Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

International Break - March 2018

Comments

• Options
    Dear god what an awful cross from Rose!!
  • Options
    And this Spanish ref is crap too... blatant pen, and then gave Holland a free kick in the first half when our player was fouled and theirs wiped out their team mate!!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43373928

Incidentally, I couldn't help noticing this comment concerning Will Grigg

In-form Wigan Athletic striker Will Grigg is another notable absentee after scoring seven goals in his last nine club games.

O'Neill said on Monday that he, along with Wigan boss Paul Cook, believes it best that Grigg remains with his club as there are League One matches on the same date as the friendly.
    Interesting how this never came up with Josh. If Bowyer had been in charge earlier, might he have also got Josh to pull out?
    It's possible he wants to change things? Hard to know. But even if he'd dropped Josh he'd need him on the bench.

I get the feeling that Josh is that type of player who'd never dream of pulling out of International duty if called up
  • Options
    Final ball is so frustrating!!!
  • Options

Final ball is so frustrating!!!

Gonna have a strong sense of deja vu from 3pm tomorrow
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

In-form Wigan Athletic striker Will Grigg is another notable absentee after scoring seven goals in his last nine club games.

O'Neill said on Monday that he, along with Wigan boss Paul Cook, believes it best that Grigg remains with his club as there are League One matches on the same date as the friendly.
    Interesting how this never came up with Josh. If Bowyer had been in charge earlier, might he have also got Josh to pull out?
    It's possible he wants to change things? Hard to know. But even if he'd dropped Josh he'd need him on the bench.
    I get the feeling that Josh is that type of player who'd never dream of pulling out of International duty if called up

Whilst I’m sticking with my original comment of it being a wanky thing to come out and say, how much game time would grigg get in comparison to big Josh?

• Options
    Get in
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

And unlike Will Grigg, Josh is actually from Northern Ireland!
  • Options
    England 1-0 Lingard
  • Options
    A deserved goal for England.

Bizarre how poor Holland are when you consider the world class players Belgium have at the moment
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Danny Rose is having a stinker
  • Options

Danny Rose is having a stinker

Especially if we're playing with 3 at the back and wing backs, I'd rather Ashley Young, a great crosser of the ball
  • Options
    The Dutch throwing on a giant striker and lumping balls into the box, funny to see England playing slow passing while the Dutch go direct!
  • Options
    Thought that was pretty good for England
  • Options
    Very encouraging performance. Centre halves look mint. Like Trippier.
  • Options
    Scotland 0-1 Costa Rica :smiley:
  • Options
    Enjoyed that. More false hope I’m sure but Southgates got us going in the right direction.
  • Options
    Not to take away from England (steady and comfortable performance) but Holland at home there were absolutely appalling. Depay was the only one trying- it's no wonder they failed to qualify - dare I say their performance tonight was very England-esque...?
  • Options
    Southgate actually has us playing very crisp football

We just lack a little through the midfield
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mexico v. Iceland, or "The Big One" as it's called, is kicking off here shortly. Unfortunately my mum is in town so can't watch it live :/.

Also, US unveiled their new 2018 World Cup 2019 Gold Cup (I'm sure I don't need to tell you what the prestigious Gold Cup is) today. Really smart home shirts.

https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/2018/3/23/17157312/closer-look-new-usa-uswnt-usmnt-kits
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    SDAddick said:

Mexico v. Iceland, or "The Big One" as it's called, is kicking off here shortly. Unfortunately my mum is in town so can't watch it live :/.

Also, US unveiled their new 2018 World Cup 2019 Gold Cup (I'm sure I don't need to tell you what the prestigious Gold Cup is) today. Really smart home shirts.

https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/2018/3/23/17157312/closer-look-new-usa-uswnt-usmnt-kits

I'm wondering how your Mum affects your TV reception. Does she bring her own Faraday cage with her?
  • Options
    So Northern Ireland agreed to let Grigg stay behind as they need him for there promotion push.

He is on the bench
  • Options

So Northern Ireland agreed to let Grigg stay behind as they need him for there promotion push.

He is on the bench

Did us a favour with Magennis really. Can’t complain.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

He is on the bench

Did us a favour with Magennis really. Can’t complain.
    Even if Grigg was called up i am sure Magennis would still have been as well
  • Options
    Gomez has withdrawn from the England Squad for the Italy game

Hopefully its nothing serious, yet wouldnt surprise me if he's out of this World Cup as reckon he's done for the season
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Bit of a strange formation isn't it?

----------------------Butland

Trippier ----Walker -----Stones ------Tarkowski ------Young

---------------Dier -----------Oxlade-Chamberlain

------Sterling---------Vardy-----------------Lingard

Putting two right-backs in the starting 11 isn't a great start.