Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

KFC In Meltdown

124»

Comments

• As KFC is closed will treat myself to an infected spinal column in a bap
  • So what's going to happen first? KFC restocking their chicken or CAFC being taken over?
  • WSS said:

kimbo said:

https://www.worldanimalprotection.org/change-for-chickens

Have you seen the conditions that the poor chickens life in at KFC and many other fast food outlets. Disgraceful

Either way they still get killed to eat, so I don't get how it really matters to anyone who does eat meat
    As a meat-eater, I disagree.

I'd prefer the life animals for food did have was as best as it possibly could be.
    You do realise that's completely irrelevant right? I find it very hard to believe you can feel any kind of sympathy towards an animal that you eat. It doesn't want to be killed so whatever you do from the moment it's born (for people to eat) to the moment it's slaughtered simply doesn't matter.

What you've just said makes me laugh just as much as when someone will open a pack of chicken and say 'corr that smells funny' yes because it's dead flesh pal.
  • Debate is always welcome as is banter if it’s original and at least a little bit amusing.

Shut up you muggy norvern monkey!

(ONLY testing the theory...)

Like I said, original banter :wink:
    First time i've posted it today?

Point taken though...
  • KFC losing a million pound a day over the fiasco apparently, I can’t believe on the news tonight someone in Tower Hamlets phoning the police to complain their local KFC branch was shut....

Goodness knows where the missing chickens are, and whether they will end up in a KFC branch, might be worth giving them a swerve for a bit (when open).
  • Pray for the chicken children of South East London.

On the plus side, those shares I bought on Morley's and Chicken Cottage have gone 4 fold.
  • So what's going to happen first? KFC restocking their chicken or CAFC being taken over?

Knowing our luck KFC get taken over and the CAFC kitchen stocked ceiling high with chicken.
  • LuckyReds said:

Look, I agree with the posters here that want humane and ethical treatment for animals - that's a given, and in 2018 I think it's what most of society wants. I've worked with chickens (albeit temporarily, when I was about 17) and can attest that they're surprisingly intelligent/inquisitive little girls, and I've also looked after/cared for domestic chickens when my missus has been away.

That said - it's fucking tiresome. It happens generally in any thread about diet/food/meat/animals, if there's even the slightest sniff of relevance.

If you don't eat meat then I don't see why you'd bother going on a thread about a shop that only serves meat, let alone hijacking it to cause a debate around your own personal views.

If someone posts about being concerned for their own health - i.e the raw chicken thread - then it absolutely boggles the mind as to why anyone would feel that's a suitable thread to steamroller in with their own agenda.

What's even more frustrating is the same reactions occur, and it quickly develops in to "I'm so shocked that people have dared to respond in exactly the same way they've responded every other time.".

Apologies for going on my chicken rant.

It's like a red rag to a bull for me. Rescuing and looking after chickens is what I do full-time, 24 hours a day - 365 days a year. So if people find it 'tiresome' that I bring up one of the major parts of my life in a thread with the word chicken in the title - what can I say? If I have an agenda, rather than just letting off steam, it's to hope that even just one person might wonder about their welfare before slaughter. On the whole I don't go on about eating or not eating meat, I go out for meals with people who eat meat and live with Mr Tatters who eats meat. I'm not foolish enough to think that my not eating meat will have any effect on the world, but it's a choice I make which sits comfortably with my way of life, to my own moral code.

Chickens are a huge part of my life so it would be strange not to speak up for them.

• MrOneLung said:

Addickted said:

I know for us meat eaters this isn't top of our agenda, but out of respect for @Arsenetatters can we perhaps at least curb the chicken jibes?

To be fair, it is a thread about KFC and eating chickens rather than a discussion of vegetarians objections to the chicken rearing industry.
    similar to when someone kept qouting horse racing death watch when we was trying to discuss the grand national.
    Actually horse is OK. I'd rather eat some than watch them racing. Chicken racing on the other hand is f***ing awesome.
  • MrOneLung said:

this could have been avoided if they stocked up on these

Oh sweet christ.
  • Sponsored links:

• LuckyReds said:

Look, I agree with the posters here that want humane and ethical treatment for animals - that's a given, and in 2018 I think it's what most of society wants. I've worked with chickens (albeit temporarily, when I was about 17) and can attest that they're surprisingly intelligent/inquisitive little girls, and I've also looked after/cared for domestic chickens when my missus has been away.

That said - it's fucking tiresome. It happens generally in any thread about diet/food/meat/animals, if there's even the slightest sniff of relevance.

If you don't eat meat then I don't see why you'd bother going on a thread about a shop that only serves meat, let alone hijacking it to cause a debate around your own personal views.

If someone posts about being concerned for their own health - i.e the raw chicken thread - then it absolutely boggles the mind as to why anyone would feel that's a suitable thread to steamroller in with their own agenda.

What's even more frustrating is the same reactions occur, and it quickly develops in to "I'm so shocked that people have dared to respond in exactly the same way they've responded every other time.".

It's like a red rag to a bull for me. Rescuing and looking after chickens is what I do full-time, 24 hours a day - 365 days a year. So if people find it 'tiresome' that I bring up one of the major parts of my life in a thread with the word chicken in the title - what can I say? If I have an agenda, rather than just letting off steam, it's to hope that even just one person might wonder about their welfare before slaughter. On the whole I don't go on about eating or not eating meat, I go out for meals with people who eat meat and live with Mr Tatters who eats meat. I'm not foolish enough to think that my not eating meat will have any effect on the world, but it's a choice I make which sits comfortably with my way of life, to my own moral code.

Chickens are a huge part of my life so it would be strange not to speak up for them.

So Lucky, perhaps you can enlighten me... why did the chicken cross the road?
  • Addickted said:

I know for us meat eaters this isn't top of our agenda, but out of respect for @Arsenetatters can we perhaps at least curb the chicken jibes?

Panda to the minority you mean?

See those 5 hens whose lives have just been shortened by 1 week by the actions of one person on the Argument Alert? Well, they just become 6 hens after reading this thread....
    Panda? What about Pandas? Are we eating Pandas now?
  • LuckyReds said:

Arsene, whilst I didn't expect you to respond and defend your rationale (I completely understand it, not to mention agree with the sentiment) - I appreciate that you have.

It's clear that chickens - and the ethical treatment of them - is something close to your heart; and that's admirable. Having convictions and passion about the welfare of animals is great, and I do appreciate that you don't make it a petty "meat-eater vs veggie" type argument; something which I think most of us who eat meat can appreciate. Rather than simply asking people to not eat meat, asking them to consider where that meat has come from - and how it was treated during it's life - is certainly a reasonable request, something that's a lot more realistic, and something I think we should all do more of. (The same goes for the farming practices behind vegetables too to a lesser extent)

Rather than intending to single you out (although admittedly, I can understand how that would appear in this specific thread), I was speaking more about the inevitable cycle that often occurs in threads like this.

On a vaguely related note, am I correct in saying your from NW Kent? If so, I may have pick your brains and see if you have any gossip about something chicken related.
  • edited February 2018
    The Boondocks predicted this, in 2010

https://youtu.be/MTHL3_-O2V8
  • LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

Arsene, whilst I didn't expect you to respond and defend your rationale (I completely understand it, not to mention agree with the sentiment) - I appreciate that you have.

It's clear that chickens - and the ethical treatment of them - is something close to your heart; and that's admirable. Having convictions and passion about the welfare of animals is great, and I do appreciate that you don't make it a petty "meat-eater vs veggie" type argument; something which I think most of us who eat meat can appreciate. Rather than simply asking people to not eat meat, asking them to consider where that meat has come from - and how it was treated during it's life - is certainly a reasonable request, something that's a lot more realistic, and something I think we should all do more of. (The same goes for the farming practices behind vegetables too to a lesser extent)

Rather than intending to single you out (although admittedly, I can understand how that would appear in this specific thread), I was speaking more about the inevitable cycle that often occurs in threads like this.

On a vaguely related note, am I correct in saying your from NW Kent? If so, I may have pick your brains and see if you have any gossip about something chicken related.
    Hi @LuckyReds

I am indeed in NW Kent. I'm also ITK about chicken related gossip. PM me if I can help :smile:
  • Now running low on gravy!
  • edited March 2018
    On the plus side, KFC have launched an iphone holder in Japan.
    Col. Sanders is enjoying the joke.