Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jim Davidson

Comments

• Options
    Usually the problem is bad driving causing stupid accidents. 
    Something  you never do yourself of course!
  • Options
    ACAB the gist of your post revolves around private hire vehicles, not congestion. Perhaps you should venture south of the river.
    I think you missed my point. 
    I’m all for cycling and cleaning up the air etc. But grinding traffic to a halt is adding to the pollution.
    oh and that old chestnut about south of the river how do you think I get to Charlton eh   via Kent.
  • Options
    Usually the problem is bad driving causing stupid accidents. 
    Something  you never do yourself of course!
    Sadly, we all do it sometimes, but I do think there is a type of driver who just goes too fast, overtakes on the inside, enjoys driving like it is a race. We have all seen them. Some of them may post on here. And they cause a lot of the accidents.
  • Options
    Classic? I liked him in the snooker program and generation game, but maybe I've had my sense of humour ruined by the left. Maybe.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Classic? I liked him in the snooker program and generation game, but maybe I've had my sense of humour ruined by the left. Maybe.
    I was being ironic - just illustrates how dreadful his comedy was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCOlly said:
    Talal said:
    Embarrassing that he's a fellow Charlton fan.
    Should have left him in the 1970s.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    But back in the day that wasn’t the case......it was full on main stream, with BBC and media acceptance.
    Something you and many others fail to realise or accept.
    I was around at the time and found him unfunny and offensive then - the Chalky character shows how crap he was. It may have been mainstream but it was dteadful.
  • Options
    Comedy evolves and leaves us all behind. Great comedy survives but most of it just goes out of fashion. I don't think we can judge Jim in the context of today even if we didn't like his comedy at the time, as you say many did. 

What disapoints me is I think he actually showed a greater talent IMO as a tv host. He did a great job on Big Break and The Generation Game. He would still be raking it in doing similar to that if he was a bit more neutral outside of performing. 

He is a bit like the comedy version of king Canute. But he still has his niche audience that will keep his head above water playing minor venues. And he has done and is doing fantastic work for army charities.
  • Options
    He is dated no doubt - and not really my cup of tea - but it does make a change to have a comedian who is not afraid to punch down sometimes.....and one who has a non liberal / left outlook. There’s not many of them about. 
    Your assumption is that change is good, in some instances it is not. 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    But back in the day that wasn’t the case......it was full on main stream, with BBC and media acceptance.
    Something you and many others fail to realise or accept.
    I was around at the time and found him unfunny and offensive then - the Chalky character shows how crap he was. It may have been mainstream but it was dteadful.
    But obviously not a view not shared by millions of fans at the time.
    Fortunately times have changed and racist, homophobic comedy is not so popular.
    It does not make his views altogether wrong.
  • Options
    Acab said:
    ACAB the gist of your post revolves around private hire vehicles, not congestion. Perhaps you should venture south of the river.
    I think you missed my point. 
    I’m all for cycling and cleaning up the air etc. But grinding traffic to a halt is adding to the pollution.
    oh and that old chestnut about south of the river how do you think I get to Charlton eh   via Kent.
    One thing that gets overlooked is the increase in the number of vans delivering stuff bought online from the likes of Amazon. If more of those were electric/hybrid it would help, but I suspect they add considerably to congestion. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    He is now a bitter, spiteful and hateful man who, if he had a sell by date, is a long way past it. 

One of a growing number of ex celebs who are desperate for attention and the need  to remain current and decide the best way to do it is to be controversial.

Unfortunately it just comes across as nasty.
  • Options
    Imagine being a millionaire wife beating pisshead and trying to pass judgement on others misfortune. 
  • Options
    He is now a bitter, spiteful and hateful man who, if he had a sell by date, is a long way past it. 

One of a growing number of ex celebs who are desperate for attention and the need  to remain current and decide the best way to do it is to be controversial.

Like him or loathe him, he still sells out gigs.
  • Options

Plenty of scumbags with the same opinions out there 
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Plenty of scumbags with the same opinions out there 
    A boring world if we were all made the same.
  • Options
    Well back in the day I found him very funny. 
    A lot of people still do Rambo.