominately their kids being killed?

With heavy heart, I'm going to disagree with you. I think we can go on like this.

It is a terrible waste of life, it must be agony for the families and it drains precious resources from the emergency services. None of that means that it can't keep going on though.

It's like a form of collective madness where it takes everyone working together to break the cycle. I hear lots of people saying that it's wrong, but they aren't the perpetrators. Sadly, I see nothing on the horizon that's going to stop it.
  • Options
    ***Rant Alert***

Feminism.

It's little wonder that people are suspicious or view outspoken feminists as man haters when leading news outlets and celebrity figures can't be consistent in what feminism actually supports?

Recently Pro-Feminism was about taking away the income of grid girls who chose to earn money by wearing skimpy outfits. One grid girl was called 'uneducated' by a feminist during a live television debate when it was suggested she had a right to chose what she wears.

According to the BBC News Home Page today, just three weeks later, you are now supposedly anti-feminist and sexist for criticising women for wearing skimpy outfits for promoting their new movie. In this case Jennifer Lawrence.

Apparently: 'Creating controversy over silly innocuous things such as what I choose to wear or not wear is not moving us forward. It's creating silly distractions from real issues. Everything you see me wear is my choice and if I want to be cold that's my choice too!'

This sits alongside a headline reading 'Elsie's Boyfriend wins gold.' Could you imagine if the headline read 'Man's Girlfriend Wins Gold.'?

I couldn't be more pro gender equality (despite my bad joke in the grid girls thread) but it seems to me that Feminism is shrouded with hypocrisy.

Maybe I'm mansplaining, but whilst the news outlets and certain women worry themselves about what they wear, I've just had a friend made redundant whilst on maternity leave because when they looked at the figures she'd made the least money over the last 12 months. No shit sherlock. She's not been in the office for 5 of those 12 months caring for a child.

Where's her support from these outspoken champions of women's rights?
  • Options
    I see that dick head tory MP for Mansfield has had to make a grovelling apology to Jeremy Corbyn and pay money to a charity of his choice. Another great scoop for that idiot rag the Daily Mail.