Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KFC In Meltdown

Comments

• Options

Addickted said:

I know for us meat eaters this isn't top of our agenda, but out of respect for @Arsenetatters can we perhaps at least curb the chicken jibes?

Panda to the minority you mean?

See those 5 hens whose lives have just been shortened by 1 week by the actions of one person on the Argument Alert? Well, they just become 6 hens after reading this thread....

That’s another one I’ve seen several times, especially in the hunting fraternity on social media. It’s often posted as a retaliation to those opposing killing animals for sport, along the lines of ‘just because you have the temerity to question me I’m going to get my gun and kill me a pigeon. That’ll learn you, you liberal snowflake pussies’ (yes, the majority I’ve encountered are American). The fact that anyone can get so riled up by a comment on a forum that they have to go and take out their frustrations on a defenceless animal is highly suspect and says more about the psyche of a person than anything. Besides, those hens would have died at your hands anyway Rob so it matters little when it happens.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Look, I agree with the posters here that want humane and ethical treatment for animals - that's a given, and in 2018 I think it's what most of society wants. I've worked with chickens (albeit temporarily, when I was about 17) and can attest that they're surprisingly intelligent/inquisitive little girls, and I've also looked after/cared for domestic chickens when my missus has been away.

That said - it's fucking tiresome. It happens generally in any thread about diet/food/meat/animals, if there's even the slightest sniff of relevance.

If you don't eat meat then I don't see why you'd bother going on a thread about a shop that only serves meat, let alone hijacking it to cause a debate around your own personal views.

If someone posts about being concerned for their own health - i.e the raw chicken thread - then it absolutely boggles the mind as to why anyone would feel that's a suitable thread to steamroller in with their own agenda.

What's even more frustrating is the same reactions occur, and it quickly develops in to "I'm so shocked that people have dared to respond in exactly the same way they've responded every other time.".
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Look, I agree with the posters here that want humane and ethical treatment for animals - that's a given, and in 2018 I think it's what most of society wants. I've worked with chickens (albeit temporarily, when I was about 17) and can attest that they're surprisingly intelligent/inquisitive little girls, and I've also looked after/cared for domestic chickens when my missus has been away.

That said - it's fucking tiresome. It happens generally in any thread about diet/food/meat/animals, if there's even the slightest sniff of relevance.

If you don't eat meat then I don't see why you'd bother going on a thread about a shop that only serves meat, let alone hijacking it to cause a debate around your own personal views.

If someone posts about being concerned for their own health - i.e the raw chicken thread - then it absolutely boggles the mind as to why anyone would feel that's a suitable thread to steamroller in with their own agenda.

The problem is militant meat-eaters seem to shit up any vegetarian threads so whilst I agree with you it'd be nice if it went both ways.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Fiiish said:

LuckyReds said:

The problem is militant meat-eaters seem to shit up any vegetarian threads so whilst I agree with you it'd be nice if it went both ways.
    Hah, I appreciate your point; I agree that it does go both ways - I dare say a thread about vegetarian recipes would quickly be bombarded with a few "Chicken and Bacon sandwich" responses!
  • Options
    Besides, if you veggies think it's difficult being on CharltonLife - imagine being a Tory on here... Commies and Trots everywhere! ;)

*ducks for cover*
  • Options
    Mention of ducks and cover only likely to inflame things at Rob's end tbh
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

LuckyReds said:

If you're including me in that "militant meat-eater" description, you couldnt be further from the truth, I've said where I stand on the subject loadsa times, but the same vegans commenting whenever there's a food / meat thread and not expecting any debate or banter back, does get a bit tiresome imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Harvester just sent me a message me a message saying "Give the colonel a night off as we have plenty of finger licking good chicken."

How do they know about my personal pleasuring preferences?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Mention of ducks and cover only likely to inflame things at Rob's end tbh

Used to love a bit of wildfowling down on the estuary. The early morning "twitchers" were never too much impressed mind....
  • Options
    Debate is always welcome as is banter if it’s original and at least a little bit amusing.
  • Options

Debate is always welcome as is banter if it’s original and at least a little bit amusing.

Shut up you muggy norvern monkey!

(ONLY testing the theory...)
  • Options

7 hens now @AddickUpNorth I hope you are proud of yourself :-)

I’d best shut up then, I don’t want the death toll to rise any further :frowning:
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

How can you tell if someone’s vegan?

Don’t worry, they’ll let you know.

The old ones are the...........oldest.

• Options

Shut up you muggy norvern monkey!

(ONLY testing the theory...)

Like I said, original banter :wink:
  • Options

7 hens now @AddickUpNorth I hope you are proud of yourself :-)

That's weird you stuck that up just before me.

I'm searching orange chicken boiler suits as we speak guys....
  • Options
    I happen to like KFC, the only fast foid I do like. There is an outlet opposite the MK Dons stadium and on Saturday, the outlet was closed!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PeterGage said:

I happen to like KFC, the only fast foid I do like. There is an outlet opposite the MK Dons stadium and on Saturday, the outlet was closed!

MKFC?
  • Options
    Fed up with people not taking chickens seriously.

Can we all leave it now or I'm sending this mother round your houses:

• Options
    The Met has put out a tweet reminding people that it's not a police matter if a KFC outlet is closed and that they shouldn’t be contacted!!

Weird.
  • Options

PeterGage said:

Ran out of chicken mate
    I saw a woman running out of there just before they shut clutching the last two bargain buckets muttering something about the corporate hospitality running out of vol-au-vents.
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

How can you tell if someone’s vegan?

Don’t worry, they’ll let you know.

The old ones are the...........oldest.

Regardless of how old or funny it is, the point the joke makes is proven every time one of these threads comes up.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Wow that is a bargain bucket it one animal.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Fucking hell, that's the stuff of nightmares.
  • Options
    I think Alan Partridge was on to something half way through this interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqieXSLOslo